Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

the money was taken out of my account last friday, so it may be an idea to get in contact with ticketmaster if the money hasn't been taken from your account yet

I just took your advice and rang them. I was told that the charge was made yesterday, so it is just making its way through the banking system.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Jesus Christ. This is just going to exacerbate the bandwagon. Poor old washman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

chris85 wrote: »
    August 11th but great news for many supporters out that direction.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/9935.php

Sorry typo :o Being from Tallaght i cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

chris85 wrote: »
    August 11th but great news for many supporters out that direction.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/9935.php

I went to the match between the Wolfhounds and the Jaguars there a few years ago. Really enjoyed it. I thought it was a great venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Jesus Christ. This is just going to exacerbate the bandwagon. Poor old washman.

Poor washman, wont be happy over this at all. A thread should be given just to him and the other select elite who frequented to Brook back in the day. Can call it "Non-bandwagen Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread **"

Yes two stars are there on purpose :D:D
    Badabing wrote: »
    Sorry typo :o Being from Tallaght i cant wait.

Will be good for many supporters out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Good to see leinster moving to play games elsewhere. Hopefully they now look to moving an A game in the British and Irish cup game to a club ground in somewhere like carlow, tullamore, etc similar to what munster have done with holding A games in places like clonmel, nenagh, waterford, tralee.
    Spread the game throughout the province

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

ormond lad wrote: »
    Good to see leinster moving to play games elsewhere. Hopefully they now look to moving an A game in the British and Irish cup game to a club ground in somewhere like carlow, tullamore, etc similar to what munster have done with holding A games in places like clonmel, nenagh, waterford, tralee.

I'd be more excited by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

ormond lad wrote: »
    I doubt we will see this. B&I cups are covered by the season ticket and ST holders are promised it will be in Donnybrook or the RDS.

I like the idea of this friendly in Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

Ok so B&I matches as well as regular matches are pretty much tied to the 3 D4 stadiums.

But is there any reason, seeing the size of the squad and acadamy, and seeing as lots of these players can go weeks in between matches, why Leinster don't already have a series of friendlies over the course of the season.

The first team players obviously will not have to play in them, but they could be usefull for guys around the fringes, and could be held in stadia all around the province

Ok so B&I matches as well as regular matches are pretty much tied to the 3 D4 stadiums.

But is there any reason, seeing the size of the squad and acadamy, and seeing as lots of these players can go weeks in between matches, why Leinster don't already have a series of friendlies over the course of the season.

The first team players obviously will not have to play in them, but they could be usefull for guys around the fringes, and could be held in stadia all around the province
    I'd like to see that. More A games against the other provinces might be the place to start but the AIL would be really upset since players wouldn't be available as much. Don't get me wrong I would like to see it but I have doubts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

I doubt we will see this. B&I cups are covered by the season ticket and ST holders are promised it will be in Donnybrook or the RDS.

I like the idea of this friendly in Tallaght.
    I knew that it more than likely will never really happen, its just a shame that games cant be played out of dublin. Playing A games in tullamore etc would be much better pr, chance to showcase rugby in less popular areas than playing games in donnybrook, rds.

Its just silly keeping the games in donnybrook/rds IMO when the game should be brought to as many people in the province as possible. If not British and Irish Cup games then other A games like friendlys against Munster A/Ulster Ravens etc
    The provincial A teams usually play each other at least once during the season so it would be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Tallaght is a step in the right direction hopefully it will be a success and lead to more adventurous venues. Playing games outside of Dublin might ruffle a few GAA feathers though.:)

Zico wrote: »
    Tallaght is a step in the right direction hopefully it will be a success and lead to more adventurous venues. Playing games outside of Dublin might ruffle a few GAA feathers though.:)

Just wearing blue has ruffled GAA feathers. So it's unavoidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I think we'll see more friendly games next season. In many ways it's an advantage to get certain players match fit, and they could be played anywhere in the province. Remember Thorn's first game? No reason why we couldn't replace a few of them next season with sub-academy players and other players looking to get a bit match fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

source? I know they guarantee access to all the A games, but I don't think they ever mentioned where they will take place

source? I know they guarantee access to all the A games, but I don't think they ever mentioned where they will take place
    I could be wrong, I don't have a season ticket but someone told me it was guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

.ak wrote: »
    I think we'll see more friendly games next season. In many ways it's an advantage to get certain players match fit, and they could be played anywhere in the province. Remember Thorn's first game? No reason why we couldn't replace a few of them next season with sub-academy players and other players looking to get a bit match fit.

In fairness thorn's first game didn't exactly take place a million miles from donneybrook. What we're aiming at here is a few games in areas where we wouldn't traditionally have played them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I could be wrong, I don't have a season ticket but someone told me it was guaranteed.

Ye I don't think they guarantee that they will take place there, however in truth from a financial point of view I can't see them being played anywhere else. Given that most of your expected crowd will be getting in free there wouldn't be enough paying spectators to help pay for ground rental to make it a worth while exercise

In fairness thorn's first game didn't exactly take place a million miles from donneybrook. What we're aiming at here is a few games in areas where we wouldn't traditionally have played them

Yeah I agree, what I was trying to get at is the idea of mid-season friendlies is obviously do-able. It would be good to use them as a way to bring the brand out to other counties/areas/stadiums.

Getting a tad worried about tickets for the final now. I don't see them being offered as frequently as previous finals, and the list on LF is huge (I'm 40th or something..)

Also, does anyone know what the upper stands are like in Twickers? I'm bringing the old dear, and she hasn't the best eye sight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭captivo

I'm getting a bit worried about the ticket situation too. There doesn't seem to be many tickets floating around. I'm hoping that tickets will start to come available once popele have received them from the lottery and sort out which tickets to keep and which to sell. Fingers crossed

• Subscribers Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

captivo wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit worried about the ticket situation too. There doesn't seem to be many tickets floating around. I'm hoping that tickets will start to come available once popele have received them from the lottery and sort out which tickets to keep and which to sell. Fingers crossed

Ye will be grand, like a lot of people with spares I'm in the above boat, looks like we have 2 spares but can't sell them yet as don't know where they are and don't have them in hand.

copacetic wrote: »
    Ye will be grand, like a lot of people with spares I'm in the above boat, looks like we have 2 spares but can't sell them yet as don't know where they are and don't have them in hand.

True. Which is why I was hoping the lottery peeps were getting their tickets this week, as next week leaves it a tad close!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

.ak wrote: »
    True. Which is why I was hoping the lottery peeps were getting their tickets this week, as next week leaves it a tad close!

Tweet today from Leinster with a pic of the piles of tickets they are sorting through in the office, said email re collection or posting will be sent later today.

leinsterrugby (@leinsterrugby)
    10/05/2012 09:42
    Still working through a mountain of tickets for #HeinekenCupFinal Email re collection/ post due later today #bepatient pic.twitter.com/HyKSZlLz

copacetic wrote: »
    Tweet today from Leinster with a pic of the piles of tickets they are sorting through in the office, said email re collection or posting will be sent later today.

Nice one.

AshXMdUCAAAvzOT.jpg

Anyone got any ubercool spy imagine enhancement equipment to see where the ticket allocation is on the viewable tickets? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

So assuming they start posting this evening or tomorrow morning (unless they are waiting until are ready to send in one go) first people should get them Monday morning............

Wow that is cutting it fine, some will take longer to arrive and what if you are unlucky to not get them in the post, gives you little or no time sort it out, especially if you are flying out on Friday morning :(

I will be worried until I have my ticket in my hand.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm promised two tickets which I'm picking up before the Glasgow game this weekend, but until they are actually in my hand, I can't rest easy!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Leinster could have pulled a nice one by saying tickets can be picked up, but only at the Glasgow game. Might encourage more to attend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement