Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Nicer blue than the current one. Away jersey is very nice. Overall a step in the right direction but I still wont be buying that home jersey :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

lets revert to
    leinster-rugby-shirt.jpg

please

Haven't bought a Leinster jersey since that!
    Wear that one to every game and it's still going strong!
    Tis a beaut.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Jesus that home kit is brutal looking :eek:

Quite like the away one though, the harp looks savage on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Oh dear god, what were they smoking when they agreed on that design for the home kit??

I think the white away jersey is actually quite good. Liking it.

Agreed, the white is good.

I honestly thought the home had some major camera flash on it.

The colour got brighter, but a little too bright :/

Anyways...I'll wait till I see them in the flesh.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Sentiments on LF seem to be that that's not the home jersey, but that may be the away one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

Neither of them are the home jersey, thankfully. White isn't bad but it's not good either.

obj1226063?view=976

Now there's a jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

wixfjord wrote: »
    Sentiments on LF seem to be that that's not the home jersey, but that may be the away one.

Could probably be the 'European' kit, perhaps we may see a home kit the same as the white one but with the white and navy reversed?

Heard VW are the likely new sponsors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Jemo

CouchSmart wrote: »
    Neither of them are the home jersey, thankfully. White isn't bad but it's not good either.

obj1226063?view=976

Now there's a jersey.

Love that jersey, I've had it since 2009 and haven't invested in another one since as the rest have been pretty crap. The light blue HEC jersey was a serious step in hte right direction but it looks like they're going backwards now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Jemo

isboss1.jpg

Like this jersey too, seems to be none left in S/M/L on the Leinster Rugby Store though. Canterbury seem to be getting worse at designing home kits in any case. Adidas and Puma make excellent jerseys by and large but Canterbury insist on messing around with the collar and neckline the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

obj1226063?view=976

Now there's a jersey.

That's a nice jersey alright. Wish I had one. I bought the "supporters jersey" this week which is nice too - same colour scheme, good material, old school style collar, and no sponsors logos on there.

search%3Fq%3DLeinster%2BSupporters%2BJersey%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-ie:IE-ContextMenu%26rlz%3D1I7ACAW_en%26biw%3D1259%26bih%3D627%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=94&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=94&ty=82

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Jemo wrote: »
    isboss1.jpg

Like this jersey too, seems to be none left in S/M/L on the Leinster Rugby Store though.

You'd think someone would take the none too subtle hint. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

/shakes head wearily
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Come back unicorn jizz, all is forgiven

• Subscribers Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Jaysus, didn't think they could come up with a worse design than current jerseys. As noted above the cup jersey this year was nicest one in a while and you see a lot of people wearing it at games, so you would have thought the sales would have hinted at the preference for that type of jersey.

Sigh, could just about live with that away jersey if they sorted the neck out and made in in home colours I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

They need to make a shirt that the, shall we say, more generously proportioned among us can wear.

The unicorn jizz one probably looks ok if you're in great nick but lots of shirt buying Leinster fans aren't!

I like the the one before the current one .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Why no star(s) on the crest? We have one, and could well have another by next season. Toulouse put them there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

tolosenc wrote: »
    Why no star(s) on the crest? We have one, and could well have another by next season. Toulouse put them there...

Because they're beyond tacky.

Looking at it, only Stade and Brive have stars... La classe française...

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

Well apparently the kit suppliers manufacture many jerseys of varying styles before the final one is agreed upon. I'm really (really really really) hoping that these are just two of the early conceptual designs.

The blue one is pure drivel and the white one, while a massive improvement, is too loaded and elaborate for my liking.

7044.jpg

It's an indictment on Leinster Rugby that the jersey us fans are being forced to turn to these days is this completely uninspiring shirt which clearly doesn't even bear our traditional colours... Sadly, it's currently the best of a very bad lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Those can't be real....
    ....first of all, look at the size of them - they're moo-moos!

• Advertisement

I presume the lads are donning the Euro kit on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

God, that home jersey is awful. Will be really disappointed if I see these on sale.

Haven't bought a jersey since 2006 and looks like I'll be waiting another 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

obj1226063?view=976

Now there's a jersey.

Is this still in the rugby store? I don't see it on the website under leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

eoferrall wrote: »
    Is this still in the rugby store? I don't see it on the website under leinster?

Nah, it's from 2 years ago. After a quick look around online I don't know where you'd find one. Maybe someone else on here might have an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Nah, it's from 2 years ago. After a quick look around online I don't know where you'd find one. Maybe someone else on here might have an idea?

Found it in large on ebay... here. Just liked the look of it and was reminded of it in this thread. Guess I'll keep the one I have!:D
    INPHO_00156810.jpg
    Can't find better picture. training jersey from few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Interesting article here in today's Independent, way too long to post here but worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

phog wrote: »
    Interesting article here in today's Independent, way too long to post here but worth a read.
    also in sundays indo, already posted here but a good article

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71856856&postcount=2088

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

...in a few minutes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

that survey sent out by the leinster branch last week with the interesting questions was done by a ucd student.

the below is from the leinster branch:

Many thanks to all respondents of this online survey. Your participation and enthusiasm has enabled this research investigation to be completed in record numbers and time.

It should be noted that this is an academic survey being undertaken by a young sportsman within UCD who is completing his PhD doctoral research studies. His research is investigating the topic of ‘passion brands’ and the relationship of fans to passion brands. Passion brands can be found in areas such as sports, rock and pop music, popular culture amongst others. Examples of passion brands include Manchester United, U2, Star Trek and Harley Davidson.

We are particularly grateful to Leinster Rugby for facilitating this academic study which is independent of Leinster Rugby, yet is reliant on the good offices of Leinster Rugby for its completion. Their generosity is gratefully appreciated as is the generosity of Slattery’s of Upper Grand Canal St for their contribution to the prize package.

Once again we are extremely grateful for the enthusiastic response of Leinster fans. The winner of the prize package announced in connection with this online survey is Avril Kinsella from Donaghmede.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

could someone please tell me how Isa Nacewa has ONLY got 1 cap for Fiji so far? surely hil be playing for em in the World Cup?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement