Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

conf101 wrote: »
    Do you have a source for that or is it just idle speculation?

Thats from a source in the camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Well it seems he's been named in the extended squad so presumably he still has a chance of playing, otherwise why would he be named?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheTMO

A friend said he saw Leinster training the other day with, I **** you not, O'Driscoll slotting in at 10.

If his jaw is wired shut then if even if he plays he'll be at 40% if your lucky. He's probably lost a lot of strength and fitness if hes had to liquify his food for the past 3 weeks

• Advertisement

TheTMO wrote: »
    If his jaw is wired shut then if even if he plays he'll be at 40% if your lucky. He's probably lost a lot of strength and fitness if hes had to liquify his food for the past 3 weeks

His jaw is not wired shut! I was talking to him a week after the op and bar a tiny mark you'd never have known he had surgery.

As for BoD at 10, makes sense when you look at the last 30 mins of the Connaught game, he slotted in there for alot of the time. McFadden at 13 for kicking duties?

Have heard Nacewa as another possible 10, not so keen on that one.

conf101 wrote: »
    Well it seems he's been named in the extended squad so presumably he still has a chance of playing, otherwise why would he be named?

Why reveal your hand to Toulouse a full week before you play them? Keep 'em guessing as to his fitness.

His jaw is not wired shut! I was talking to him a week after the op and bar a tiny mark you'd never have known he had surgery.

Still, if he isn't able to eat much or still had to liquify his diet then hes not going to be fully fit.

If he was able to eat then he will definitely play. This is a guy whos played full games with broken fingers, fractured forearms and broken jaws. Not many 10s like that around.

Still, if he isn't able to eat much or still had to liquify his diet then hes not going to be fully fit.

If he was able to eat then he will definitely play. This is a guy whos played full games with broken fingers, fractured forearms and broken jaws. Not many 10s like that around.

Problem wouldn't be him playing through the pain barrier, it'll be the fact that he'll have been resting (as far as on the pitch stuff goes) for the past few weeks, similar to O'Connell where he'll lack match sharpness and fitness.

Hate to say it but looks like we'll only beat Toulouse by a few now!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

A friend said he saw Leinster training the other day with, I **** you not, O'Driscoll slotting in at 10.

Please no, this is not a good idea. It could only possibly apply if Berne played and got injured. Even then....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Last time O'Driscoll started at 10 in a Heineken Cup game.....Leinster's record defeat....

Toulouse 43 - 7 Leinster
    Sunday 13th January 2002, KO 14:30
    Stade Ernest Wallon Att: 6,746
    Referee: Steve Leyshon

FB Clement Poitrenaud 15 Girvan Dempsey FB
    W Nicolas Jeanjean 14 Denis Hickie W
    C Cedric Desbrosse 13 Adam Magro C
    C Xavier Garbajosa 12 Shane Horgan C
    W Cedric Heymans 11 Gordon D'Arcy W
    FH Yann Delaigue 10 Brian O'Driscoll FH
    SH Frederic Michalak 9 Brian O'Meara SH
    P Julien Poujade 1 Reggie Corrigan P
    H Yannick Bru 2 Shane Byrne H
    P Franck Tournaire 3 Paul Wallace P
    L Hugues Miorin 4 Leo Cullen L
    L Fabien Pelous 5 Bob Casey L
    FL Jean Bouilhou 6 Trevor Brennan FL
    FL Finau Maka 7 Keith Gleeson FL
    8 Christian Labit 8 Victor Costello 8
    r Michel Marfaing 16 Simon Keogh r
    r Emile Ntamack 17 Ben Willis r
    r Jerome Fillol 18 Peter McKenna r
    r Didier Lacroix 19 Liam Toland r
    r David Gerard 20 Aidan McCullen r
    r William Servat 21 Gavin Hickie r
    r Benoit Lecouls 22 Peter Coyle r

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

God, Simon Keogh was still just a bench player back then....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Former Leinster favourite Guy Easterby is the favourite to succeed Chris Whitaker as club manager after confirmation the Australian would join Michael Cheika at Stade Francais next season. Easterby has been helping with Leinster's preparations ahead of incoming coach Joe Schmidt's arrival.

- David Kelly
    Irish Independent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Last time O'Driscoll started at 10 in a Heineken Cup game.....Leinster's record defeat....

Toulouse 43 - 7 Leinster

That wasn't a bad Leinster team by any means in retrospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Toulouse 43 - 7 Leinster

Who the hell was Adam Magro??? :confused: Can't recall ever hearing of him before...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Zzippy wrote: »
    Who the hell was Adam Magro??? :confused: Can't recall ever hearing of him before...

Think he was an Aussie, played Super rugby I know at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

That wasn't a bad Leinster team by any means in retrospect.

Some pack of forwards :eek:

Backs were very meh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Some pack of forwards :eek:

Backs were very meh

With a proper pair of halfbacks and Drico back in the centre that would have been an exceptional team! I actually couldn't believe the strength of the pack when I looked up the teamsheet for that game earlier. The bench on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired!

Also on an unrelated note, I just saw Kearney strolling down Grafton St. His girlfriend is a complete lash!

With a proper pair of halfbacks and Drico back in the centre that would have been an exceptional team! I actually couldn't believe the strength of the pack when I looked up the teamsheet for that game earlier. The bench on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired!
    That's true. Put Sexton (who was... 16?) in that team at 10 and Drico at 13 and it's a hell of a team. Probably want to swap Horgan and D'Arcy as well.
    Also on an unrelated note, I just saw Kearney strolling down Grafton St. His girlfriend is a complete lash!
    Heard that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

I'll never forgive O'Meara for the 2003 semi vs Perpingon I think it was, complete disaster with the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

The current eight would mullar the 02 version

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

themont85 wrote: »
    I'll never forgive O'Meara for the 2003 semi vs Perpingon I think it was, complete disaster with the boot.

Yeah it was 03. Remember watchin it from the South Terrace. After the game I couldn't move for half an hour I was in such a state of disappointment.

Although, we would have lost the QF if Girv hadn't made a cracking cover tackle at the death. So the team were struggling despite a gift of a draw. :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Leinster squad to face Edinburgh…

FORWARDS: Leo Cullen, John Fogarty, Cian Healy, Jamie Heaslip, Nathan Hines, Stephen Keogh, Kevin McLaughlin, Sean O’Brien, Malcolm O’Kelly, Mike Ross, Rhys Ruddock, Dominic Ryan, Richardt Strauss, CJ van der Linde, Stan Wright

BACKS: Shaun Berne, Gordon D’Arcy, Girvan Dempsey, Shane Horgan, Rob Kearney, Simon Keogh, Ian Madigan, Fergus McFadden, Isa Nacewa, Paul O’Donohoe, Brian O’Driscoll, Eoin O’Malley, Eoin Reddan, Jonathan Sexton

REFEREE: James Jones (WRU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: David Wilkinson (IRFU), Dermot Moloney (IRFU), 4th OFFICIAL: John Carvill (ARLB), 5th OFFICIAL: Simon Rogan (ARLB), TMO: Peter Ferguson (IRFU)

It's a 29 man squad so doesn't say an awful lot, but fantastic to see SOB named.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Does anyone have any ideas when the Semi final tickets will go on sale? I presume it'll be the week after the Edinburgh game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

they need to be sure they're in it first. And it is not certain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

durkadurka wrote: »
    they need to be sure they're in it first. And it is not certain.

The semi-final? That is certain. It's just not certain that they'll be at home, though if the Warriors don't get 5 points against the Scarlets then they'll have it.

For me, I have my fingers crossed that Munster and Leinster meet in the semi-final.

Two reasons. 1. We'll have a better chance in the RDS against the only team I'm concerned about and 2. I'm abroad for the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

The final can be played in RDS.

Criteria is any ground in the nominating teams home nation with a capacity greater than 18,000. (you can't help but feel ML catered the stadium amount especially for Leinster).

Also, not going to root for link, but the IRFU are in talks with GAA about the possible use of Croke Park for a Leinster v Munster semi or final...

Would be funny to have 80,000 for the semi and 20,000 for the final! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Podge_irl wrote: »
    The semi-final? That is certain. It's just not certain that they'll be at home, though if the Warriors don't get 5 points against the Scarlets then they'll have it.

Yeah thats what I meant - you can't arrange a fixture till you know where it is, that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Would be funny to have 80,000 for the semi and 20,000 for the final! :eek:

Can't see them getting 80,000 for the semi. I think they would be pushed getting 40,000-50,000 I'd say. As both teams are now out of the HC a lot of the blow ins that we got for the HC semi last year wouldn't be bothered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement