Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

McFadden or Kearney on the wing for the final I'd wager.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Desperately bad luck for him.

Wonder if he waited for his contract to be sorted to announce this (would be kind of cheeky).

Unfortunate for Leinster - imagine it will be McFadden coming onto wing and Kearney on the bench though I wouldn't have any problem seeing it the other way around.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

errlloyd wrote: »
    Fitzgerald out for the rest of the season, neck surgery.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/9911.php

Gutted for him, I was hoping he'd be injury free now, so sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Fitzgerald out for rest of season!!!

Definitely another blow for his position in contract negotiations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I'd say McFadden goes into the team for him, might also give a chance to Fionn Carr in the Rabo and a possible bench place in the Heineken Cup Final.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Must be incredibly frustrating for him. He must have been hoping to be on the plane for NZ. Hopefully he can hit the ground running with good form at the start of next season.

In terms of the final, my money is on McFadden on the wing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Desperately bad luck for him.

Wonder if he waited for his contract to be sorted to announce this (would be kind of cheeky).

Unfortunate for Leinster - imagine it will be McFadden coming onto wing and Kearney on the bench though I wouldn't have any problem seeing it the other way around.
    I wonder if this could damage his contract prospects. If he was fit he could have started in the 6 nations this year and would have been in a great position to start summer tour with Bowe injured. However now you have to question if he is worth the salary he is asking for. If he hasn't signed so far I can't see him signing with the IRFU now.

I wonder if this could damage his contract prospects. If he was fit he could have started in the 6 nations this year and would have been in a great position to start summer tour with Bowe injured. However now you have to question if he is worth the salary he is asking for. If he hasn't signed so far I can't see him signing with the IRFU now.

If his contract isn't sorted I can't see how this won't affect it. Possibly a lower contract with higher match fees or something to account for his poor injury record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

errlloyd wrote: »
    Fitzgerald out for the rest of the season, neck surgery.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/9911.php

I think i'm going to cry. Poor baxtard.

Not too worried for Leinster, Kearney or McFadden will not weaken the team that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Terrible news for Luke. Gutted for him, right at the business end of the season and when he's hitting form... :(

I'd slot Dave Kearney straight in. McFadden on the bench (although I'd start him at 12, D'Arcy on the bench).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Jesus wept, is there a more unfortunate player going? Hope it's a case of BOD's injury where if he gets it done now he'll be back for september and stronger than ever.... For all his bad luck he's due one stormer of a season, and if he's patient it'll come...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭fitz

Ah, crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

whats the deal with boss injury. is it serious? Cooney is out with a broken jaw so if boss was serious then mcgrath would be in his first squad for leinster in a heineken cup final.

roycon wrote: »
    whats the deal with boss injury. is it serious? Cooney is out with a broken jaw so if boss was serious then mcgrath would be in his first squad for leinster in a heineken cup final.
    considering it wasn't noticed till Tuesday I doubt it is serious probably precautionary more than anything else. Anyway its good experience for McGrath and a nothing match anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Was Boss not taken off because of the injury in Bordeaux?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

McFadden or Kearney on the wing for the final I'd wager.

Kearney will get the HC spot I reckon with McFadden's versatility keeping him on the bench

Was Boss not taken off because of the injury in Bordeaux?

[quote= http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/rugby_irish/104257/]This was the only reported injury by medical staff in the Leinster squad after they trained in University College Dublin (UCD) on Tuesday.[/quote]

Regarding the wing spot opened up by injury I wouldn't be surprised to see either Kearney or McFadden get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Awful news for Luke, really unlucky timing for him.

On the plus side, we're very lucky to have such strength in depth to cope with losing such a good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sounds like the same injury he picked up in the warm-up for the Connacht game at Christmas time.
    At the time it was said by people in the know on the Leinster forum that he would need surgery and be out for the season.

He must have hoped that the time he took off for the injury in Jan/Feb would fix it but obviously not now.
    Must be serious enough now if they aren't even waiting till after HC final.

McFadden taking his place & D. Kearney on the bench I would guess

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Fitz was playing pretty well even with the neck injury. I'd like to see him play when he's actually fit!! This is a big blow for Leinster. Mc Fadden is a decent wing but not in the same class as Fitz.

Hopefully the surgery goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Is this the same injury that kept Fitzgerald out at the start of the year? Really hope D.Kearney gets his spot, Mcfaddens barely featured on the wing this season

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Kearney will get the HC spot I reckon with McFadden's versatility keeping him on the bench
    They can start McFadden on the wing and move him inside if needed. I'd be surprised (though not disappointed) to see DK start.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Terrible timing for Fitzgerald, hopefully it's not serious enough to hinder contract negotiations.

Suddenly the Dragons come becomes huge for the likes of David Kearney and Fionn Carr.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

roycon wrote: »

McGrath isn't registered for the Heineken Cup:
    http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchcentre/leinster_rugby.php?section=2

I'm not sure if Leinster can deregister/register a player at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Madigan to scrum half..

I'm not sure if Leinster can deregister/register a player at this stage?

I don't think so.

which would obviously be ****.

saw on the sale sharks fan forum that there is a friendly between sale and Leinster on the weekend of the 25th of August and its going to be the first game in the new Salford City Stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Gutted for Luke, he really has been so unfortunate this season. Hope surgery goes well and he has a BOD like recovery.

Kearney would be my pref for the wing ... pls not Carr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

chancer12 wrote: »
    Gutted for Luke, he really has been so unfortunate this season. Hope surgery goes well and he has a BOD like recovery.

Kearney would be my pref for the wing ... pls not Carr

It will be McFadden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭ongarite

A guy on Leinster forum who said Luke was going to out for the season earlier in the year, says the injury is the same one that BOD had.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement