Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

suppose your right there was leo not with an NPC team in New Zealand before he came to ireland?never heard of the Healy chap is he any good?

He couldn't break into Wellington's first team, and was offered to play AIL with Old Belvo so took up the adventure. And what an adventure it's turned out to be.

Imo - Healy is a very good AIL standard player, but just off pro standard. Scrum-half/winger. Played Ireland underage up to 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone else's semi final tickets arrived this morning?

Mine did. It seems the 'Section' info whilst purchasing the tickets was just some internal code and had no reference to where you were actually going to be seated. I bought two initially, and the receipt said section 6. Then my friend purchased one latter on my account, and it was section 8... Yet all three arrived today, and they're all seated together (not complaining!), however we're all in section 15.

Not the best of sections, especially if only about 1,800 of us are going to be there, might be a tad hard to make some sonic effect that far back... As long as we're all sitting in a big group though I don't mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
    14: David Kearney
    13: Brian O'Driscoll
    12: Fergus McFadden
    11: Luke Fitzgerald
    10: Jonathan Sexton
    9: Eoin Reddan

1: Cian Healy
    2: Richardt Strauss
    3: Mike Ross
    4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
    5: Brad Thorn
    6: Kevin McLaughlin
    7: Dominic Ryan
    8: Sean O'Brien

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Sean Cronin
    17: Heinke van der Merwe
    18: Nathan White
    19: Devin Toner
    20: Shane Jennings
    21: Isaac Boss
    22: Ian Madigan
    23: Fionn Carr

Match thread now open.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056611594

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Very interested to see that centre combo. Should be a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/olsc/9827.php

OLSC had a meeting with Celtic Rugby wrt to broadcast of games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Crazy! Leinster must be one of the best broadcasted teams around... Every Heineken Cup match, virtually every RDP12 match. What is the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Crazy! Leinster must be one of the best broadcasted teams around... Every Heineken Cup match, virtually every RDP12 match. What is the problem?

under the setanta deal every game was shown so some people want to throw their toys out of the pram

under the setanta deal every game was shown so some people want to throw their toys out of the pram
    No it wasn't... And Setanta didn't have to deal with Italian broadcasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

The geo-locking is quite an important issue to lots of people. It's not throwing toys out of the pram. Try watching the rugby on RTE or TG4 from abroad. For example, it's blocked in the UK and not even being shown on a competitor channel! What's the point in that? I, for one, am glad issues like this are being voiced.

lologram wrote: »

The geo-locking is quite an important issue to lots of people. It's not throwing toys out of the pram. Try watching the rugby on RTE or TG4 from abroad. For example, it's blocked in the UK and not even being shown on a competitor channel! What's the point in that? I, for one, am glad issues like this are being voiced.
    Might interfere with S4C or BBC contracts in the UK, regardless of whether they're showing it live.

Id be delighted if they lifted it though.

• Advertisement

They're never gonna lift the geo locking. The bid and pay for the rights on the basis of only showing them to a certain audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

See, the problem is we're absolutely spoiled for rugby coverage. If you're a GAA fan, you don't get to see all your team's games, likewise premiership soccer. I'd say 90% of Leinster and Munster games are televised live, I think we're doing OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

The problem is we need one dedicated broadcaster. The Setanta coverage was very good, and any games they didn't show live was shown on local channels.

Ideally ESPN or someone (perhaps a Sky sports channel) would have all the rights, and share with local broadcasters for games their not showing, in return for the pictures to stream online so all games can be viewed at once.

I wouldn't mind paying a small subscription fee.

In fact, the Setanta situation was very good, but they went on bankrupt themselves on English Premiership soccer, which was dumb. Maybe in a couple of seasons they'll be in a position to take it up again.

lets start the FTA vs Subscription thread again.

It went soooooooo well last time

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The issue the OLSC was addressing was one that really kicked off around the time of the RWC. There were a string of games IIRC that weren't covered at all by domestic broadcasters.

Being a season ticket holder working in UCD I've been fortunate enough to have made every home game. But not every home game was televised, or even filmed for broadcasting at a later date/time. In those cases, unless you were there then it was tough. And being a Sky subscriber allowed me to watch a few of the away games that weren't on domestic stations then too (BBC Alba etc). But again if you didn't have Sky then tough. If you were unfortunate enough not to be able to get to the RDS AND not have Sky then there were several games you wouldn't have been able to see.

The latter half of the season has been fine, but the start of the season there were a good few games that weren't televised at all by domestic stations, both home and away.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

See, the problem is we're absolutely spoiled for rugby coverage. If you're a GAA fan, you don't get to see all your team's games, likewise premiership soccer. I'd say 90% of Leinster and Munster games are televised live, I think we're doing OK.

Not the same boat at all.... If we're talking county football or premiership football the equivalent to me would be "I don't get to see all my favourite UBL team's games..."

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

lets start the FTA vs Subscription thread again.

It went soooooooo well last time

jesus thehighground vs justindee, bloody legendary stuff

Like a table tennis rally that would never end.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

jesus thehighground vs justindee, bloody legendary stuff

Like a table tennis rally that would never end.

Got a link to this thread? Sounds like a good read!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Got a link to this thread? Sounds like a good read!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65970161

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

@OLSCRugby: Ryanair reduce the price of same day HC semi finals flights - now from €229pp http://t.co/1g3kQo4c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Why didn't the OLSC request the other 3 supporters clubs to join forces and make an all Ireland request about the broadcasting schedule.

On an aside I see Ryle stated
    Ryle Nugent stated that RTE will televise 28 games live this season (14 Leinster, 11 Munster, 9 Ulster and 3 Connacht).
    this wouldn't be the impression you'd get here at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

phog wrote: »
    Why didn't the OLSC request the other 3 supporters clubs to join forces and make an all Ireland request about the broadcasting schedule.

Why don't you ask them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone else's semi final tickets arrived this morning?

Mine did. It seems the 'Section' info whilst purchasing the tickets was just some internal code and had no reference to where you were actually going to be seated. I bought two initially, and the receipt said section 6. Then my friend purchased one latter on my account, and it was section 8... Yet all three arrived today, and they're all seated together (not complaining!), however we're all in section 15.

Not the best of sections, especially if only about 1,800 of us are going to be there, might be a tad hard to make some sonic effect that far back... As long as we're all sitting in a big group though I don't mind!

Meant to reply to you this morning. Got my tickets and they are in the same area. Doesn't look great but sure we'll make our voices heard :)

On an aside I see Ryle stated

this wouldn't be the impression you'd get here at times.

I dunno what you mean about "the impression you get around here." I haven't seen anyone claiming that Leinster have received less coverage than anyone else... Do you have an example of that?

I personally think the whole thing is a bit ludicrous. As if Leinster fans have a right to be disappointed with the amount of games that have been broadcasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

What wasn't mentioned was the figures for which team was shown on TG4 and which was shown on RTE2.

It was quick to be pointed out that they were competitors for viewers and clashing games couldn't be on both yet when Leinster games being shown are calculated it's all one figure.

My personal experience is that Leinster are more often on TG4 with Munster more often at better times (Saturday evening) on RTE2.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Meant to reply to you this morning. Got my tickets and they are in the same area. Doesn't look great but sure we'll make our voices heard :)

Sweet, looking on LF looks like most us will be in section 15 and section 7 (the block infront)... Hopefully we can fill that block up all the way to the pitch. Would be nice to have a little impact amongst this craziness...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The OLSC made no secret of their issue with the lack of coverage through out the season and I doubt they'd have an issue with the other SC's coming forward themselves alongside'em. Pushing this should in affect benifit all the provinces on the whole as they are highlighting a lack of coverage for the current Cup holders. This in itself alludes a lack of coverage for the other provinces.
    I personally think the whole thing is a bit ludicrous. As if Leinster fans have a right to be disappointed with the amount of games that have been broadcasted!

Granted, this has been pushed throughout the entire season by OLSC, but I'd like to watch the other provinces play too. If there is minimal Leinster coverage, there's even less of the other provinces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Just FYI, Clermont are sending out pretty much the first team against Montpellier this evening (7.45 irish time). Regan King is back from injury, Bonnaire and Rougerie are rested, Malzieu on the bench.

Here's hoping for absolute carnage tonight, maybe a couple of not-too-serious-but-just-serious-enough-to-rule-a-few-guys-out-of-the-semi-final injuries...

15. Byrne
    14. Nakaitaci
    13. King
    12. Fofana
    11. Sivivatu
    10. James
    9. Parra
    1. Faure
    2. Kayser
    3. Zirakashvili
    4. Pierre
    5. Hines
    6. Vosloo
    7. Lapandry
    8. Vermeulen

http://www.asm-rugby.com/120419-compo.html

14 games a season is not minimal coverage by any reasonable definition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Podge_irl wrote: »
    14 games a season is not minimal coverage by any reasonable definition.

I said "If" and even then the main issue put forward was the away games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement