Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭fitz

That picture is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Just got my match tickets for the semi final. Strangely they are in Section 12 of the blue bit of the stadium yet according to the stadium maps there is no section 12?!

Anyone able to unravel the mystery?

Leinster (v Edinburgh): I Nacewa; D Kearney, F McFadden, G D’Arcy, F Carr; I Madigan, I Boss; H van der Merwe, S Cronin, N White; D Browne, D Toner; R Ruddock, S Jennings, J Heaslip (c).

Replacements: R Strauss, J McGrath, M Moore, K McLaughlin, L Auva’a, E Reddan, N Reid, B Macken

*Sorry, didn't spot the match thread already set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Madigan looks like he's cracking up in that photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

If you're unsure as to what Leinster are actually doing to support Bank of Ireland, they have changed the previous English version of Bank of Ireland logo that lies across the chest of the jersey to the new as Gaeilge version. This Photo highlights exactly what I'm referring to.
    610953.jpg

Splendid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Hagz wrote: »
    Leinster Rugby is showing it's support for Bank of Ireland's participation in the Bród campaign by donning the new Banc na hÉireann jerseys.

610957.jpg

Delightful

Thought this was another rugby lookalike post. On the left: Mark King from Level 42. On the right: Fr Dougal Maguire..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

610957.jpg

610953.jpg

I, for one, would like to wish the lovely couple a long and happy civil partnership.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm actually in stitches over those.. I'd say they'll be getting some stick over it.

I'm sure they're taking the piss themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Everyone in the office in stitches, priceless photos!

• Advertisement

Just got my match tickets for the semi final. Strangely they are in Section 12 of the blue bit of the stadium yet according to the stadium maps there is no section 12?!

Anyone able to unravel the mystery?

That is bizarre... Are you in the €50 section?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Just when we were starting to lose the "Leinster ladyboy" slags and all...

Haha, Sportsfile are after taking down the first picture. It's too late Fitz/Madigan, you must suffer!!!

.ak wrote: »
    That is bizarre... Are you in the €50 section?

Yep, we are indeed. It's very odd, looked at the stadium map on various sites and there appears to be no section 12. The only thing I can think of is we're in the small few rows of seats between 11 and 13.

That or we're not getting into the ground and it's 1-0 Clermont! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Those photos are totally hilarious .... and embarrassing!

Anyone know the status on Conway? Would have preferred him to Carr for Friday

Yep, we are indeed. It's very odd, looked at the stadium map on various sites and there appears to be no section 12. The only thing I can think of is we're in the small few rows of seats between 11 and 13.

That or we're not getting into the ground and it's 1-0 Clermont! :p

Haha! Either that or it really translates into 13, and LR have been given x amount of blocks to fill, numbering them 6 to whatever. I hope that's the case, if it is it looks like there'll be a decent Leinster contingent going, with 5+ blocks filled after 3 days of sales.

... or it could be just how LR have numbered them, and we're actually all over the place. :(

.ak wrote: »
    Haha! Either that or it really translates into 13, and LR have been given x amount of blocks to fill, numbering them 6 to whatever. I hope that's the case, if it is it looks like there'll be a decent Leinster contingent going, with 5+ blocks filled after 3 days of sales.

... or it could be just how LR have numbered them, and we're actually all over the place. :(

I have heard that all the Lenister fans will be together in the €50 stand (and possibly some other pockets). As far as I know allocation is split 50/50 if both teams want 50% as it's the ERC running the semi's as opposed to the home teams in the 1/4 finals.

After living in france last year not many of them would fork over €50 for a match ticket! Reckon it'll be Leinster fans in the better seats with Clermont at the ends.

4 flights and a train to get there plus two nights accomodation and it still works out cheaper than the day trip! Can't wait now, love the auld H Cup away trips!:)

I have heard that all the Lenister fans will be together in the €50 stand (and possibly some other pockets). As far as I know allocation is split 50/50 if both teams want 50% as it's the ERC running the semi's as opposed to the home teams in the 1/4 finals.

After living in france last year not many of them would fork over €50 for a match ticket! Reckon it'll be Leinster fans in the better seats with Clermont at the ends.

4 flights and a train to get there plus two nights accomodation and it still works out cheaper than the day trip! Can't wait now, love the auld H Cup away trips!:)

Yeh I managed to get indirect flights, two nights accom and 50euro match tickets for under 280e. Plenty of change left over for some red wine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Apparently Ryanair are doing a same day to Bordeaux for 279

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

durkadurka wrote: »
    Apparently Ryanair are doing a same day to Bordeaux for 279

Money tight.... but.... want to....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Advertisement

tolosenc wrote: »
    Money tight.... but.... want to....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Do it!!:D

Evening Herald Try of the season nominees are up.
    http://www.herald.ie/sport/rugby/vote-for-the-evening-herald-leinster-try-of-the-season-3076528.html

For a team try, O'Driscoll's was very slick, Fitzgerald's was a joy to watch considering the tough times he was going through, great individual try.
    Personally I voted for Madigan's just because I thought it was a fantastic solo try and the award will after all go to one man.

You can vote as many times as you wish.

The BOD will win comfortably I feel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

can we have Madigan............pleeeeeeeassssseeeeeee

Fishooks12 wrote: »

But ROG is playing galactic class at the minute. Hasn't cost you a few games lately at all...

Fishooks12 wrote: »

Nope. Ye would be whingin if he wasnt kicking to the corner all the time!

On a serious note he kicked a restart out on the full. So you wouldn't want him at all at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

durkadurka wrote: »
    Nope. Ye would be whingin if he wasnt kicking to the corner all the time!

On a serious note he kicked a restart out on the full. So you wouldn't want him at all at all.

An unforgivable offence !

I remember when Sexton did it against Wales. That was the moment I decided that I want ROG at 10 until he's at least 48 :D

Actually, now that I think of it, Leinster are playing above international standard right now.

There are very few teams in the galaxy that can live with Leinster at the moment .

Apart from clermont.

• Advertisement

Or a team of 15 O'Garas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement