Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Wardrobe issues maybe?? :p

Usually his decisions revolve around which music to listen to or which burger joint to plug, but I think he's trying to tell us something here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Wardrobe issues maybe?? :p

Could be.................. White boots or Yellow boots, white or yellow, white or yellow....:rolleyes:

Thanos wrote: »
    Could be.................. White boots or Yellow boots, white or yellow, white or yellow....:rolleyes:

Shake n Bake either way!

Leinster move Heineken Cup quarter final to the Aviva Stadium
    Think we all knew that was coming but confirmed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Thanos wrote: »
    Leinster move Heineken Cup quarter final to the Aviva Stadium
    Think we all knew that was coming but confirmed now.

balls would have much prefered this to be in the RDS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

balls would have much prefered this to be in the RDS

Means we get more supporters in and Leinster make plenty of cash. The team seems pretty comfortable playing there as well, don't really see many disadvantages.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

as a south stand season ticket holder i somehow got dumped in the north stand of the aviva which i can see many disadvantages to (its now the school boy stand for ireland games)

but this is game is outside the season ticket holder remit so i dont see any problems to it and hopefully i'll be able to get a good seat.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    as a south stand season ticket holder i somehow got dumped in the north stand of the aviva which i can see many disadvantages to (its now the school boy stand for ireland games)

but this is game is outside the season ticket holder remit so i dont see any problems to it and hopefully i'll be able to get a good seat.

I expect you'll be in the same situation. eg last year for the clermont home qf I was given the same seat.

In lansdowne I was sitting beside the same people etc.

It appears as if they take the seat numbers and transplant them to the new stadium, so I expect wherever they put you last time they'll put you again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

durkadurka wrote: »
    I expect you'll be in the same situation. eg last year for the clermont home qf I was given the same seat.

In lansdowne I was sitting beside the same people etc.

It appears as if they take the seat numbers and transplant them to the new stadium, so I expect wherever they put you last time they'll put you again.

i really hope not.

i know last year the quarter you could only buy a ticket for where you sit. this is fair enough as it was in the rds.

for the aviva i hope you can buy a ticket for wherever due to the larger capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

CatFromHue wrote: »
    i really hope not.

i know last year the quarter you could only buy a ticket for where you sit. this is fair enough as it was in the rds.

for the aviva i hope you can buy a ticket for wherever due to the larger capacity

That would seem to be the best way to do it. Some sort of pre-sale for season ticket holders but we get to choose where we purchase tickets for. It's also the way I'd imagine they'll do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/7291.php

Leinster Rugby are delighted to announce the signing of Ireland hooker Sean Cronin who will join the province in the summer on a two year deal...
    Cronin, 24, was educated at Ardscoil Rís in Limerick and has previously played with Munster and Connacht, whom he joined in the summer of 2008.
    A former Ireland Schools representative, Cronin featured in the AIB League for Shannon and he earned his first Ireland cap against Fiji in the RDS in November 2009, incidentally in the same match as Jonathan Sexton and Sean O’Brien.

He won his first start against New Zealand in the 2010 Summer Tests and also started against Australia. Cronin has also represented Ireland Schools, U-19, U-21, and ‘A’ (Ireland Wolfhounds) levels.

The Limerick man played three games in the recent Guinness series against Samoa, New Zealand and Argentina and has featured 7 times for Ireland to date.

Sean Cronin said: “I am delighted to put pen to paper on a deal to join Leinster this summer and I believe that with the exciting players in the squad, the future looks bright.

“I have been hugely impressed by Leinster’s displays both in the Magners League and in the Heineken Cup so far this season and the province’s ambitions mirror my own. Hopefully I can establish myself in the squad when I join up in a few months time.

“I am grateful for the opportunity that Connacht have given me over the last three years to play for a fantastic club. They will continue to grow from strength to strength under Eric Elwood and the existing management team and I will do my utmost to help improve our Magners League standing over the coming months.”

Commenting on Cronin’s signing, Leinster Coach Joe Schmidt said: “It’s great that Sean has confirmed that he will join us this summer. He is a dynamic and talented front rower who will add experience at hooker following the retirement of John Fogarty earlier this season.”

Great signing for Leinster. 2 great hookers on the books next year. Bad news for Tom Sexton and JHW, surely heading for the exit if they want to adance their careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

conf101 wrote: »
    That would seem to be the best way to do it. Some sort of pre-sale for season ticket holders but we get to choose where we purchase tickets for. It's also the way I'd imagine they'll do it.

That would take away the concentration of STH though to get chants going etc.

I expect to be in the same seat I was in for the Clermont game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Season ticket holders would most likely be allocated places in advance. The rest would go on public sale.

Check with the branch's ticketing dept as to where these allocations are. You're not going to get much in the way of answers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Cue thousands of Strauss v. Cronin debates over the next 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

1. Healy
    2. Cronin
    3. Ross
    4. Cullen
    5. Toner
    6. SOB
    7. Jennings
    8. Heaslip

9. Reddan
    10. Sexton
    11. Fitzgerald
    12. D'Arcy
    13. BOD
    14. Horgan
    15. Kearney

:) All Irish.

JustinDee wrote: »
    Season ticket holders would most likely be allocated places in advance. The rest would go on public sale.

Check with the branch's ticketing dept as to where these allocations are. You're not going to get much in the way of answers here.

It doesn't bother me that much tbh. I was happy with my seat for the previous 2 matches and would happily sit there again for the QF. I just thought they might give season ticket holders a chance to buy more tickets than just their own seat in some sort of pre-sale, something like 4 tickets per person or something like that. Maybe I'm completely off the mark.

Cue thousands of Strauss v. Cronin debates over the next 2 years

I think your right. But looking at the was Boss and Reddan, Healy and HVM have been used just gives us great strength in the squad.

It doesn't bother me that much tbh. I was happy with my seat for the previous 2 matches and would happily sit there again for the QF. I just thought they might give season ticket holders a chance to buy more tickets than just their own seat in some sort of pre-sale, something like 4 tickets per person or something like that. Maybe I'm completely off the mark.

Not sure about 4 but I would be surprised if you could not get 2 for any season ticket you hold.

CouchSmart wrote: »
    1. Healy
    2. Cronin
    3. Ross
    4. Cullen
    5. Toner
    6. SOB
    7. Jennings
    8. Heaslip

9. Reddan
    10. Sexton
    11. Fitzgerald
    12. D'Arcy
    13. BOD
    14. Horgan
    15. Kearney

:) All Irish.

16. JHW
    17. McGrath
    18. Sherriff
    19. Ryan
    20. Boss
    21. Madigan
    22. McFadden

:)

(couldn't get the extra prop for a 23 man squad!)

Actually 4 is a bit much when you consider there are something like 13,000 season ticket holders. But didn't we have the option of buying 4 for the Clermont game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

Maguire or Shawe?

THey might open the box office early for STH's or something. I want to bring one or two people so will defo need to buy a few on top of my season ticket.

Realistically it won't sell out in 15 minutes, so everyone who is remotely vigilant should get hold of tickets.

16. JHW
    17. McGrath
    18. Sherriff
    19. Ryan
    20. Boss
    21. Madigan
    22. McFadden

:)

Ruddock not even making the bench!! Only area where no significant Irish back up is Tight 5 and Outhalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Cronin joining Leinster on a 2 year deal at the end of the season. Signed, sealed, delivered.

Ruddock not even making the bench!! Only area where no significant Irish back up is Tight 5 and Outhalf.

Ruddocks half Welsh though, I went for purism :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

McLaughlin??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Cronin joining Leinster on a 2 year deal at the end of the season. Signed, sealed, delivered.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2011/0124/cronins_leinster.html

Madigan is a more than adequate backup at out half. He's easilly where Sexton was at that age.

Would be nice to have another Irish 2nd Row. Sheriff has reportedly been very impressive this season?

hsbc wrote: »
    McLaughlin??

Jaysus we're awash with back rowers!!

• Advertisement

Madigan is a more than adequate backup at out half. He's easilly where Sexton was at that age.

Would be nice to have another Irish 2nd Row. Sheriff has reportedly been very impressive this season?

Looks like Schmidt thinks so in fairness, because Berne is falling by the wayside. Interesting to see who plays during the 6n.

I still pit madigan in the promising upcoming bracket.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement