Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Burgo wrote: »

hopefully "in the coming days" actually means just that!
    but the IRFU have now effectively confirmed a softening of their approach after a wave of public criticism and confusion about their plans.

I wonder what they mean by softening their approach? something along the lines of allowing extensions?

Hopefully what it means is that a common sense approach is to be applied. For example there are loads of back three players available to the national side, therefore allowing Nacewa to stay does no damage to the national side.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

theKramer wrote: »
    Saw Simon Shawe is leaving at the end of the year. is that the end of the fairytale, or did he get a contract somewhere else?

I thought he was gone already, he disappeared from here in november
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/profiles/index.php

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Think he was still listed in the programmes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭ongarite

Some of those profile pics are absolute classics!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Is there any chances a rabo final against Munster would be played in the Aviva instead of the RDS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is there any chances a rabo final against Munster would be played in the Aviva instead of the RDS?

There would be only a tiny chance of it happening. With an Ireland soccer international being played on the Saturday it would be extremely unlikely to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

As a Leinster fan I would prefer RDS, easier to get a good atmosphere, especially if it was v Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Tox56 wrote: »
    As a Leinster fan I would prefer RDS, easier to get a good atmosphere, especially if it was v Munster.

Beats Thomond for atmosphere any day!

There would be only a tiny chance of it happening. With an Ireland soccer international being played on the Saturday it would be extremely unlikely to happen

That's a shame.

I'd love the branch to throw it in with cheap tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Tox56 wrote: »

I think it would struggle to fill the Aviva anyway. Much better to have it in a packed RDS than a half-full Aviva (just look at some of the soccer games for proof of that).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Unlikely.
    It would be at top seed's home ground.

I think it would struggle to fill the Aviva anyway. Much better to have it in a packed RDS than a half-full Aviva (just look at some of the soccer games for proof of that).

Two weeks to sell tickets, a historical double on the cards with Munster going all out to stop it, no way they'd struggle with attendance imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

The problem isn't that the 50,000 people who showed up in Lansdowne every time we've played there have suddenly stopped supporting Leinster, the problem is that it's a one week turnaround from a Heineken Cup final. You're likely to get 10's of thousands of Leinster supporters paying to go over to London the weekend before, and not all would be able to either make the trip to Lansdowne (as it would either have to be on the Friday or Sunday due to soccer match) and also the cost involved in knock-out games and trips.

Had we not reached the Heineken Cup final it would be more likely, but even at that, a 2 week turnaround to sell 50,000 tickets is tight enough.

But I'll take the current scenario any day of the week, and to be honest, would probably like to see us lift the trophy in Lansdowne (;)) but RDS is good too.

Also, are we to assume Munster are going to be in it? I think it's far more likely that we'll b playing the Ospreys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Also, are we to assume Munster are going to be in it? I think it's far more likely that we'll b playing the Ospreys.

I'd say it's 50/50 tbh, Swansea is no fortress

I really don't think they'd struggle to fill it, and even if that is an argument they could just price the tickets well. It'd be nice for Munster fans to go to the game, and although maybe 30,000 Leinster fans will travel to Twickers, I'd say there are atleast 20,000 more who won't.

If we hold normal season rabo game against Munster there, then why not the final? Lets give it the sense of occasion it deserves.

danthefan wrote: »
    Two weeks to sell tickets, a historical double on the cards with Munster going all out to stop it, no way they'd struggle with attendance imo.

Maybe the Munster fans can refresh my memory as to how it was on their end, but I don't remember a huge clamour for tickets among Leinster fans for last year's final in Thomond, when the historic double was on the cards as well. Am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

We not also assuming Leinster are going to be in it?...:rolleyes:

Maybe the Munster fans can refresh my memory as to how it was on their end, but I don't remember a huge clamour for tickets among Leinster fans for last year's final in Thomond, when the historic double was on the cards as well. Am I wrong?

Whoa whoa whoa there.

Less people wanted to go to an away game?

There was definitely a good few Thousand Leinster fans at it, but wasn't much of a clamour. I got tickets for myself and some friends handy enough, and I haven't been a season ticket holder in a couple of seasons.

I'd like to see it sent to Lansdowne and see what happens. I do also think as mentioned above, ticket pricing would be important, 10 and 20 euro tickets for example.

I wonder if we won both, would they be allowed to parade the Heineken Cup with the PRO12 trophy after the second final?

• Advertisement

Quint2010 wrote: »
    We not also assuming Leinster are going to be in it?...:rolleyes:

I think it's a safer bet tbh.

I think it's a safer bet tbh.

I though we were basically just talking hypothetical.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

No TV coverage of Saturday nights game! :mad:

Link

danthefan wrote: »
    I though we were basically just talking hypothetical.

Yeah in a hypothetical Munster Leinster final. Ulster any other season.

Play the final in the Aviva, at best you make a little more money for the branch at worst you make the tickets cheaper for the fans?

Interestingly what is the minimum turnout you would be comfortable with moving to the aviva for? I'd say if you can get 37,000 or more its worth it. Even though the atmosphere won't be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

DD9090 wrote: »

Link

There is more important games on to be fair as entertaining as Leinster games tend to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Can't really expect an utterly meaningless game to be televised ahead of the more important games, but it's still a shame, I normally enjoy watching how the younger guys are coming on.

DD9090 wrote: »

Link

Tg4 would be relying on Welsh TV to provide the feed and presumably, Welsh lads are more interested in their teams who have something to play for.

Ospreys v Aironi is a meaningless game too...

Edit: Guess it would be harsh not to televise their last ever match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Ospreys v Aironi is a meaningless game too...

Edit: Guess it would be harsh not to televise their last ever match.

Seen as BBC Alba is showing Glasgow v Connacht instead of Edinburgh v Treviso, the Italian brodcasters were always going to show Aironi seen as they are playing in Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    I'd say it's 50/50 tbh, Swansea is no fortress

The Ospreys are averaging two home losses per season for the last three seasons. This year one in the Rabo, to Glasgow during the 6 Nations, and one in the HEC to Saracens. Last season both were in the Magners (Dragons and Munster). The season before to Ulster and Leinster in the Magners.

The biggest losing margin in these 6 games was 7 points to Leinster in 09/10.

Honestly they're the only team I fear in the play offs as they've done the double on us this season, as well as on Munster and Connacht.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement