Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Not really sad to see him go. I wish him well in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

Whats the story with Simon Shawe? Havent heard anything of him since the game against Saracens in Twickers. Was he released or is he injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,670 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

JustinDee wrote: »
    On the IRFU website they are bang-on.

it has leo at 6 6 - when i saw him he looked only 6 4

same size as Kev -

i'll bring my glasses or tape next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Ah you shrink a bit with age!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Mid point in the season and we're up to 3rd in the table with 6 of our 10 ML games to come at home.

We're coming into form at the right time it seems and a win v Ospreys at home next weekend would be the perfect end to this period of ML games, putting us firmly in the play-off play-offs ahead of our final HEC group games.

A very positive mid-term report for Schmidt and the boys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Indeed. Was a very shakey start, but it seems we've settled into the Schmidt Schtyle of rugby.

What has excited me over the last couple of months is the young talent we've seen, especially in the back-row, and how they seem to relish in the heads-up, aggressive rugby we're playing. Squad rotation has been intelligent and some strong performances from the likes of McFadden and O'Malley when their opportunities were given.

Add to that, our defense has been excellent despite the loss of key coaching staff.

Long may it last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

thebaz wrote: »
    it has leo at 6 6 - when i saw him he looked only 6 4
    same size as Kev -
    i'll bring my glasses or tape next time ;)
    You can bet your keyster he's 6"6.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/6419.php

Fitz may be available, good to see.

D'Arcy, Healy, Heaslip and Sexton available for selection to play the Ospreys

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The result of this could have a significant effect on playoff places.

Certainly will, and with HEC and 6 nations spots coming up, there are places to play for, and players who will want to make points. With this in mind, Leinster's 23 will be interesting.

I'd like to see more of O'Malley and McFadden, I think they've earned the right to shake up our centre. But it will also be interesting to see where Luke will fit in, if he gets the all clear. Bench or pull a Kevin McLaughlin on it?

The choice of scrum-half will also be interesting. Against Mike Philips.....I'd go for Boss.

O'Brien for starting 6, jennings at 7 and Heaslip at 8.

Also, SOB for Irish 15 against Italy. Failing that, the presidency.

Should hopefully be a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Indeed. Was a very shakey start, but it seems we've settled into the Schmidt Schtyle of rugby.

What has excited me over the last couple of months is the young talent we've seen, especially in the back-row, and how they seem to relish in the heads-up, aggressive rugby we're playing. Squad rotation has been intelligent and some strong performances from the likes of McFadden and O'Malley when their opportunities were given.

Add to that, our defense has been excellent despite the loss of key coaching staff.

Long may it last!

Here here! Its been great to see the young lads step up to the mark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

anyone heard who'll be making the kit next year as arnt Canterbury only contracted for the two seasons?

I'd love to get a shirt or something for the games but the gear is atrocious, shiny horrid graphic stuck onto a shirt :o

I got the Training jersey and the HEC one (the one we used against Clermont), the nicest we've had in a long time.

Don't know about the Canterbury contract, but I'd certainly like a shake-up after all the 'elf-jizz'. Their latest offers aren't inspiring any confidence.

Furthermore, I'd love if Leinster's jerseys were actually Leinster colours.

I got the Training jersey and the HEC one (the one we used against Clermont), the nicest we've had in a long time.

Don't know about the Canterbury contract, but I'd certainly like a shake-up after all the 'elf-jizz'. Their latest offers aren't inspiring any confidence.

agreed. i saw someones mockup of what it could look like with the blue/gold trim - shame really but if puma get their hooks in we could see a worse shirt :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

What do you mean "if Leinster's jerseys were actually Leinster colours". What don't you like about the current colours used in the jersey?

They're too close to Bank of Ireland's colours for my liking.

This is the shade of blue Leinster should be: (like the checkered flag)

Leinster+Fans.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

traditionally leinsters colour was a darkish green outside of rugby anyway

i think he means a bluer blue like the heineken cup shirt....and some yellow..

the jersey looks awful tbh the material is plastic and the graphic is like a sticker transfer that was ironed on. its just that canterbury have some really nice shirts for other teams. they seemed to have gone off the rails for leinster with the blue magic thing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

I reckon I'm the only one who loves the current Leinster jersey. It's my favorite out of all of them to wear. I agree about the colours though. It's is drifting away from the harp gold and the blue needs to be brighter.If there was any jersey that was close to the one I want it would be this one. I mean that is just slick.
    SeanOBrien_Leinstertraining_RDS.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yup, that training jersey is my favourite Leinster jersey of all time and has been my jersey of choice to all games since i got it. Lovely jersey and really nice to wear too. Should have been the Leinster first choice jersey, it's perfect.

The current jerseys have grown on me, but I prefer th lighter blue and touch of gold in the jerseys, like above, as apposed to the dark navy of the current jersey or torquese (sp?) colour of the second jersey, or the white one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Healy signs up until 2013.

Link

Great news, now we need his mate Heaslip to make the same commitment

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Spud83 wrote: »
    Healy signs up until 2013.

Link

Great news, now we need his mate Heaslip to make the same commitment

Great news alright. And don't worry about Jamie. Sure himself and Healy are joined at the hip. That's as good as 2 in the bag. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

Next, I would like to see them sign deals with Heaslip, Sexton and O'Brien before those rich French types come around :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

lologram wrote: »
    Next, I would like to see them sign deals with Heaslip, Sexton and O'Brien before those rich French types come around :pac:
    I'm sure they will sign, that said the question is how much will they cost us.

Anyone see a wage bill quoted for Healy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I've heard reports of what next years jersey is like....big gold harp over the shoulder and around the hip...the person I was speaking to said they liked it but I don't from the sounds of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

Funkstard wrote: »
    I've heard reports of what next years jersey is like....big gold harp over the shoulder and around the hip...the person I was speaking to said they liked it but I don't from the sounds of it.

Are you for real? That sounds laughable.

Better than wavy white pixie dust.

Wait and see I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭davidpfitz

I'm sure they will sign, that said the question is how much will they cost us.

Anyone see a wage bill quoted for Healy

Word is just under €300k, and was still turned down by the bank for a mortgage. Bastards (the bank, that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Better than wavy white pixie dust.

Wait and see I suppose!

Unicorn jizz, get it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

jolley123 wrote: »
    SeanOBrien_Leinstertraining_RDS.jpg

That Jersey or the 08/09 Jersey when we won the Heineken are by the far the nicest jersies they've put out. That training jersey looks amazing, proper Leinster colors and no new age ****e to it, nice traditional looking jersey, none of this unicorn jizz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement