Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Nigel Owens to ref Heineken Cup final.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/news/18198.php

Offside wrote: »

beaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Good enough, suppose it was always going to be Owens, Poite or Barnes, wouldn't have an issue with any of the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Agh.. To be honest, I'm never really bothered by ref selections, teams play the ref and Leinster do it pretty well... but just because I figure the scrums will play a big factor this may deminish the whole pace of the final. I'd much rather Poite even tho I think he's not a great ref....

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭PJ Maybe

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I was actually at that game and commented on how good the attendance was given the opposition and being a mid-week fixture...The reason I remember is because I was thinking mid-week games could actually be a good pull factor!

I think a factor in the attendance being higher than you would think at that match was that there was an offer on to get extra tickets for between €5 & €10. I ended up bringing a few people who ordinarily wouldn't have gone to a game and I'd imagine others did too.

I wouldn't mind the mid-week games on occasion but the 7.05 kick off is cutting it a bit tight, would need to be a little later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Has anyone who entered the season ticket holder draw gotten their tickets yet? Just want to see how close/far away we'll be from them as I was in the middle of the Northampton fans last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Has anyone who entered the season ticket holder draw gotten their tickets yet? Just want to see how close/far away we'll be from them as I was in the middle of the Northampton fans last year.

Well there is no sign yet. I asked to collect them from the Leinster offices, but have not heard when they can be collected. Mind you, my card has not yet been debited, and the seat numbers are not on my 'upcoming events' on my Leinster ticketmaster account - just Lot 2D, 2 seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

vienne86 wrote: »
    Well there is no sign yet. I asked to collect them from the Leinster offices, but have not heard when they can be collected. Mind you, my card has not yet been debited, and the seat numbers are not on my 'upcoming events' on my Leinster ticketmaster account - just Lot 2D, 2 seats.

Same here, does anyone have any idea when we can go and collect them, or when they're gonna take the money for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'd say it's possible they don't even have them yet.

I got tickets through the lottery last year too and I have been checking back emails from then. In 2011, we got an email from Leinster on the Monday week before the final telling us we could collect the tickets from the Saturday before the match. So things seem to be running slower this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Called ticketmaster, they said LB would be handling posting the tickets, but that they should be out to us the Monday/Tuesday before the match.

For anyone who is interested, they can check what seats they got here: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/tickets/ (redirected after logon).

Lot 2, D. Assume that's the L2 section below:

Stadium_Plan_2010.ashx?h=466&w=466&as=1x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

So tickets next week!!! That is leaving it a bit late I think, for anybody who selected post who know how long they will take, anywhere from a day or two to 4 days to get out, which would push it right to the friday and with some of us traveling on the Friday that does not leave much room if things do not go to plan.

People really should have the tickets with them a full week before the game so there is time to check you ticket and to offer any spares to others who might (will) be looking for them.

Thanos wrote: »
    So tickets next week!!! That is leaving it a bit late I think, for anybody who selected post who know how long they will take, anywhere from a day or two to 4 days to get out, which would push it right to the friday and with some of us traveling on the Friday that does not leave much room if things do not go to plan.

People really should have the tickets with them a full week before the game so there is time to check you ticket and to offer any spares to others who might (will) be looking for them.

Agh, that is annoying, as I wasn't successful in the lottery, but wanted to try and buy tickets near to where the allocation is.. but if we don't know where the allocation is til next week that's defo leaving it too late for me to grab tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

.ak wrote: »
    Agh, that is annoying, as I wasn't successful in the lottery, but wanted to try and buy tickets near to where the allocation is.. but if we don't know where the allocation is til next week that's defo leaving it too late for me to grab tickets...

I wonder how many actual Leinster and Ulster fans will actually be there? I know both provinces have got 7,500 each and those are both over subscribed but it will be interesting to see how many got their tickets through ticketmaster.

What percentage of the attendance last year were Leinster and Northampton fans? 50%? More?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

bilston wrote: »
    I wonder how many actual Leinster and Ulster fans will actually be there? I know both provinces have got 7,500 each and those are both over subscribed but it will be interesting to see how many got their tickets through ticketmaster.

What percentage of the attendance last year were Leinster and Northampton fans? 50%? More?

Definitely more. Leinster seemed to get most of their fans at the north end of the stadium last year but they were scattered all around from what I could see. Wouldn't it be ironic if they allocated Leinster the northern end of Twickenham and Ulster the southern end...:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Slightly more I would have thought. I'd say that there were about 30k Leinster fans at the game and about 15-20k Saints fans. Fair few neutrals and loads of other jerseys there which is one of my favourite things about the day. Always try and spot the most obscure jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

GerM wrote: »
    Slightly more I would have thought. I'd say that there were about 30k Leinster fans at the game and about 15-20k Saints fans. Fair few neutrals and loads of other jerseys there which is one of my favourite things about the day. Always try and spot the most obscure jersey.

It's nice that supporters of all teams travel to the final, I was at the '06 final in Cardiff when Munster won for the first time sporting my Ulster top and it was a great day. However hopefully the majority will be actually supporting the two provinces as it makes for a better atmosphere. I suspect the Leinster fans will outnumber the Ulster fans a bit, maybe 30k to 20k based on what you're saying.

I really can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

GerM wrote: »

It's nice that supporters of all teams travel to the final, I was at the '06 final in Cardiff when Munster won for the first time sporting my Ulster top and it was a great day. However hopefully the majority will be actually supporting the two provinces as it makes for a better atmosphere. I suspect the Leinster fans will outnumber the Ulster fans a bit, maybe 30k to 20k based on what you're saying.

I really can't wait!
    The atmosphere will be great I'd say. Both are vocal sets of fans.

There will be a good few Ulster men around london I'd say.

Just a warning for everyone who was in the lottery

I got an email from ticketmaster today saying that they hadn't been able to process my card and would re issue my tickets to someone else unless I paid up by today at 5.

So check your email if you don't want a big dissapointment.

Thought that it could be a scam, but they did seem to have access to my card details already and my leinster account details. So on balance I thought it best just to pay up and hope for the best.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I ended up amongst a load of Leinster fans last year in whatever stand it was Johnny scored his tries into and I had my tickets booked months in advance. A lot of tickets will be changing hands to Leinster and Ulster fans anyway.

• Advertisement

I won two tickets in the lottery, but my card still has not been debited. Not a sound from anywhere, in fact. Anyone else in this situation?

Whilst I wouldn't wish anyone to lose out on their tickets, there might be still hope for those of us unlucky in the lottery if some people don't/can't pay this evening?

I just spoke with someone else who got one ticket in the lottery - still not a sound and no charge from the credit card. I've checked my account to verify that my card details are OK, and they are. Strange that it is taking so long.

I
    vienne86 wrote: »
    I just spoke with someone else who got one ticket in the lottery - still not a sound and no charge from the credit card. I've checked my account to verify that my card details are OK, and they are. Strange that it is taking so long.

Did you check for an email asking you to reconfirm details?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

the money was taken out of my account last friday, so it may be an idea to get in contact with ticketmaster if the money hasn't been taken from your account yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Joe supposedly did an interview last week on Total Rugby. Anyone have any idea where I could watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Leinster to play a friendly at Tallaght stadium August 11th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Badabing wrote: »
    Leinster to play a friendly at Tallaght stadium August 11th :)

First the kids in Stephens' Green, now this. You'd swear the club is trying to reach out to it's fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

errlloyd wrote: »
    First the kids in Stephens' Green, now this. You'd swear the club is trying to reach out to it's fanbase.

Great move by Leinster in fairness, tickets well priced too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Badabing wrote: »
    Leinster to play a friendly at Tallaght stadium August 5th :)

August 11th but great news for many supporters out that direction.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/9935.php

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement