Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Exactly.

And you didn't see Brazil retire Pele's Number 10.

The jersey just gets that bit bigger for the next man to fill. Which is only a good thing.

Ciaran-Irl wrote: »
    Even if they wanted to, which they wouldn't, O'Driscoll would never agree to it. He isn't egotistical.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Not a chance they'll be retiring any Jerseys, that happens really only in sports where players have squad numbers, not matchaday Jerseys anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Not a chance they'll be retiring any Jerseys, that happens really only in sports where players have squad numbers, not matchaday Jerseys anyway.

And what do you mean with all your little pacman icons?

Ciaran-Irl wrote: »
    And what do you mean with all your little pacman icons?

He's well able to be an insufferable egotistical madman like "the rest of them".

You need some insane self belief to do some of the things that he's done, he'd be a lesser rugby player without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

He's well able to be an insufferable egotistical madman like "the rest of them".

I disagree, but I won't bother with the little icons to emphasize my point.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

You need some insane self belief to do some of the things that he's done, he'd be a lesser rugby player without it!

Jesus, have to say I completely disagree here Emmet, and can't see where you're getting that from. He strikes me as a very down to earth, anything but ego fuelled guy, with tremendous self confidence in his ability.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Unreal nervous now, but BOD and Strauss fit (so it seems) is a big boost.

Leaving work at 4 to head to Rosslare, can't ****ing wait!

3 jerseys, Two flags, one cape and a scarf in tow.

I'll say it one more time this year....

SeanOBrien_firsttry_UlstervLeinsterIR.jpg

RELEASE THE BEAST....
    :eek:

wixfjord wrote: »
    Jesus, have to say I completely disagree here Emmet, and can't see where you're getting that from. He strikes me as a very down to earth, anything but ego fuelled guy, with tremendous self confidence in his ability.

never said he was ego fuelled! Simply said that he's not a modest man with modest talents. He's earned his ego though.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

Yeah fair enough he's been good in the past two games but he was nowhere at times in the first 6.

I wouldn't put him among the top 5 players in the competition this season, for sure.

Personally would put SOB #1 and Isa #2. SOB for being unreal at everything and Isa for his magic performances against Racing and Leicester.

lol, agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

the queen is going to tullow tomorrow to meet sean obrien because hes such a horse of a man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭rockman15

roycon wrote: »
    the queen is going to tullow tomorrow to meet sean obrien because hes such a horse of a man

no you mis-read that statement. shes going to tullow to meet his mother and father and congratulate them in advance for producing the greatest 6 in Lions history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Congratulations!:)

Great day for Irish rugby:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Homecoming at the RDS

The victorious Leinster team which won its second Heineken Cup earlier today will return to the RDS tomorrow (Sunday).

All supporters are encouraged to come down and join in the celebrations from 3.30pm.

There will be live music, match highlights and children’s entertainment.

Access is via gate G (Simmonscourt Road) and Gate H (Anglesea Road) only and all activity will takes place on the Grandstand side of the ground - admission is free.

The area behind the Anglesea Stand is closed due to other events scheduled for the RDS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I know it's only been a few hours since we secured the Heineken Cup......but I can't stop thinking about the double.

It's going to be so tough. So unbelievably tough. Munster in Thomond, them with 2 weeks rest, us just a week off an amazing but bruising come-back. Derby. Pride. Those all important bragging rights.

The team.......I'd imagine it's going to be as strong as possible from Schmidt, perhaps Jennings in for McLoughlin.

If we win....it will be beyond amazing. If we don't.......I'm still so incredibly proud of what this squad has achieved this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

You get the feeling that this Leinster team will need no help getting motivated for next saturday. They seem to have their heads firmly screwed in place which is a great thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Jemo

Sure we just like to give teams headstarts as a challenge, thats why we let Toulouse have a nice early try, and even gave Saints a free first half :-p

Only joking of course, full plaudits to Saints, NO team has run over Leinster this season in the manner in which they done in the first half. It looked ominous but we kept the faith and leadership and desire won out. Our first half played into their hands, we knocked on and we knocked on and then we forward passed as if inviting them to impose the scrum game on us and suffered the consequences. D'arcy and Drico fell off tackles left right and centre where they rarely miss that many in an entire season! Hopefully the lads don't celebrate too hard tonight, they will want the double. I'd rest O'Driscoll, he clearly was struggling with the pace on the outside with his injury, and also start Jennings.

On an Ireland note, it is great to see Connacht in the HEC next season and to see the cup come home in a extremely important season. This could be our springboard to success at the RWC.

Well done Leinster and a final congratulations to NH.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

Jemo wrote: »
    I'd rest O'Driscoll, he clearly was struggling with the pace on the outside with his injury, and also start Jennings.

Agree with you there. I'd put him on the bench and start McFadden. O'Driscoll was definitely not firing on all cylinders today and we don't want him to be down and out come WC. Don't think we will lose too much by playing a 100% McFadden over a 60% O'Driscoll.

What are other people's opinion on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

jolley123 wrote: »
    Agree with you there. I'd put him on the bench and start McFadden. O'Driscoll was definitely not firing on all cylinders today and we don't want him to be down and out come WC. Don't think we will lose too much by playing a 100% McFadden over a 60% O'Driscoll.

What are other people's opinion on this?

Oh I agree Fergus should be starting at either centre position or in place of Fitzgerald on the wing, but I can't see Drico not playing next week. No chance!! Play him and then rest him over the whole summer.

Still to early to call imo wait till wednesday or thursday and if he's still not 100% then bring in ferg, but no point ruling out our star player so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

I would start Ferg ahead of either Bod, Darcy, or Fitz. He is the unluckiet man in Europe and deserves a starting place on merit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

I'd like to see four changes: VDM, Jennings, Boss, and McFadden in for Healy, MaLaughlin, Reddan, and Darcy/ Fitzgerald.

I think those are the four positions where there is least or no difference between the guys competing for the shirt. Those changes I think wouldn't weaken the team. Also, I think VDM and McFadden especially deserve to start a final.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Homecoming at the RDS

The victorious Leinster team which won its second Heineken Cup earlier today will return to the RDS tomorrow (Sunday).

All supporters are encouraged to come down and join in the celebrations from 3.30pm.

There will be live music, match highlights and children’s entertainment.

Access is via gate G (Simmonscourt Road) and Gate H (Anglesea Road) only and all activity will takes place on the Grandstand side of the ground - admission is free.

The area behind the Anglesea Stand is closed due to other events scheduled for the RDS

this has been put back an hour to 4.30

http://twitter.com/#!/leinsterrugby/status/72205791121244160

Gives people a chance to watch the U20s game in Wanderers at 3 first!

garret fitzgeralds state funeral is on at 2.30 in donnybrook.

its a good idea not to have the two overlapping.

Just thinking, at the rate things are going now the recession will by a distant memory by autumn :D
    Leinster win the Heineken
    Leinster Munster Magners Final
    Queen Visits Ireland
    Obama will be here
    Jedward do well in the eurovision (despite their lack of singing abilities)
    And we still have a world cup to win :p

Good times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Sorry if this has already been highlighted

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3824_6945447,00.html

Personally I think its a good idea and Kearney was untouchable last time he played on hard South African pitches

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I was just thinking about this today, how he could get back to match fitness. It would be great for him and hopefully he can find a bit of form over there!

Plus he could kick the ball the length of the field in the thin air stadia , which the Saffers seem to find more exciting then tries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

bit harsh id say they run the ball more in south african rugby than they do in irish rugby

• Advertisement

roycon wrote: »
    bit harsh id say they run the ball more in south african rugby than they do in irish rugby

They probably do but they love(and completely over rate) the guys with the big boots e.g. Morne and Frans Steyn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement