Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

If you're collecting from their offices, use the old Philips entrance on the Clonskeagh road, the HQ is the first building you come to, but there's no parking in front, drive around to the left and there's a carpark there you can use and walk back to the HQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

and for us post people..............

Dear Richie Richard

ACCOUNT ID: 4444444

Following your success in the lottery for the Heineken Cup Final tickets your tickets are now paid in full and will be dispatched to you by standard post today. Tickets should be with you early next week. If for any reason your tickets have not arrived by Thursday, 17th May please email tickets@leinsterrugby.ie with your Season Ticket account number and we can arrange to have duplicate tickets issued if necessary.

Please note, as you have selected the post option and tickets have already been packaged up for posting it will not be possible to collect.

Kind regards,

Leinster Rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

LEINSTER team V Glasgow:
    15: Isa Nacewa
    14: Fergus McFadden
    13: Eoin O'Malley
    12: Gordon D'Arcy
    11: David Kearney
    10: Jonathan Sexton
    9: Eoin Reddan
    1: Cian Healy
    2: Richardt Strauss
    3: Mike Ross
    4: Brad Thorn
    5: Devin Toner
    6: Sean O'Brien
    7: Shane Jennings
    8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN
    REPLACEMENTS:
    16: Sean Cronin
    17: Heinke van der Merwe
    18: Nathan White
    19: Leo Cullen
    20: Kevin McLaughlin
    21: Isaac Boss
    22: Ian Madigan
    23: Andrew Conway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

So R Kearney and BOD rested again? And Carr still not in the squad?

I get the impression that Joe feels this will be confortable.

McFadden and Kearney battling for the HEC wing spot!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭fitz

Quint2010 wrote: »
    LEINSTER team V Glasgow:
    15: Isa Nacewa
    14: Fergus McFadden
    13: Eoin O'Malley
    12: Gordon D'Arcy
    11: David Kearney
    10: Jonathan Sexton
    9: Eoin Reddan
    1: Cian Healy
    2: Richardt Strauss
    3: Mike Ross
    4: Brad Thorn
    5: Devin Toner
    6: Sean O'Brien
    7: Shane Jennings
    8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN
    REPLACEMENTS:
    16: Sean Cronin
    17: Heinke van der Merwe
    18: Nathan White
    19: Leo Cullen
    20: Kevin McLaughlin
    21: Isaac Boss
    22: Ian Madigan
    23: Andrew Conway

Strong side. Any doubting the appetite for the double this year should be put to bed by that selection...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

durkadurka wrote: »
    So R Kearney and BOD rested again? And Carr still not in the squad?

I get the impression that Joe feels this will be confortable.

RK and BOD injured with minor knocks apparently. Dunno about Carr.

It looks like a straight shootout between McFaden and DK to replace Fitz in the HEC final. Great to see Toner and O'Malley start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Boss and McLaughlin likely to start the HEC final now?

Could be, but I can't see Reddan not starting personally. I'd imagine this is a run out for the half backs just before next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I think McLaughlin is a certainty, but I too think Reddan will start. I would think an expansive game over a forward orientated one would work better v Ulster. It's a simplistic way of looking at it, but that is broadly what both offer and I think Reddan suits better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

As a side note, Cullen will become only the second man to captain a side to three finals next week alongside Pelous, leaving Galwey, Johnson and Dallaglio behind. If Leinster win, he'll become the most decorated captain, becoming the only man to captain a side to victory three times. Not bad considering he was without any winner's medal at 31 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Did he not captain Leicester to the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

No he was only a sub in 2007. Corry was capatin

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He captained them to winning the premiership that year I think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

The tickets we got via the draw are for L11 apparently, in the North West corner

• Subscribers Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

The tickets we got via the draw are for L11 apparently, in the North West corner

80 or 98 euro tickets? They appear to be pretty bad seats? Disgusted if all the season ticket holders get 'rewarded' with terrible seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Jesus that's crazy, considering the price... I often to think the team allocation is done based on where the cameras will pick up most of the fans so it looks good for TV... but that's right in the corner, can't see that looking great on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

while they may be in the lower tier, they are probably the worst seats in the lower tier.
    Anybody know if there are viewing issues with the corner seats?

copacetic wrote: »

80 or 98 euro tickets? They appear to be pretty bad seats? Disgusted if all the season ticket holders get 'rewarded' with terrible seats.
    The only seats left.

I bought seats earlier and I've been rewarded with a better seat. Id be pretty disgusted if people who bought the seats a couple of weeks before ad better seats than people who bought them months and months in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/news/14054.php

If we get to the Pro12 Final, we will get an extra day of rest from the HEC Final, as the match would be on Sunday to avoid clashing with an Ireland soccer match:
    "Due to the Republic of Ireland international football match against Bosnia at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday, 26 May, PRO12 decided, after discussions with both Leinster and our TV partners, to avoid any potential clash and switch a Dublin Final to Sunday, 27 May.

"It was also felt by all parties that due to the tight turn-around between the semi-finals and Final, it would be better to confirm the RDS as Leinster's home venue, rather than consider a possible switch to the Aviva Stadium, to help with the ticketing, policing, travel and administration of the Final."

Below are he confirmed dates and kick-off times of all possible combinations for the RaboDirect PRO12 Final, the broadcasters will be announced once the two finalists are known:

SATURDAY, 26 MAY
    Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors- Liberty Stadium (20,000 capacity)
    Kick-Off: 6.00pm

Munster v Glasgow Warriors- Thomond Park (26,000 capacity)
    Kick-Off: 6.00pm

SUNDAY, 27 MAY
    Leinster v Ospreys / Munster- RDS (18,200 capacity)
    Kick-Off: 4.00pm"

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The only seats left.

I bought seats earlier and I've been rewarded with a better seat. Id be pretty disgusted if people who bought the seats a couple of weeks before ad better seats than people who bought them months and months in advance!

True. Do you think a lot of people did what you did? That'd mean us without tickets would have a fairly decent chance of getting some as people get rid of their 'lesser' tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

The only seats left.

Rubbish, they mark the sections they will keep for the teams before any other tickets go on sale, they don't look around for what's left once the team qualify. They wouldn't even have enough tickets then.

Last year in Cardiff the seats STHs got a couple of weeks in advance were much better than most of the ones on available on public sale as well as being in a large section of support. I know a number of people who waited and went via lottery on that expectation.

copacetic wrote: »
    The only seats left.

Rubbish, they mark the sections they will keep for the teams before any other tickets go on sale, they don't look around for what's left once the team qualify. They wouldn't even have enough tickets then.

Last year in Cardiff the seats STHs got a couple of weeks in advance were much better than most of the ones on available on public sale as well as being in a large section of support. I know a number of people who waited and went via lottery on that expectation.
    I've been to 4 Heineken cup finals. Bought seats early 3 times and got 3 good seats. Got seats late in 2009 and ended up behind the goal.

They sell the seats throughout the season. You could easilly have bought one earlier if you wanted to. That's what all the people who are in better seats than you did, including the corporate allocations etc. As the club allocations are the final tickets issued its no surprise to me that they're in the least desirable area.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Careful Now

Reckon Boss will start HK final. Try to combat ferris and would have good idea of how to combat ulster at ruck time from his time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭davidpfitz

Thanos wrote: »
    while they may be in the lower tier, they are probably the worst seats in the lower tier.
    Anybody know if there are viewing issues with the corner seats?

I have sat in the corners at Twickenham a few times. Middle and Upper tiers, but not the lower. The middle and upper are fine - not stellar, but you can see everything. I'd imagine the lower tier is a bit more restricted as you won't get to see the opposite end/corner so well.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Yup, row 37. In fairness you did request lower stand tickets so maybe other ST holders got better seats. Last year we were in the godson a corner too, behind Bernard Jackman of all people!
    *edit* just looked at the map and price! sweet Jesus! How are they €93 tickets? We're right over the tunnel as far as I can tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

got tickets for M8 in the lottery. seem to be very good seats...

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Ospreys seriously destroying Munster, serious pace in the back three. It will be some final!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

chancer12 wrote: »
    Ospreys seriously destroying Munster, serious pace in the back three. It will be some final!

Should they get to the final, Leinster would kill them. Munster have been unspeakably bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Munster awful beaten all over the park. Never seen a Munster team surrender like that before.
    I hope the Penney has dropped for their new coach he has a massive job ahead of him. I've always believed that Leinster need Munster to be strong and vice versa to drive each other on. Hope the Munster fans give the new coach a chance because otherwisw Foley comes in and based on what I've seen of him for the Munster and Ireland forwards so far he is not ready.
    If Leinster beat Glasgow it will be a tough game but tonight only about 3 players performed for Munster (Pom Earls and Keatley) so ospreys were flat track bullies and made look good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

shaungil wrote: »
    Munster awful beaten all over the park. Never seen a Munster team surrender like that before.
    I hope the Penney has dropped for their new coach he has a massive job ahead of him. I've always believed that Leinster need Munster to be strong and vice versa to drive each other on. Hope the Munster fans give the new coach a chance because otherwisw Foley comes in and based on what I've seen of him for the Munster and Ireland forwards so far he is not ready.
    If Leinster beat Glasgow it will be a tough game but tonight only about 3 players performed for Munster (Pom Earls and Keatley) so ospreys were flat track bullies and made look good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement