Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Never been a problem in the past getting tickets, even on the day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

What are peoples travel plans so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

ktulu123 wrote: »

Flying into Bristol at 7.35am on Sat morning, hire a car, and take a ~2 hour drive to London. Staying in a mates place and drive back to Bristol for 3pm flight home on Sunday.

Got 4 of the €98 tickets in the lottery this PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Booked tickets months ago and flight, getting flight in Sat morning to London City Airport and dropping bags off at hotel. Then straight to match.....meeting up with a rugby player after the match:D and going on beer. Then home on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

I wonder could we limit ticket and travel plans for the final to one thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Mine should be fun. Booked a while back. I'm in Dundalk so Belfast Heathrow was cheap. So I'll be sitting on a plane probably packed with Ulster fans dressed in Blue. Haha
    Going to one hell of a fun flight.

Mate lives in Twickenham so board is well sorted. He's a Munster fan though so he's still a bit "sore" about it.

I'm literally dying for may 19 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Does anyone know if Paddy Wagons is going to London by bus on the day? I did it last year to Cardiff and it was pretty cheap and cheerful.

Also, how many games in a row have Leinster played without losing, is it 13 or 14? What is the record in the competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

Coburger wrote: »
    Also, how many games in a row have Leinster played without losing, is it 13 or 14? What is the record in the competition?
    They lost to the Ospreys a few weeks ago. Before that I think they went about 19 or 20 undefeated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

ray jay wrote: »
    They lost to the Ospreys a few weeks ago. Before that I think they went about 19 or 20 undefeated.

In the HEC I think is the question asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Is there ANY idea of where the majority of Leinster fans will be sitting? I've been offered two tickets but they're up in the heavens (upper stand, behind the posts)... I figure they'll do something similar to last year and have the majority of the team allocations near the corners infront of the cameras for tv viewings...

• Advertisement

I'm in the East Stand, Lower Tier, Block L21, Row 24

I'm in the East Stand, Lower Tier, Block L21, Row 24

There seems to be a fair few in that area. Hrmmm... I dunno if I should grab these tickets (upper south) or just wait and see if I can better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

danthefan wrote: »
    In the HEC I think is the question asked.
    14 in that case, last loss was away to Clermont in 2010. No idea what the record is, but it couldn't be much more than that.

Would Leinster be the first team to win the Heineken Cup unbeaten?

No. I'm not sure of the stats, but I remember this debate popped up after Sky said that Saints would be the first team to win all their games in a Hcup campaign if they won... but someone else did it before I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Brive did it in 1997 but it always seems to be forgotten and I expect we'll see broadcasters talk about Leinster being potentially the first side to unbeaten just as they did last year with Northampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

GerM wrote: »

Brive did it in 1997 but it always seems to be forgotten and I expect we'll see broadcasters talk about Leinster being potentially the first side to unbeaten just as they did last year with Northampton.

We're they not saying last year that NH would have been the only team to win all their games rather than just being unbeaten?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

They would have said something about it by now, I haven't heard them bring it up.

The 3 in 4 is probably more siginificant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Since the introduction of home and away fixtures in the group stages no one has gone unbeaten as far as I am aware

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

ray jay wrote: »
    14 in that case, last loss was away to Clermont in 2010. No idea what the record is, but it couldn't be much more than that.

They were mentioning on sky sports during the match that we would set a new record if we beat clermont

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

molloyjh wrote: »
    We're they not saying last year that NH would have been the only team to win all their games rather than just being unbeaten?

Brive won all their games too. As a side note, they had a young Cedric Heymans on the bench which makes him, to the best of my knowledge, the only man to have 4 HEC medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭PJ Maybe

Coburger wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Paddy Wagons is going to London by bus on the day? I did it last year to Cardiff and it was pretty cheap and cheerful.

Yeah, there was a post on the OLSC facebook page yesterday with details. IIRC it's €120 return this year, starting at Kielys at 12:30am Friday night/Saturday morning.

Went with them last year myself too, no need to worry about accomodation so it's handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Anyone else in L36?

tolosenc wrote: »
    Anyone else in L36?

Cpt_Blackbeard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I'm in U12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Brive won all their games too. As a side note, they had a young Cedric Heymans on the bench which makes him, to the best of my knowledge, the only man to have 4 HEC medals.

Yeah but Brive only played 7 games that year, no one has ever won all their games since the current 9-match format was introduced. And of course, no one will do so this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Is it Heymans who has this funny record of winning loads of HEC medals but having played just like 30 mins in total (all 4 finals)?

Will Brad Thorn not be potentially setting records? Two world cups, a potential HC and potential Rabo.... He'd only be short the curry cup really!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

MugMugs wrote: »
    Will Brad Thorn not be potentially setting records?

I think he has set plenty already!

• Advertisement

Podge_irl wrote: »
    MugMugs wrote: »
    Will Brad Thorn not be potentially setting records?

I think he has set plenty already!

True..

Always good to keep achieving I.suppose. The man's an incredible player really. Hopefully he can stick the double under his belt too.... I'd say along with his fantastic pay cheque he's pretty fascinated by his time here. He looked pretty over whelmed by Sunday...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement