Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

That's a pretty decent side! Would give a few of the lower ML teams a decent run I'd reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

That's a pretty decent side! Would give a few of the lower ML teams a decent run I'd reckon.
    Yeah its a good team but this is the top team in championship, hell they are 17 points clear at the top of the championship so it should be a good match

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Where is the match? Is it in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

Donnybrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Bah. I would definitely go, but I'm playing at the same time myself.

Leinster should publicise this one a bit. Worcester are a serious outfit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

Bah. I would definitely go, but I'm playing at the same time myself.

Leinster should publicise this one a bit. Worcester are a serious outfit.

Have some good players too, Neil Best and Andy Goode. Has anyone posted up the team for it?

WORCESTER WARRIORS:

15: Mike Penn
    14: Sam Miller
    13: Alex Grove
    12: Greg King
    11: Andy Short
    10: Willie Walker
    9: Andy Williams

1: Callum Black
    2: Ed Shervington
    3: Tevita Taumoepeau
    4: Will Bowley
    5: James Clutterbuck
    6: James Freeman
    7: Matt Kvesic
    8: Adam Balding CAPTAIN

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Will Radburn
    17: Sean McCarthy
    18: Mike Hill
    19: Nile Dacres
    20: James Collins
    21: James Whybrow
    22: Joel Dudley

Not full strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Is that their A team or a half & half or what?

durkadurka wrote: »

Pretty hard to find what their starting team is but I imagine it's some academy mixed with the firsts.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

durkadurka wrote: »

http://www.warriors.co.uk/rugby/matchcentre.php?section=lineups&fixid=143531

They put a Bonus Point win on 2nd place Bedford last weekend. As far as I can tell, there isn't a single player who was involved in that game in the squad for the Leinster game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

that leinster backline is definitely better than connaughts, aironi, dragons but the forwards are very young and experienced

They trashed the 2nd place team in their league last week, only 3 or 4 players are retained from that game.

That said one of their centers is just back from a loan spell in Edinburgh and their 15 has his first game back from injury since the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TheHighRoad

1.Healy 2.Harris-Wright 3.Ross 4.Cullen 5.Toner 6.O'Brien 7.Jennings 8.Heaslip 9.Reddan 10.Sexton 11.McFadden 12.D'arcy 13.O'Driscoll 14.Horgan 15.Kearney 16.Sexton 17.McGrath 18.Ed O'Donaghue 19.McLaughlin/Ruddock/Dominic Ryan 20. Boss 21 Madigan 22.Fitzgerald 23.O'Malley All Irish 23. The starting 15 would beat most teams even in the Heineken Cup. Problems with hooker but other than that what a team! then the likes of McLaughlin, Ruddock, Dominic Ryan, Issac Boss, Luke Fitzgerald and O'Malley on the bench.

1.Healy 2.Harris-Wright 3.Ross 4.Cullen 5.Toner 6.O'Brien 7.Jennings 8.Heaslip 9.Reddan 10.Sexton 11.McFadden 12.D'arcy 13.O'Driscoll 14.Horgan 15.Kearney 16.Sexton 17.McGrath 18.Ed O'Donaghue 19.McLaughlin/Ruddock/Dominic Ryan 20. Boss 21 Madigan 23.Fitzgerald 23.O'Malley All Irish 22. The starting 15 would beat most teams even in the Heineken Cup. Problems with hooker but other than that what a team! then the likes of McLaughlin, Ruddock, Dominic Ryan, Issac Boss, Luke Fitzgerald and O'Malley on the bench.
    In 12 months Strauss will be Irish qualified, and Cronin will have relocated to Leinster, hooker will be solved

In 12 months Strauss will be Irish qualified, and Cronin will have relocated to Leinster, hooker will be solved
    I genuinely didn't know he would be eligiable so soon! Agh if only he came here 4 months earlier and he could have played for Ireland in the world cup!! Hes an excellent player probbaly one of the best hookers in the heineken cup this season.

I genuinely didn't know he would be eligiable so soon! Agh if only he came here 4 months earlier and he could have played for Ireland in the world cup!! Hes an excellent player probbaly one of the best hookers in the heineken cup this season.
    I could definitely be wrong, in fact I think I might be wrong I can't find it cited anywhere online when exactly he becomes Irish eligible. I am certain it is sometime in 2012 but the when I'm not sure

I could definitely be wrong, in fact I think I might be wrong I can't find it cited anywhere online when exactly he becomes Irish eligible. I am certain it is sometime in 2012 but the when I'm not sure

November 2012. He arrived here last year after the Currie Cup final.

CouchSmart wrote: »
    November 2012. He arrived here last year after the Currie Cup final.
    damn

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

the reason he was so late in arriving to leinster was because his team did so well in the currie cup. he was meant to be here alot earlier.

i personally think the residency rule should be alot more, say 5 or 6 years.

Another good cameo for Madigan in todays HC game, I reckon he's gonna be the real deal. I'd love to see him get a start in a strong team with the kicking duties, see what he's really made of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

CatFromHue wrote: »
    the reason he was so late in arriving to leinster was because his team did so well in the currie cup. he was meant to be here alot earlier.

i personally think the residency rule should be alot more, say 5 or 6 years.

Agreed, even though we're benefitting from it, it's rediculos. It should be in extreme cases only, not anyone who lands for a couple of seasons can then represent that country.

Not that I'm complaining, but it's a stupid rule regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

There was a thread on this a couple of months back:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056071033&highlight=residency

38-23 win against Worchester in the B&I cup

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/6953.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

38-23 win against Worchester in the B&I cup

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/6953.php

Congrats to the lads! very well played.

A friend told me that McGrath and Coway were excellent today.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

Rhys Ruddock was stretchered off with a back injury, seemingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Hope it's not serious.

Ciaran-Irl wrote: »
    Rhys Ruddock was stretchered off with a back injury, seemingly.
    apparently he was sitting up and the medical staff decided to strecher him off although he wanted to walk/hobble

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Does anybody know if we get a home quarter final, will it be in the Landsdown rd?

• Advertisement

tomred1 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if we get a home quarter final, will it be in the Landsdown rd?
    it hasn't been announced but I would imagine that it would be in New Lansdowne Road, you know how it goes Leinster want the extra money from the bigger gate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement