Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Tox56 wrote: »
    He should move, he's not getting enough gametime behind Sexton

I don't think so personally. He has a lot to learn and imho he can learn a hell of a lot more from Sexton. He should stay a few more seasons before thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Piliger wrote: »
    I don't think so personally. He has a lot to learn and imho he can learn a hell of a lot more from Sexton. He should stay a few more seasons before thinking about it.

Tox was being sarcastic.

I hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Yes I was being sarcastic :p

Madigan is a 23 year old with 50 appearances for the European Champions and should already have an international call up (DK). They mention in that update that McLaughlin is going to make his 75th, and he's a full 4 years older.

He might have to reconsider if he becomes 2nd choice for Ireland, but is still behind Sexton. It really depends on how things pan out, he could sought after by other clubs (both inside and outside Ireland) and not be getting much HEC gametime, or he could be starting half the HEC games in just a few years.

Let him grow and mature under Schmidt and with the best players in Europe, and let him think about moving when he is ready. Who knows, Sexton could get injured in a year or two, and Madigan starts 4/5 HEC matches on the trot.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

I think it'd be great if he stayed. I wonder will he end up at Munster though. O'Gara must have one more season, maybe two in him, I wonder will Madigan be lured to Limerick as his successor. I can't see Keatley being the long term successor.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

If the incumbent was anyone other then Sexton I would half expect Schmidt to adopt a rotation policy for the 10 role akin to what he uses for the 9 position. However, almost everything Leinster do flows through Sexton at some point and he is one of the most vital cogs in the team so harder to see it happening.

• Advertisement

Podge_irl wrote: »
    If the incumbent was anyone other then Sexton I would half expect Schmidt to adopt a rotation policy for the 10 role akin to what he uses for the 9 position. However, almost everything Leinster do flows through Sexton at some point and he is one of the most vital cogs in the team so harder to see it happening.

Not yet anyway.

Gotta look at the progress Mads has made in 12 months. Who knows, in 12 or 24 months time, we might see Mads getting even starts with Sexton depending on the opposition, just like Boss and Reds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Late returns for the @RaboDirectPRO12 game on Sunday on sale now, last chance to see @leinsterrugby this season!! http://j.mp/Ky0W5n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

Or stay where he is - it might be Sexton not getting enough game time behind Madigan in another year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just watching the Crusaders against the Blues and someone in the crowd just held up a poster in the crowd saying "We offically give BT permission to help the Blues" with a cross through the word blues and a picture of Brad Thorn in his Leinster jersey :pac:

Boss unavailable this weekend. All others declared fit (bar the long termers)

http://www.espnscrum.com/scrum/rugby/story/164469.html?addata=chromium

• Advertisement

Atleast Cooney has a shot at revenge then.. ;)

Actually, watching the final again last night, and Cooney was fantastic. He's a lovely pass, and his decision making is outstanding. He's by far a more complete player since the begining of the season, and to me is a far more solid player than McGrath. With Boss and Redden in their 30s it's a great prospect of having two exciting SHs coming through the ranks at just the right time perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Richie Murphy saying that Thorn may come back again at some stage..

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/news/14125.php

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

It's sunny, nearly the weekend of the Pro 12 final and I now have Monday off work

SO COME ON LEINSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I probably spent to much time in the sun at lunch

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

He says he's taking Monday off to do some work around the house....
    337.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

It's sunny, nearly the weekend of the Pro 12 final and I now have Monday off work

Oh Lordy......wish I HAD fRIDAY off. DRyiun k too much fir a thrusday night..

Ballssss.

C'MON LLEINDSTER!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

.ak wrote: »
    Atleast Cooney has a shot at revenge then.. ;)

Actually, watching the final again last night, and Cooney was fantastic. He's a lovely pass, and his decision making is outstanding. He's by far a more complete player since the begining of the season, and to me is a far more solid player than McGrath. With Boss and Redden in their 30s it's a great prospect of having two exciting SHs coming through the ranks at just the right time perhaps.

He came on after 74 mins............

He came on after 74 mins............

Did he not start, and Willis came on after?

Or are you referring to the final on saturday? If so.. so what? He was still fantastic. :/ A SH see's plenty of ball, and considering the tempo Leinster played in those 6 minutes (scoring two tries), it's still plenty of time to make that decision. Having said that my opinion is based on his season thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

Did he not start, and Willis came on after?

Or are you referring to the final on saturday? If so.. so what? He was still fantastic. :/ A SH see's plenty of ball, and considering the tempo Leinster played in those 6 minutes (scoring two tries), it's still plenty of time to make that decision. Having said that my opinion is based on his season thus far.

He's played less than 90 minutes for the first team. I just think you're getting way ahead of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Got to meet BOD, Rob Kearney, Devin Toner, Fionn Carr and John Cooney in Temple Street today.

Really nice lads and got my Heineken Cup final programme signed by them.

He's played less than 90 minutes for the first team. I just think you're getting way ahead of yourself.

How am I getting ahead of myself exactly? Which part don't you agree with? He's not the third choice scum-half? He's not ahead of McGrath? He doesn't have a lovely pass? He doesn't show good decision making? I'm well aware of how much time he's played for the senior team, but I also closely followed the A games in the B&I cup and I've seen what he's capable of. Plus I've seen most his games for Lansdowne where he's been superb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

DD9090 wrote: »
    Got to meet BOD, Rob Kearney, Devin Toner, Fionn Carr and John Cooney in Temple Street today.

Really nice lads and got my Heineken Cup final programme signed by them.
    Looks like someone caught the special moment on camera:

Fennell-BOD-Temple-11.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Amazing photo and all that that is, its from last year.

On your inspiration I also booked Monday off.

Roll on Sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Amazing photo and all that that is, its from last year.

All these Heineken cup wins just blur together after a while.

Here is one from today.

Temple-St-Visit-12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

How am I getting ahead of myself exactly? Which part don't you agree with? He's not the third choice scum-half? He's not ahead of McGrath? He doesn't have a lovely pass? He doesn't show good decision making? I'm well aware of how much time he's played for the senior team, but I also closely followed the A games in the B&I cup and I've seen what he's capable of. Plus I've seen most his games for Lansdowne where he's been superb.

He looked good when he came on at the weekend. Didn't put a foot wrong. The last time I saw him was earlier in the season when he had a nightmare match.

profitius wrote: »
    He looked good when he came on at the weekend. Didn't put a foot wrong. The last time I saw him was earlier in the season when he had a nightmare match.

That was my initial point. His game against Ospreys was terrible, and he had some pretty bad games after that in Sept/Oct before Willis had to take over. But since then he's been better than good. His game against Pontypridd was outstanding. It would be a nice end to his season if he managed to play in the senior league final against a team where he was mullered at the begining of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Eamon Sheridan has signed for Rotherham Titans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Eamon Sheridan has signed for Rotherham Titans

Good move for him. Hopefully he can have an injury free run and play to his potential. If hes good enough he can always come back.

Rotherham seem to target fringe players from the provinces. That strategy is obviously working out well for them and its a win win all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Hope he does come back, has looked very good when he strung a few games together.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement