Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

Podge_irl wrote: »
    The RDS have wanted to redevelop the Anglesea stand for eons.

Wish they'd ****ing get on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

padser wrote: »
    2) Irish soccer internationals over the course of a year (80k x 4 or 5???)

Ireland are doing well to get 20,000 to their soccer games these days...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Scored four tickets for 522!
    Delira with that!
    Doesn't seem to be the same rush on them this morning, gonna be serious outnumbering of Tigers fans, which is good.

Also the 3.50 charge from Ticketmaster (on each ticket :eek:) is pure robbery.
    :mad:

wixfjord wrote: »
    Scored four tickets for 522!

gonna be serious outnumbering of Tigers fans, which is good.

Absolutely, they made a show of us in 2005 with the number who arrived over and the noise they made, wouldn't have fancied having 12,500 of them screaming their lungs out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Damnit!!!! Too late again. Was hoping to grab two tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Absolutely, they made a show of us in 2005 with the number who arrived over and the noise they made, wouldn't have fancied having 12,500 of them screaming their lungs out.

Aye, but that was repaid in Edinburgh!
    The didn't know what hit em!
    Always remember "Stand Up for the Boys in Blue" as highlight of that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Only individuals left... :(

EDIT: When I went looking.

From the IT

On a parallel note, the Tigers returned about one third (4,500) of their ticket entitlement and the majority will go on sale on-line from 10am today. A number will also be available this Friday at Leinster’s Magners League game against Benetton Treviso at the RDS. A ticket booth will operate on a cash-only basis, located behind the Anglesea Stand, Block C to dispense the tickets. It will open from 5.30pm and close after half-time.

So head down and try and grab some if you havent already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

From a Leinster point-of-view the Ireland team for Sunday should free up McFadden to start on Friday, something that will help us greatly. Also, with Sexton on the bench we should see him start against Scarlets the following week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

CouchSmart wrote: »
    From a Leinster point-of-view the Ireland team for Sunday should free up McFadden to start on Friday, something that will help us greatly. Also, with Sexton on the bench we should see him start against Scarlets the following week.

Kidney may well bring McFadden with him to Scotland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Be annoyin if we lose both Jennings and Mcf to travelling to Edinburgh when the chances of them donning a jersey are vanishingly small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I agree, that'd be incredibly frustrating. Gutted for McF, I sincerely think he should be on the wing ahead of Earls, or at least ahead of Wallace on the bench.

I really hope they're released, both would be welcome level heads for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

Jennings is injured AFAIK. Ruddock would be the extra player to travel but I doubt he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

I agree, that'd be incredibly frustrating. Gutted for McF, I sincerely think he should be on the wing ahead of Earls, or at least ahead of Wallace on the bench.

Plus 1.

I suppose Earls is in on the back of his greater experience, thought McFadden might have shaded him slightly in performance stakes over the last couple of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

My team for Friday's match
    1 VDM
    2 Strauss
    3 Wright
    4 Toner
    5 McLaughlin (continue the experiment)
    6 Ruddock (hope he is back)
    7 Ryan
    8 Keogh
    9 Boss
    10 Madigan (I trust him more than McKinley)
    11 Conway
    12 McFadden (since he is not in the 22 he should be sent back)
    13 O'Malley
    14 Horgan/D Kearney (both have fitness tests later in the week so whichever is fit or Horgan if they both are)
    15 Nacewa

Nacewa
    Conway
    O'Malley
    Sheridan
    Kearney
    McKinley
    Boss
    Van der Merwe
    Strauss
    Wright
    O'Donoghue
    Toner
    McLaughlin
    Ryan
    Keogh

Reps:
    Harris-Wright
    McGrath
    Newland
    Ruddock
    Paul Ryan
    O'Donoghue
    Madigan
    Morris

Interesting that McFadden not given a run out in what is a seriously inexperienced backline, and McKinley preferred to Madigan again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

I assume that both McFadden and Jennings are travelling with the Irish squad - it would be very surprising to see them out of the XII if they are available.

Nice to see Stan back again - looking forward to him getting back to full fitness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

Good to see Paul Ryan back, hopefully he gets a decent amount of game-time to show what he can do. Hopefully Sheridan can do better than last week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

jolley123 wrote: »
    Good to see Paul Ryan back, hopefully he gets a decent amount of game-time to show what he can do. Hopefully Sheridan can do better than last week too.

playing him at 13 and O'Malley not passing to him didnt help last week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

While it has bags of talent, that backline just doesn't work. There's not enough experience and thus the penetration and organisation is very poor, and the execution isn't great either.

It would be fantastic if we were able to get a good win in this game, and it's great that these young lads are getting the experience, as it will stand to them, but they're doing it the hard way.

Interesting that McKinley is ahead of Madigan too. Personaly, I rate McKinley higher than Madigan, but haven't seen much of him since coming back from a near career ending injury. But hopefully he can put some structure on the game, as his best attribute is his play-making and eye for a gap.

Sheridan is certainly more of a 12 than a 13, and it's good to see him get a start there. He's benefitting from the Macken injury, which is a damn shame, as I would have loved to see Macken at 13 for a few games in the senior team, as he's such a great prospect, but I think Sheridan equitted himself quite well last week, remember, these guys are playing their first games at senior level.

Back three is solid enough and I'd love to see Conway put in a bit of space and getting the oppertunity to show what a great finisher he is, another great prospect for the future.

In the pack, I would have much prefered to see Mcloughlin in the second row with Toner and Ruddock given more time in the back-row.

Ruddock was our best back-row player last time out, and McLoughlin needs game time in the second row, as that's where his future may well lie.

Excellent to see Stan back, hope he gets (and lasts) a full 80.

The defeat last week was a major set-back and was a season defining game (either secure a tight grasp on second place, with home quarter final looking good, and make an assault on Munsters lead, or be thrown back to the bottom of the rat race for the play-off place...we got the latter...) so I think a few of these lads will be looking for redemption against the Italians.

My hopes for the game, Stan to last the 80, the backs to click, and to get a decent win. BP can't be expected considering the absentee's, but maintaining the home record is crucial.

Leinster wont be back in action for over a month after this game, and it's vital that we leave the title chase in good condition...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Leinster wont be back in action for over a month after this game, and it's vital that we leave the title chase in good condition...

Do we not play the Scarlets the following Friday? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Thanos wrote: »
    Do we not play the Scarlets the following Friday? :confused:
    Yep we do. 7:35 RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

[Jackass] wrote: »
    The defeat last week was a major set-back and was a season defining game ...

I dont think it was season defining. We were always going to lose it. Every other remaining game bar Munster away is pretty winnable.

A home semi is still majorly possible if we can win at home, then beat aironi and dragons away.

We have
    Treviso (H)
    Scarlets (h)
    Dragons(A)
    Munster(a)
    Ulster(H)
    Aironi (a)
    Glasgow(H)

home final is probably only possible if we beat Munster away.

Munster have about 4 tricky remaining games - three trips to wales and Leinster at home.

Aironi (A)
    Dragons(H)
    Cardiff (A)
    Leinster (H)
    Scarlets (A)
    Ospreys (A)
    Connacht (H)

All to play for - the league table is lying to be honest!

No reason we couldn't beat Munster in Thomond. We are streets ahead and will have a full complement of players. Munster may have a tricky one at home to Connacht in the last game...

tolosenc wrote: »
    No reason we couldn't beat Munster in Thomond. We are streets ahead and will have a full complement of players. Munster may have a tricky one at home to Connacht in the last game...

I didnt say we wouldn't or couldn't win it but its not exactly a banker....

You did indeed...

Ah come on you can see what I meant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

I think a home final is most likely if we finsih runner up to munster, and both of us get through our semis. Can't see the irfu resisting the opportunity to play that final in the avia.

Can't see us catching munster even if we beat them in thomond - too many places for us to slip up

• Advertisement

durkadurka wrote: »
    Ah come on you can see what I meant

No no, that was an admission of a misread on my part! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement