Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Really? A tad unfair your comment I find..

Why? That's their job; slowing ball down and killing Jedi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

.ak wrote: »
    Why? That's their job; slowing ball down and killing Jedi.

Have you seen the small moon Leo is building in his back garde.... wait a second... that's no Moon :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I saw this pic on the Ulster website and just had to laugh. What is Best up to?

Best5.jpg

Toner-barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

How is that unfair? It's 100% true.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Really? Elaborate please (not arguing just interested as to why you think they are?)

Leinster players arriving at the tackled player before the opposition always take up position in front of the player on the ground. It stops the oppo rucking over the ball but it is also technically putting them offside (at least I think it does).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Richie Mc Caw is a 3 time IRB Player of the Year and possibly the best openside to ever play the game.

He can also be illegal as **** at the breakdown. I doubt he or his team gives a damn about that though. His cheating doesn't make him less of a player. In fact, it makes me admire him even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Not disagreeing with you-was just continuing the Star Wars theme with my choice of words.Get my coat I will..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

From reading the Indo on Saturday it seems Luke Fitzgerald is going out with Nadia Forde, Fergus McFadden with Hazel O'Sullivan, Dave Kearney with Hayley Ryan, Rob Kearney with Susie Amy, Gordon D'Arcy with Aoife Coogan & of course BOD with Amy Huberman.

This is a very serious issue. How come most of the Leinster team are going out with models & actresses while the Munster team don't seem to be getting any of the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭TomLamp

TheTwiz wrote: »
    From reading the Indo on Saturday it seems Luke Fitzgerald is going out with Nadia Forde, Fergus McFadden with Hazel O'Sullivan, Dave Kearney with Hayley Ryan, Rob Kearney with Susie Amy, Gordon D'Arcy with Aoife Coogan & of course BOD with Amy Huberman.

This is a very serious issue. How come most of the Leinster team are going out with models & actresses while the Munster team don't seem to be getting any of the action.

Because Leinster are winning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭davidpfitz

How come most of the Leinster team are going out with models & actresses while the Munster team don't seem to be getting any of the action.

Because the Munster lads like to keep it in the family!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

No it's not.

And have you seen the heads on the Munster lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

tolosenc wrote: »
    No it's not.

And have you seen the heads on the Munster lads?

Leo Cullen. Need I say more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Leinster players arriving at the tackled player before the opposition always take up position in front of the player on the ground. It stops the oppo rucking over the ball but it is also technically putting them offside (at least I think it does).

Its something that I've noticed about Leinster play recently actually. You can clearly see the Kiwi influence of the coaching team in Leinster's approach to ruck-time.

The back-play and setpiece moves might get all the attention, but Leinster play some extremely clever rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Leo Cullen. Need I say more?

Ever seen his missus?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

eh................

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

** Prospect checks to see if he is still in the Rugby forum **

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

prospect wrote: »
    ** Prospect checks to see if he is still in the Rugby forum **

My real issue is the lack of photos - in fairness the thread includes "Gossip".......

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

anyone know what happend to peter du toit remember him being in the academy a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

anyone know what happend to peter du toit remember him being in the academy a few years ago.

Don't think he ever earned a spot in the full academy. Think he was in the sub-academy and didn't make the grade. He went off to South Africa for a short spell and, I think, he's back playing with UCD these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Bagged a couple of tries for Collidge at the weekend.

AIL.

GerM wrote: »
    Don't think he ever earned a spot in the full academy. Think he was in the sub-academy and didn't make the grade. He went off to South Africa for a short spell and, I think, he's back playing with UCD these days.

oh rite just remember reading that he was supposed to be a promising player just wondered what happened to him thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

GerM wrote: »

Yeah he's back at UCD.

There was also talk of him filling the bench spot in Leinster's A B&I semi just gone there... But the spot went to Healy in the end. Who, I have to say, even though was only on for a cameo was one of the few positives to take from that match. He showed his pace a couple of times and was lightning quick.

There was also talk of him filling the bench spot in Leinster's A B&I semi just gone there... But the spot went to Healy in the end. Who, I have to say, even though was only on for a cameo was one of the few positives to take from that match. He showed his pace a couple of times and was lightning quick.

He's been ripping up trees with Lansdowne, but I really didn't think he did anything in the A game. Not his fault though, he was only on for a few minutes so didn't get much of a chance. Did he touch the ball? Maybe I just missed his good stuff but was paying more attention to him as he went to the same school so I was interested to see how he would do.

WeeBushy wrote: »
    He's been ripping up trees with Lansdowne, but I really didn't think he did anything in the A game. Not his fault though, he was only on for a few minutes so didn't get much of a chance. Did he touch the ball? Maybe I just missed his good stuff but was paying more attention to him as he went to the same school so I was interested to see how he would do.

He made one decent break but IIRC was called back due to handling error a phase or two back, he looked like he had serious pace even from that, and looked on for a try.

But yeh, other than that, he only handled the ball once or twice, but even from the short time on he looked good to me. Interesting prospect.. What age is he? Is even officially leinster sub-a?

He made one decent break but IIRC was called back due to handling error a phase or two back, he looked like he had serious pace even from that, and looked on for a try.

But yeh, other than that, he only handled the ball once or twice, but even from the short time on he looked good to me. Interesting prospect.. What age is he? Is even officially leinster sub-a?

Oh yeah, I do remember that chance now. He's 22/23, afaik he's not in the sub-academy but I could be wrong on that. Started off as a scrum-half, played there through school and it was only after that he started playing on the wing as well. You're right though, great gas. Probably a bit late for him at this stage imo, if he was going to go pro you'd imagine it would have happened by now. Think he had trials in England last summer that didn't come to anything.

Oh yeah, I do remember that chance now. He's 22/23, afaik he's not in the sub-academy but I could be wrong on that. Started off as a scrum-half, played there through school and it was only after that he started playing on the wing as well. You're right though, great gas. Probably a bit late for him at this stage imo, if he was going to go pro you'd imagine it would have happened by now. Think he had trials in England last summer that didn't come to anything.

leo auva(spelling) is 28 he only turned pro last year could be worth a look at for connacht maybe?

leo auva(spelling) is 28 he only turned pro last year could be worth a look at for connacht maybe?

True but his case is a little different imo. Healy has been coming up through the age grades here so all the coaches would be aware of him, and he wasn't given a contract. Also he couldn't get a contract in England. Auva'a didn't came over to Ireland to be a professional rugby player, he just wanted a bit of a holiday and play a bitta rugby, and then it all just fell into place.

Would be delighted to see Healy get a contract somewhere but he's been around the scene since he finished school and hasn't been offered a contract yet.

• Advertisement

True but his case is a little different imo. Healy has been coming up through the age grades here so all the coaches would be aware of him, and he wasn't given a contract. Also he couldn't get a contract in England. Auva'a didn't came over to Ireland to be a professional rugby player, he just wanted a bit of a holiday and play a bitta rugby, and then it all just fell into place.

Would be delighted to see Healy get a contract somewhere but he's been around the scene since he finished school and hasn't been offered a contract yet.

suppose your right there was leo not with an NPC team in New Zealand before he came to ireland?never heard of the Healy chap is he any good?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement