Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

vkid wrote: »
    Think it was Murray O'Laoire and they are a casualty of the recession

That just means you can now appoint a differently named company, with the same staff and pay them 30% of what they used to charge ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

ambid wrote: »

I wonder if Rabo Bank are interested?

The RBS.....I could live with a one letter change for a new stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Haha I can't see a Bank Of Ireland sponsored team selling their naming rights to Rabo... Nor can I see Rabo naming a stadium RBS!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Haha I can't see a Bank Of Ireland sponsored team selling their naming rights to Rabo

It's the RDS that is selling the naming rights not Leinster Rugby so although they may have a big enough say in who is picked it isn't their decision

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Haha I can't see a Bank Of Ireland sponsored team selling their naming rights to Rabo

It's the RDS that is selling the naming rights not Leinster Rugby so although they may have a big enough say in who is picked it isn't their decision
    Interesting. I'm sure it would breach Leinster Rugbys contract with BOI though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

In reality the RDS is selling naming rights but I am certain that Leinster's agreement will be needed.

For one thing there is a get out free break clause in about five years in Leinster's lease of the RDS. If the RDS are going to expand their stadium they and any naming rights partners are going to insist that Leinster commit irrevocably to the RDS for at least the length of the naming rights deal. If Leinster are going to make that commitment then they are going to insist on the deal not being with someone that would breach their commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Watching the Leinster game again and the SC4 English commentator mentioned something about a new rule that will come into effect next season that the SH will have to use the ball or 'lose' it if the ball is usable... Anybody know anything about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

.ak wrote: »
    Watching the Leinster game again and the SC4 English commentator mentioned something about a new rule that will come into effect next season that the SH will have to use the ball or 'lose' it if the ball is usable... Anybody know anything about this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78698387#post78698387

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Any updates on Fitzgerald's contract situation?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

padraig.od wrote: »
    Any updates on Fitzgerald's contract situation?

No I don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Alex Cuthbert has decided to stay at Cardiff, so Racing Metro and Toulon could be on the lookout for another winger....

...just sayin'.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Alex Cuthbert has decided to stay at Cardiff, so Racing Metro and Toulon could be on the lookout for another winger....

...just sayin'.

Would they go for a guy that is currently injured? Well considering their record they probably would!

He'd certainly be a better player to have than Cuthbert I think.

Dunno if this is old news, but JHW is to return to Ireland next season as he's signed up with Connacht...

Source

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Great move for the lad. Hopefully he can get his head screwed on because to me he looked infinitely better than Mike Sherry.

Anyone know where I can buy a Leinster tshirt in Dublin city centre?

Online Leinster shop is terrible and don't want to wear the jersey because it will be 18degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Principal Skinner

Higher wrote: »

Online Leinster shop is terrible and don't want to wear the jersey because it will be 18degrees

That sums up Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭davidpfitz

Elverys, surely?

Leinster Jet....

AtGJaxyCQAAZm4L.jpg

Full Sized Pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Any word on BOD? I thought there was supposed to be something today on his fitness?

Any word on BOD? I thought there was supposed to be something today on his fitness?

Think the rumors are he's fine... but I doubt they'd release anything to the press so the Ulster camp might sweat a bit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

AFAIK there is going to be an injury update this evening. But I don't expect much to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭The Rooster

.ak wrote: »
    Think the rumors are he's fine... but I doubt they'd release anything to the press so the Ulster camp might sweat a bit...

There was plenty of Leinster quotes (including from Drico himself) on Monday and Tuesday saying that he'd be fine. Start training on Thursday and play on Saturday.

To my paranoid nature I thought they were far too positive given it was only days since he had the keyhole surgery. My first thought was why don't they play up the injury to give Ulster an impression that he'd be missing? But I then I switched it around and thought that perhaps he's already ruled out but they want to keep the pressure/spotlight off Fergus and Dave for as long as possible??

But hopefully I'm reading something into nothing, and BOD's legendary healing powers come good again...

But hopefully I'm reading something into nothing, and Wolverine's legendary healing powers come good again...

FYP :cool:

O'Driscoll is very likely to miss this one according to latest reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

O'Driscoll is very likely to miss this one according to latest reports.

Source?

ze grapevine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

ze grapevine

That might be enough for Marvin Gaye but we need more here!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Any confirmation on BOD yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

DD9090 wrote: »
    Any confirmation on BOD yet?

No official word one way or the other yet.

• Advertisement

Anyone fancy Toner to start?

The line out without him in it has been poor and it will be an area were Ulster will be having a right go at.

I'd start him anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement