Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

trying being the key word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

As far as I can see Leinster have now finished first in the league, can't be caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

danthefan wrote: »
    As far as I can see Leinster have now finished first in the league, can't be caught.

Yip and it looks odds on The Ospreys finishing runners up. Could still be Leinster Munster in the semi's but more likely Leinster Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

Cant see Ulster playing a full strength team next Friday now as their chance of a top 4 finish is all but gone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

ongarite wrote: »
    Cant see Ulster playing a full strength team next Friday now as their chance of a top 4 finish is all but gone.

Surely they have to. Going 3 weeks without a game won't help their top players come semi-final time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

Should be a pretty full on game but I think Joe will mix things up a bit. Ulster would be mad to play Ferris in this game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

I reckon he'll send a strong team up to Ravers but sub the main players on 55 mins no matter what's going on in the game.

Would be good to get madigan on for another half an hour in a hostile game against quality opposition, where we're not flinging it around for fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Bristol are playing on sky today, any idea's if Jason Harris-Wright is playing at all or in the squad?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Leinster are still top of the Rabo Fair play league. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Bristol are playing on sky today, any idea's if Jason Harris-Wright is playing at all or in the squad?
    I think he is
    http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-Rugby-rise-big-challenges-Liam-Middleton/story-15812282-detail/story.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Jaysus Pat Sanderson is a natural on the telly!

Anyway, don't think JHW is starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

We'll definitely send a strong enough team against Ulster. I doubt it will differ much if at all form the team we played against Cardiff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Might see Heaslip, D'Arcy and Isa rested next week, the Clermont game would be five weeks in a row if they play against Ulster (would be six for Isa).

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭TomLamp

I think D'arcy has stated before that he feels more comfortable not being rested. As in, he feels that breaks don't do his rugby good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

TomLamp wrote: »
    I think D'arcy has stated before that he feels more comfortable not being rested.

D'arcy is on 198 appearances for Leinster, he just wants to get the 200 this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

CatFromHue wrote: »
    D'arcy is on 198 appearances for Leinster, he just wants to get the 200 this season.

He passed the 200 mark during the Munster game according to LR.

.ak wrote: »
    He passed the 200 mark during the Munster game according to LR.

I thought someone had but couldn't remember who. The 198 is as listed on the Leinster website and it includes for Friday nights game so I dunno were the mistake is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

When's the team for Ravers announced?

Would like to see:
    VDM Strauss White
    Toner Thorn
    Locky Ryan O'Brien
    Reddan Sexton
    Fitz D'arcy BOD Kearney
    Nacewa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

tolosenc wrote: »

Would like to see:
    VDM Strauss White
    Toner Thorn
    Locky Ryan O'Brien
    Reddan Sexton
    Fitz D'arcy BOD Kearney
    Nacewa

Thursday lunch? do you mean dave kearney? As Rob would undoubtedly be playing FB with Isa on the wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

tolosenc wrote: »

Would like to see:
    VDM Strauss White
    Toner Thorn
    Locky Ryan O'Brien
    Reddan Sexton
    Fitz D'arcy BOD Kearney
    Nacewa

It'll be close enough to the semi-final team. Ross has to play, we don't want him going into the Clermont game after a three-week break, Healy the same.

The second-row is where the real dilemma is, IMO. Toner was pretty impressive the other night, as he has been all season, but the Clermont pack is pretty big and with Cudmore and Hines in the second-row, there could well be an argument for Browne. I have no clue how Joe is going to play it.

• Advertisement

Tickets for the Pro-12 home semi final on sale now until Thursday evening at reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Tickets for the Pro-12 home semi final on sale now until Thursday evening at reduced price.

Woop! Nice one. Just ordered mine there for €25 in the North Stand :D

Cheeky feckers haven't even confirmed the date yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Is it in the RDS or Lansdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

DD9090 wrote: »
    Is it in the RDS or Lansdown?

RDS... doubt they would move to Lansdowne unless they got Munster tbh.... even then I'd have it at the RDS.

Anyone going to the Ulster game on Friday needing a lift or want to car pool?
    I'm driving up, passengers welcome..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

where are they onsale?

brian1976 wrote: »
    where are they onsale?

Off the Leinster website but just for season ticket holders. They won't go on public sale til next Monday.

• Advertisement

Only 14k turned up for the semi last year so I wouldn't worry about tickets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement