Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Well what a team and what a day!

I'd like to get a jersey signed by as many as possible of that team.

Given Brad Thorn is likely to head off soon, where do you think is the best place to get this signed?

I was thinking that maybe dropping a jersey into Leinster and ask them to get it signed might work, but I'm not sure, I'd rather not hassle the staff there as I'd guess they get many similar requests.

Any thoughts you have would be appreciated and any personal experiences you have would also be something I'd be interested to hear about.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

There will probably be some sort of welcome home with the cup in the RDS in the next week, show up and you'll probably be able to get a few signatures

I doubt the staff will do anything for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Can someone just confirm for me whether Nacewa will be unavailable next week due to the Barbarians game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Hagz wrote: »
    Can someone just confirm for me whether Nacewa will be unavailable next week due to the Barbarians game?

I'm pretty sure he will be available for the final, i mean he has to be. I think he's just in the babas squad and will play a game for them after the rabo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

He will be available for the rabo final; the Barbarians squad that was announced is to cover all three matches, not just for the Ireland game.

100% he will be available, end of discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

What's the deal with bods substitution. Who did he come back on for and why.
    Wa it blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

durkadurka wrote: »
    Wa it blood?

Cording to the las I he stadium in was blood

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Your typing!
    :pac:

I didn't see any blood

Celebrating much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Wa it blood?
    When he came off it was a blood substitution. He came back on reversing the bloodsub and then a minute later Dave Kearney came back on for Rob Kearney

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Wa it blood?
    When he came off it was a blood substitution. He came back on reversing the bloodsub and then a minute later Dave Kearney came back on for Rob Kearney

Rob came straight off for Drico. He was injured himself so needed to get off the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

drunk-dude-in-urinal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    drunk-dude-in-urinal.jpg

jober as a sudge lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Translation: According to some acquaintances of mine who were in attendance at today's final, it was indeed a temporary, blood related substitution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Sums up the win perfectly. Post of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ah yes, this is what happens when the owner of an iPad's team wins the Heineken cup.

I believe I meant to say, according to the lad in the stadium it was blood. And by lad in the stadium I meant announcer

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

In some pics today you can see one of BOD's knees bleeding, not sure if that was the cause. Hopefully Rob is ok, he looked in a bad way before he went off, he was passed the ball and couldn't really do anything with it. He was signalling for a good while that he wasn't good, although he was stretching out a good bit, so hopefully it was just a really really bad cramp.

Have to say I'm impressed with the squad's noises about the Rabo final next week . Jonny already talking about it on the field yesterday.

I was disappointed with the attitude last year.
    The extra day should help this year too .

Worried about ospreys - they did us in the scrum at the end there in march.

Have to say I'm impressed with the squad's noises about the Rabo final next week . Jonny already talking about it on the field yesterday.

I was disappointed with the attitude last year.
    The extra day should help this year too .

Worried about ospreys - they did us in the scrum at the end there in march.

46 players used in the Rabo this year. Kearney's right when he says it's the bread and butter. I'll be fairly disappointed if we don't win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Hopefully some of the younger lads who got us to the final will get to play a part, injuries will also dictate who exactly those players are.

Obviously that also serves to freshen up to team, and there wouldn't be an issue of players feeling 'flat'.

I think that was a lesson we have learned from last year, and you would think we would be good enough even without all the first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Was it not 49? I know it was 49 over the course of the season, were three in different games?

Well lads it feels good to post here today. Three times in four, maybe one day comparable to the Bayern Munich of today? Maybe we'll go on to better!

As for next week? I know they're pros, but I just couldn't ask them to hit the video room tomorrow and start going through the tapes of Ospreys plays. I know its just 6 more days, and I really want to win the league, and not get denied in a third successive final! But I'll take H/Cup glory any day of the week.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Was it not 49? I know it was 49 over the course of the season, were three in different games?

Think you're right. I forgot Cillian Willis and Steven Sykes. Don't know who the last person I forgot is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Think you're right. I forgot Cillian Willis and Steven Sykes. Don't know who the last person I forgot is though.

McGrath was the last person capped?

errlloyd wrote: »
    McGrath was the last person capped?

No. I think it's either Harris-Wright or Boyle, but can't find evidence of either playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

49 players used.

Leo Auva'a
    Matt Berquist
    Isaac Boss
    Damien Browne
    Fionn Carr
    Andrew Conway
    John Cooney
    Sean Cronin
    Leo Cullen
    Gordon D'Arcy
    Aaron Dundon
    Luke Fitzgerald
    Mark Flanagan
    Jamie Hagan
    Cian Healy
    Jamie Heaslip
    Darren Hudson
    Shane Jennings
    Dave Kearney
    Rob Kearney
    Brendan Macken
    Ian Madigan
    Fergus McFadden
    Jack McGrath
    Luke McGrath
    Kevin McLaughlin
    Martin Moore
    Jordi Murphy
    Isa Nacewa
    Sean O'Brien
    Jack O'Connell
    Brian O'Driscoll
    Eoin O'Malley
    Colm O'Shea
    Eoin Reddan
    Noel Reid
    Mike Ross
    Ciaran Ruddock
    Rhys Ruddock
    Dominic Ryan
    Jonathan Sexton
    Tom Sexton
    Richardt Strauss
    Steven Sykes
    Brad Thorn
    Devin Toner
    Heinke van der Merwe
    Nathan White
    Cillian Willis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,667 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

was it just me - but did anyone get the fealing it was jennings last game for leinster - maybe it was just enthusiasm but he looked like a co-captain at end holding the cup with leo - great servant of leinster rugby , either way, and well under used by Ireland IMO

thebaz wrote: »
    was it just me - but did anyone get the fealing it was jennings last game for leinster - maybe it was just enthusiasm but he looked like a co-captain at end holding the cup with leo - great servant of leinster rugby , either way, and well under used by Ireland IMO

Doubt it very much. He's only turning 31 in about a month. I would expect him to keep playing for another season at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

thebaz wrote: »

I was wondering why he was lifting the cup, does anyone know? This is a possible reason but I would say it is unlikely.

• Advertisement

Cullen has done that before. It was Whittaker in 09 and. I can't remember who it was last year but he's keen to share the glory.

I think he sees his captaincy as first among equals, or that leadership is shared among the senior players.

Edit: it was shaggy last year.

Compare and contrast with John terry....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement