Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I hate french, even chrome translate can't really make a good go of it however I did laugh at the below
    Richard Strauss : good south af, former international, eater of children

He ate those babies in self defence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

I think it's time you started proof reading your posts :pac:

The horrible truth is I´m a student journalist! :D

Although I do tend to bash things out here without looking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

rrpc wrote: »
    What's this about? :confused:

I presume they meant 'acquisition'

EDIT: Wow, beaten to it, by a country mile!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

rrpc wrote: »
    What's this about? :confused:

Think he meant to say acquisition.

prospect wrote: »
    I presume they meant 'acquisition'

EDIT: Wow, beaten to it, by a country mile!
    WeeBushy wrote: »
    Think he meant to say acquisition.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

does anyone have anymore news on the possible tom denton deal?is the lad a worth while signing if it comes true remember neil back saying he was one of the most promising players in the premiership when leeds were in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

does anyone have anymore news on the possible tom denton deal?he the lad a worth while signing if it comes true remember neil back saying he was one of the most promising players in the premiership when leeds were in it.
    Easterby says there'll be no news for a few weeks I think.

Easterby says there'll be no news for a few weeks I think.

oh rite anymore rumors on other possible signings?maybe at flyhalf for when sexton has to rested as back up to madigan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

oh rite anymore rumors on other possible signings?maybe at flyhalf for when sexton has to rested as back up to madigan?

Nah, they'll look to bring Noel Reid through, plus Nacewa is there as emergency cover. No big-name is going to want to compete with Sexton and if Madigan keeps playing like he has been doing, then whoever comes in will be third choice and no-one worth signing will be up for that.

In Reid we trust imo.

If VdM doesn't resign we'll see another prop, otherwise bar Denton and Bent I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any new faces, just announcements of new contracts for current players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

If anyone's level of French is up to it, there's quite a good tongue-in-cheek preview of the game on the Clermont fans website:
    http://www.cybervulcans.net/site/le-leinster-selon-lexil
    Plenty of motivational tools for Joe Schmidt, if he needs any more... Sexton is a pre-pubescent adolescent, Strauss eats children and it goes on like that. The most outrageous claim is the last one:
    "Joe Schmidt vs Vern Cotter : c’est Cotter qui aurait pu devenir coach des blacks, pas Schmidt qui l’aurait suivi pour être juste son adjoint. Pas de match sur ce coup…"
    It's Cotter who could have become All Blacks coach, not Schmidt who would have had to follow him just to be his assistant. No contest on this one.

I particularly like the:
    Apparently these girls (Browne & Toner) were not suitable because they just picked up a medical wildcard Brad Thorn ... the ONLY player in the world to scare Jamie Cudmore.

G'wan Brad! :D

WeeBushy wrote: »
    In Reid we trust imo.

If VdM doesn't resign we'll see another prop, otherwise bar Denton and Bent I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any new faces, just announcements of new contracts for current players.

i thought Vdm was leaving?if he does there a big ginger lad at the stromers steven kitshoff who could pass for an irishman think hes only 20 aswell.whats the story with fitzgerald?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

i thought Vdm was leaving?if he does there a big ginger lad at the stromers steven kitshoff who could pass for an irishman think hes only 20 aswell.whats the story with fitzgerald?
    nothing announced yet for VDM or Fitzgerald. Both have contracts expiring at the end of the season so who knows.

nothing announced yet for VDM or Fitzgerald. Both have contracts expiring at the end of the season so who knows.

why did leinster let Fitzgerald contract run down i know the irfu pays part of his contract just seems strange to me ?i can understand Vdm he isnt IQ and wont be able to become IQ because of his SA cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

why did leinster let Fitzgerald contract run down i know the irfu pays part of his contract just seems strange to me ?i can understand Vdm he isnt IQ and wont be able to become IQ because of his SA cap.
    Fitzgerald is on a central contract which means that Leinster can not negotiate with Fitzgerald without IRFU premission. A few weeks ago Joe Schmidt gave out that he or Mick Dawson had not been able to sit down and talk with Fitzgerald.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The IRFU pay all of Fitzgerald's contract and are the only ones who can negotiate a new one with him.

oh rite didnt know that could be a few english teams keeping an eye on the situation would be a loss for leinster hes really started playing well again in the last few months

oh rite didnt know that could be a few english teams keeping an eye on the situation would be a loss for leinster hes really started playing well again in the last few months

If he does leave it will be to France, I would say. Bigger contracts, better league and better lifestyle. I'd be confident he'll stay, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Fishooks12 wrote:
    Really think the brilliant accusation of Thorn is going to be a major contributing factor to Leinster sneaking it in France

Brad Thorn: "That money was just resting in my account!"

Barnes is reffing the Clermont game.

https://twitter.com/#!/ercrugby/status/192253178304135168

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

Yikes...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

tolosenc wrote: »

Isn't that good for us? Least homerish of the potential 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Barnes?

It will be a free for all at the breakdown.

Worth noting all 3 of them reffing the game. Owens and Blind Dave are the AR's.

Barnes would definitely have been my choice for the match given the available selection.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Clegg wrote: »
    Barnes?

It will be a free for all at the breakdown.

Also suits Leinster really, they're very strong but slightly illegal at the breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Also suits Leinster really, they're very strong but slightly illegal at the breakdown.

Really? Elaborate please (not arguing just interested as to why you think they are?)

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Really? Elaborate please (not arguing just interested as to why you think they are?)

Leo Cullen? Jennings? To a lesser extent SOB and Ruddock? Dark Lords of the Sith....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

.ak wrote: »
    Leo Cullen? Jennings? To a lesser extent SOB and Ruddock? Dark Lords of the Sith....

Really? A tad unfair your comment I find..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Really? A tad unfair your comment I find..

They'd probably take it as a compliment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement