Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

He'd be mad to jump from Leinster - if he doesn't repeat the success in his next job, his Leinster success will be dismissed as a fluke.

2 back to back titles playing some scintillation rugby a fluke?

If he finished bottom of the s15 with the blues it still wouldn't take from what he did here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

After all the talk of NZers coaching here it would be funny to see an Irish man in charge of one of their teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Fishooks12 wrote: »

If he finished bottom of the s15 with the blues it still wouldn't take from what he did here
    You don't think the Kiwis could dismiss success in some minor NH contest?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Fishooks12 wrote: »

You don't think the Kiwis could dismiss success in some minor NH contest?

If there is anyone ignorant enough to think that, their opinion should be ignored and it is certainly not something Schmidt should be concerning himself with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Tox56 wrote: »
    If there is anyone ignorant enough to think that, their opinion should be ignored and it is certainly not something Schmidt should be concerning himself with.
    Unfortunately, a lot of the NZ media (and supporters) seems to be exactly that ignorant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

NZ fans and media are some of the most arrogant people I have ever encountered when talking about rugby. I tend to avoid them lest I rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Leinsters average attendance this season was 22,117 including all home games.

Average attendance at the RDS only was 16,340.

Very impressive figures. Can't wait for expansion of ground. (hopefully after next season).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Out of curiosity how many sell-out games have there been in the RDS? Obviously the Aviva games sold out due to the significance of the games but if the RDS was to be expanded would the expansion justify the price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

There were 5 sell outs in the RDS (Glasgow, Ulster, Montpellier & Ospreys x 2) but also a further 4 near sell outs (over 16,000) and the rest were all around 15,000 - 16,000 mark, as well as the 3 45-50k matches in Lansdowne.

I think the main thing is that attendance has been consistently high, but also, when you improve facilities, as well as increasing the capacity, it increases attendance further, especially given the oppertunity of a revised ticketing strategy.

Factor in the year on year growth in Leinster attendance figures and the long term investment in the stadium as our home, and Leinster could comfortably justify a 25,000 capacity stadium at the moment imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Only one thing with those attendence figures that I'll be sceptical about, they regularly reported them as "Tickets Sold" at matches throughout the season, as opposed to "People Attending"

• Advertisement

Yeah, the return Ospreys game may have been sold out but wasn't a full stadium by any means. It was a fairly cold night if I remember correctly and there were loads of seats free all over the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Sunday's game was the only time that the stadium was genuinely packed this season from my memory. even on HEC games you see a couple of hundred empty seats usually.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I wouldn't have said any of those games had a full attendance except for Sunday, first game all season that people ended up really struggling for seats in North and South stands and ended up on the steps.

Not been like that since Clermont at home in the Heineken cup quarter final.

Still the important thing for Leinster is that the could have sold more seats to all the sell out games if the had them to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

All that really matters are the sales figures though really. It would be nice to have a packed house every week but that's never really going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

One for every province
    INPHO_00603063.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Yup there is a rugby league league played during the Summer months which covers both inter pro and club level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

ewwww, not the nicest jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

http://www.newstalk.ie/programmes/all/offtheball/listen-back/

Interview with Joe on Off the Ball last night. Begins at 29 mins of part 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Kiwi 2nd row Jason Eaton linked with the Scarlets, should we be chasing him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Only one thing with those attendence figures that I'll be sceptical about, they regularly reported them as "Tickets Sold" at matches throughout the season, as opposed to "People Attending"

Rabo told them to do that if the actual attendance was a good bit lower than the number of tickets sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

bamboozle wrote: »

capped with the All Blacks and has been injury prone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

capped with the All Blacks and has been injury prone.

We have space for another NIQ, but would be put off him if he is injury prone.

Edit: I take that back - we need to sign him under any circumstances. Look at that beard!

http://blindsiderugby.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Jason-Eaton.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

WeeBushy wrote: »
    We have space for another NIQ, but would be put off him if he is injury prone.

Edit: I take that back - we need to sign him under any circumstances. Look at that beard!

http://blindsiderugby.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Jason-Eaton.jpg

EPIC BEARD WIN!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

bamboozle wrote: »

Nah. Was a very decent player but injury took its toll and he's not nearly the player he was. I'd say he's leaving as he knows his chances of being capped again are gone. Will be a good signing for Scarlets but can't see him setting the world alight up here. Big future in the world beard championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

.ak wrote: »
    EPIC BEARD WIN!!

He certainly doesn't look like a 'Jason'. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Jason Eaton's the guy who embarrassed Anthony Horgan in an Ire v NZ fixture a few years back, catching him easily in a footrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

In hindsight, was Fionn Carr's decision to move to Leinster a good one? I don't have an opinion really but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

In hindsight, was Fionn Carr's decision to move to Leinster a good one? I don't have an opinion really but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

He got 15 starts, 18 games altogether in the Pro12 and 2 in the HC. At the moment he is a decent squad player to have around when the internationals are on duty but he has a lot of work to be doing to get regular first team rugby for the serious games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

My thoughts are "meh"

For him, no, it wasn't. Fair play to him for trying but it's the classic Big Fish Small Pond syndrome and it hasn't panned out in the bigger pond.

For Leinster, it's been pretty neutral really. Next season I would expect him to be behind Dave Kearney, McFadden and possibly Conway as back up to the first choice back three.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement