Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

phog wrote: »
    I'll never understand some fans, when Kidney doesn't pick them he's wrong then when he does and they dont perform and make schollboy mistakes Kidney is to blame and of course it'll be his fault too if one of them pick up an injury playing for their country.

If he hadn't left out Cullen, Jennings and Reddan I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

In fairness though, Healy and D'Arcy weren't great today and that was nothing to do with Kidney.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Teej

Am I the only one who is utterly terrified that playing under Kidney during the 6 Nations is going to take awhile for our players to recover from and might not happen before Leicester?

More afraid bout consequences of playing Munster w/e before. Inter-pros fill me with a dread unmatched by anything else for their potential injury & citation costs.

Really hope that any players not involved in 6nations match day are released early enough to be involved in magners

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

You're twisting opinions there, be careful.

wow, Mod warning or a warning from a poster who happens to be a mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Piece of advice, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

lads you can take it to pm if you like but can we get back on topic please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

Delighted with the signings. A bit disappointed from an Irish perspective that BOD got an international contract, would've liked there to be a chance for a young up and coming 13 to replace him for 2015. Very high chance of him retiring in 2015 with no tested back-up. Thinking about it, it's really just a flaw in the system that I'm disappointed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

CouchSmart wrote: »
    Delighted with the signings. A bit disappointed from an Irish perspective that BOD got an international contract, would've liked there to be a chance for a young up and coming 13 to replace him for 2015. Very high chance of him retiring in 2015 with no tested back-up. Thinking about it, it's really just a flaw in the system that I'm disappointed with.

Provinces are for development, not test matches. You don't drop your best player just because you are worried about who will replace him. He plays until he stops being good enough. If someone is good enough to replace him, it shouldn't matter what kind of contract he has. Sexton took ROGs place without an international contract, as have others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I hope everyone who wants to go to the Leinster vs Leicester match got their tickets last week in the pre-sale for season ticket holders! Only 3,000 tickets went on general sale this morning according to the Leinster website. I'd say they will sell out extremely quickly!
    Following last week's pre-sale for Leinster Season Ticket holders, only 3,000 tickets remain for the Heineken Cup quarter final against Leicester Tigers in the Aviva Stadium on Saturday, 9th April...

With Leicester having requested their full allocation of 12,500, in total 47,000 tickets have now been sold.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

I hope everyone who wants to go to the Leinster vs Leicester match got their tickets last week in the pre-sale for season ticket holders! Only 3,000 tickets went on general sale this morning according to the Leinster website. I'd say they will sell out extremely quickly!

Bollock, just missed out. Forgot all about it.

I'll try and get some for the semis instead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Balls. I should pay attention to those leinster emails. None left on ticketmaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Your only hope is that Leicester send a few thousand back, which I suspect they will.

Bloody hell some sales!!

Shít totally forgot about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭davidpfitz

CouchSmart wrote: »

He'd be 36 in 2015. It appears he's aiming to bow-out with one last Lions tour in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

durkadurka wrote: »
    Your only hope is that Leicester send a few thousand back, which I suspect they will.

Bloody hell some sales!!

They are on sale via Leicester general sale from Friday I think so wouldn't bank on many making it back to Leinster branch, lot of interest in seeing new Lansdowne plus lot of Leinster fans in uk heading over for it like Clermont game.

Bit nuts for a home game, but one option is sadly to secure an away team ticket !:(

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

BOLLOCKS :eek:

Couldn't get one this morning. :(

Seriously dissapointed, only hope now is someone on LF's generosity or Tigers sending some back.

**** it anyway, was really looking forward to it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭The Rooster

With members getting up to 8 tickets each, some may have got more than they need, so hopefully you'll get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

They are on sale via Leicester general sale from Friday I think so wouldn't bank on many making it back to Leinster branch, lot of interest in seeing new Lansdowne plus lot of Leinster fans in uk heading over for it like Clermont game.

I can't see a lot of tickets making their way back here either - but on the off-chance that they do, when would they be available? Can't believe it, I should've been up first thing this morning, dammit!

Up-n-atom! wrote: »
    I can't see a lot of tickets making their way back here either - but on the off-chance that they do, when would they be available? Can't believe it, I should've been up first thing this morning, dammit!

you could always join the leicester suppporters club or something....

They just went back on sale. Picked up a pair for €66.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

They just went back on sale. Picked up a pair for €66.

None there now?

• Advertisement

Nope, gone again

This is extraordinary, I 'control' 2 season tickets and basically got them for all my mates. I was able to buy up to 8 on each ticket.

Presumably this is to prevent touts and I hope it does, but I think they should maybe reduce this to 4 extra per ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

durkadurka wrote: »
    This is extraordinary, I 'control' 2 season tickets and basically got them for all my mates. I was able to buy up to 8 on each ticket.

Presumably this is to prevent touts and I hope it does, but I think they should maybe reduce this to 4 extra per ticket.

And did you buy the maximum amount you could?
    I was just thinking that alot of people could have bought 8 tickets for all their mates. But those mates might know other season ticket holders who bought 8 tickets as well. So it might result in people having alot of extra tickets that they need to sell on.

The Leinster squad trained in UCD on Monday afternoon ahead of Thursday night's Magners League clash against Aironi Rugby in the RDS (KO: 7.05pm)...
    Thursday’s game is the first ever encounter between the two teams since the Italian side’s entry into the Magners League this season and Leinster look set to welcome back several players who were involved in the Ireland Wolfhounds victory over England last weekend such as Isaac Boss, David Kearney, Eoin O’Malley and Dominic Ryan.

There is also the possibility of one or two other players being released from the larger Ireland squad, such as Devin Toner and/or Kevin McLaughlin.

Though the province will be without their Ireland internationals, Isa Nacewa - whose 113 points in this year’s competition leaves him in fourth place in the Magners League’s top points scorers list (16 behind Ospreys out-half Dan Biggar) – is available for selection alongside the likes of Richardt Strauss and Springbok prop Heinke van der Merwe who was a replacement in the province’s last game, the 36-11 victory away to Racing Métro 92.

In addition, several players who featured in the recent British & Irish Cup victories over Worcester Warriors and Currie could be in contention with Andrew Conway (who has scored six tries in five games in the B&I Cup to date) in the mix after featuring in the Ireland Under-20’s victory in Italy last weekend.

Stan Wright (Achilles) continues his rehabilitation and the medical team are pleased with his progress and are hopeful that he will be in line to return to action in the coming weeks.

Tickets for Thursday’s game have passed the 14,000 mark and are on sale now ONLINE HERE, Spar (Donnybrook), the Leinster Rugby Store (Donnybrook) as well as Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.

http://leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/7433.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

Glad to hear Wright's making a speedy recovery. Newland, it's been nice knowin ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

jolley123 wrote: »
    Glad to hear Wright's making a speedy recovery. Newland, it's been nice knowin ya!

I'd hardly call it speedy :). But it is great news to hear he is nearing a comeback.

Yeah there's only one mullet we'll tolerate and that's Shane Byrne.

Should be a strong enough side. My guess

Nacewa
    Kearney
    O'Malley
    Berne
    Conway
    Madigan
    Boss

Van der Merwe
    Strauss
    Newland
    Toner
    EOD
    McLoughlin
    Ryan
    Ruddock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

I'd like to see Keating get some game-time. Perhaps a bench option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

I'd like to see Keating get some game-time. Perhaps a bench option?

i'm glad someone else thinks so, he seems to score everytime he plays and is running amok for Clontarf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement