Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Really annoying for luke, I was thinking back to last years magners/rabo final and thought he might have done something there originally to his neck with a stinger type injury and has aggravated it over the last season.
    http://youtu.be/yxS6ZR4_Z90

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

GerM wrote: »
    Brive won all their games too. As a side note, they had a young Cedric Heymans on the bench which makes him, to the best of my knowledge, the only man to have 4 HEC medals.

He is indeed, four medals from six finals and he's played a combined total of 28 minutes in all four winng matches.
    Poux, Servat, Jauzion and Bouihou are all that have three medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

skregs wrote: »
    Poux, Servat, Jauzion and Bouihou are all that have three medals.

Who in the Leinster squad would join them with a win in Twickers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Isa, Bod, Darcy, Sexton, Reddan, Cullen, SOB, Jennings, Healy, Toner (presuming he makes the bench), Heaslip

Team in 2009.

I Nacewa; S Horgan, B O'Driscoll, G D'Arcy, L Fitzgerald; J Sexton, C Whitaker; C Healy, B Jackman, S Wright, L Cullen (captain), M O'Kelly, R Elsom, S Jennings, J Heaslip. Replacements: J Fogarty, R McCormack, D Toner, S O'Brien, S Keogh, R Kearney, G Dempsey.

Team in 2011

Leinster:
    FB 15 Isa Nacewa
    RW 14 Shane Horgan
    OC 13 Brian O'Driscoll
    IC 12 Gordon D'Arcy
    LW 11 Luke Fitzgerald
    FH 10 Jonathan Sexton
    SH 9 Eoin Reddan
    N8 8 Jamie Heaslip
    OF 7 Sean O'Brien
    BF 6 Kevin McLaughlin
    RL 5 Nathan Hines
    LL 4 Leo Cullen (c)
    TP 3 Mike Ross
    HK 2 Richardt Strauss
    LP 1 Cian Healy
    Substitutions:
    HK 16 Jason Harris-Wright
    PR 17 Heinke van der Merwe
    PR 18 Stan Wright
    LK 19 Devin Toner
    LK 20 Shane Jennings
    SH 21 Isaac Boss
    FH 22 Ian Madigan
    CE 23 Fergus McFadden
    Coach:
    Josef Schmidt

Note: Reddan is counting a win with Wasps.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

errlloyd wrote: »
    Isa, Bod, Darcy, Sexton, Reddan, Cullen, SOB, Jennings, Healy, Toner (presuming he makes the bench), Heaslip

Jaysus, they'll almost quadruple the list of three time winners with this one if they get it so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

tolosenc wrote: »
    Who in the Leinster squad would join them with a win in Twickers?

Reddan would have two with Leinster and one with Wasps.
    After that its:

Kearney, Nacewa, BOD, D'arcy, Sexton, Healy, Cullen, SOB, Heaslip, Toner and Jennings

I don't think I've missed any, but not 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

skregs wrote: »
    Reddan would have two with Leinster and one with Wasps.
    After that its:

Kearney, Nacewa, BOD, D'arcy, Sexton, Healy, Cullen, SOB, Heaslip, Toner and Jennings

I don't think I've missed any, but not 100%.

Reddan wasn't picked for the 2009 final, neither starting or on the bench.

Edit: Which would make sense, because he didn't join Leinster till that summer. ****ing hell, it feels like he's been here longer then that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

errlloyd wrote: »

Team in 2009.

I Nacewa; S Horgan, B O'Driscoll, G D'Arcy, L Fitzgerald; J Sexton, C Whitaker; C Healy, B Jackman, S Wright, L Cullen (captain), M O'Kelly, R Elsom, S Jennings, J Heaslip. Replacements: J Fogarty, R McCormack, D Toner, S O'Brien, S Keogh, R Kearney, G Dempsey.

It's mad that Leinster went into a European final with no reserve out-half and only a converted winger as reserve scrum-half on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Nacewa was the OH cover at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Jaysus, they'll almost quadruple the list of three time winners with this one if they get it so.

Aside from Poux, Servat, Jauzion and Bouilhou, Clerc and Poitrenaud have three medals too. Lamboley would have if he appeared in the three finals but was only involved in one.

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »
    Nacewa was the OH cover at the time.

Yeah, of course I know that but a) he'd had a shaky season at OH and b) I was just highlighting the shallowness of the squad in 2009.

Chieka in his own mind had 3 OHs to pick from. Leinster hardly have that now. It's about as many as any team would have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Much stronger squad now, interesting that Toner was on the bench that year, feels like this is his first real season making inroads into the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Chieka in his own mind had 3 OHs to pick from. Leinster hardly have that now. It's about as many as any team would have.

Leinster have Sexton, Nacewa, Madigan, Berquist and Reid as 10s on the books this season.

We have far, far more depth now than we did in 2009. That is his point.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Speaking of Berqy, I take it we won't see him again?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

McGrath isn't registered for the Heineken Cup:
    http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchcentre/leinster_rugby.php?section=2

I'm not sure if Leinster can deregister/register a player at this stage?

I think if injury comes into it they can.

Leinster have Sexton, Nacewa, Madigan, Berquist and Reid as 10s on the books this season.

I'm sure I could dig out whoever the academy 10s were that season too and list them.

I'm sure I could dig out whoever the academy 10s were that season too and list them.

Keatley maybe?

Sure do, it will only reinforce my point that we have more depth now than in 2009. Not sure what you're disagreeing with tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dtpc191991

Tough on Fitzgerald. Really hope he recovers soon. I hope missing two seasons on the trot doesn't hurt is chances of getting back into the Ireland starting 15. =(

Keatley maybe?

Sure do, it will only reinforce my point that we have more depth now than in 2009. Not sure what you're disagreeing with tbh.

Tonights a perfect example. When we sent our young lads out against the Dragons in 09 the we're whipped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Good news everyone, the semi final is on TG4 next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Surley wrote: »
    Good news everyone, the semi final is on TG4 next week.

BBC Alba for me so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Tonights a perfect example. When we sent our young lads out against the Dragons in 09 the we're whipped.

Different use of the squad nowadays though, back then you might've seen the young guns out for a game or two in a season, now they're a constant presence in squads, all the players tonight bar McGrath have seen a fair bit of gametime this season. Schmidts been a breath of fresh air compared to Cheika in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matchcentre/9914.php

Match Report. From reading it, it looks like the young back-line were dangerous. Very very pleased to see Conway back, just unfortunate that it's too late in the season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

In the Sunday Times today in an article about David Wallace it mentioned that he "toyed" with idea of moving to Leinster around 1999/2000/2001. Keith Gleeson, David Wallace, and Victor Costello......what a back row!

Also in yesterdays Independent it mentioned that La Rochelle had been in contact with Trevor Brennan about him playing for them once his ban is up. He said he turned it down due to it being too far away from his home at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

Sexton comfortably wins the Pro12 best kicker competition.

ray jay wrote: »

Can't kick

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Can't kick
    Wasn't the argument that he couldn't kick when the pressure was on at international level?

This was disproved too when he had the best kicking stats out of any of the 10's in the 6 Nations.

I'd still like to see him play a bit better for Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭clsmooth

ray jay wrote: »

I wonder what McFaddens stats are?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

clsmooth wrote: »
    I wonder what McFaddens stats are?

He was top for long time...only that one bad match where he couldnt knock snow off a rope killed him......missed 4-5 kicks in a row

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement