Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

We should let them play for 50 minutes this time as a little experiment.:D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Pre-Season 'friendly' against Northampton! 26th August. Should be interesting!

http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/news/7678.php

Good choice of dates for getting decent numbers of travelling fans, day before the England warm up game. pretty good test for non international Leinster players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

durkadurka wrote: »
    We should let them play for 50 minutes this time as a little experiment.:D

Might be a closer game then. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

copacetic wrote: »
    Good choice of dates for getting decent numbers of travelling fans, day before the England warm up game. pretty good test for non international Leinster players.
    I notice that the venue is TBC are Leinster thinking about having it in the RDS if they there could be a big crowd over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

There's hardly going to be many travelling fans for a pre-season friendly between severely weakened teams. And I would bet it's going to be in Donnybrook.

I went along to the Wasps friendly last year not realising it was €20 to get into the terrace. Definitely won't be going at that price this time around.

Edit - and on the issue of coporate boxes, imo it would be short sighted in the extreme to ignore it. Revenues are way down now, but Dawson continually talks about how Leinster are in the RDS for the long term, In 3 years, 5 years, whatever, it could be an excellent revenue stream again.

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »
    There's hardly going to be many travelling fans for a pre-season friendly between severely weakened teams. And I would bet it's going to be in Donnybrook.

I went along to the Wasps friendly last year not realising it was €20 to get into the terrace. Definitely won't be going at that price this time around.
    Its the day before an Ireland England match. That means there will be xx thousand English fans in Dublin and a good number of them might be willing to see a replay of the HEC final even if it is weakened teams. Especially if Leinster is decent about the prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

It really should be free to season ticket holders if in Donnybrook - like the A games. It would be a nice gesture especially after all the expense incurred by Leinster fans at the end of the season with the knockout games not part of the season ticket.

Also, if they get a big crowd and heavily promote merchandise, I bet they could close to recover the cost of free admission on merchandise sales alone. They could capitalize on the buzz of a nice summer evening and the post Heineken high and make a few quid.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Edit - and on the issue of coporate boxes, imo it would be short sighted in the extreme to ignore it. Revenues are way down now, but Dawson continually talks about how Leinster are in the RDS for the long term, In 3 years, 5 years, whatever, it could be an excellent revenue stream again.

The point of my post was that it's the day before Ireland v England. Many fans would head along to it at the right price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

copacetic wrote: »
    The point of my post was that it's the day before Ireland v England. Many fans would head along to it at the right price.

Yeah you're right, I had it in my head we were playing England away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

Not that it means anything, but the new players have been added into the profiles section on the Leinster site, and the departing players have been removed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

jolley123 wrote: »
    Not that it means anything, but the new players have been added into the profiles section on the Leinster site, and the departing players have been removed.

Yeah, saw that. Don't think there was anything too surprising in there but did notice it confirms Sheriff is gone. Also, Shawe has been retained seemingly which I'm glad to see. Bit of a fairy tale there really. Working in a dentist's practice and playing with the boys a year ago and now he's a pro rugby player with a few HEC appearances and a winner's medal in his pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

GerM wrote: »
    Yeah, saw that. Don't think there was anything too surprising in there but did notice it confirms Sheriff is gone. Also, Shawe has been retained seemingly which I'm glad to see. Bit of a fairy tale there really. Working in a dentist's practice and playing with the boys a year ago and now he's a pro rugby player with a few HEC appearances and a winner's medal in his pocket.

I met him at the open day, seemed like a really nice guy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

It looks empty without Stan Wright

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Who will be 3rd/4th choice number 9 behind Reddan and Boss? Leinster haven't signed anyone to replace POD (yet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

Who will be 3rd/4th choice number 9 behind Reddan and Boss? Leinster haven't signed anyone to replace POD (yet).

John Cooney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

jolley123 wrote: »

I guess I am missing a bit of news or something but where is Dominic Ryan, has he gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Thanos wrote: »
    I guess I am missing a bit of news or something but where is Dominic Ryan, has he gone??

They dont seem to have updated the academy lads who have signed full contracts. (Ryan, Cooney, Madigan, McKinley).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Do leinster have two developing Outhalfs called Ian?

Because if they do... add on Ian Keatley and Ian Humpreys.... Something fishy there... ;)

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Do leinster have two developing Outhalfs called Ian?

Because if they do... add on Ian Keatley and Ian Humpreys.... Something fishy there... ;)
    yep madigan and mckinley are both ians

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

yep madigan and mckinley are both ians

Haha thats just odd.

• Advertisement

Leinster to play the Melbourne Rebels in 19th August - now theres a pre season game I'll go and see!

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/8166.php

Leinster set to face Rebels & Saints...

Leinster Rugby will face Super 15 franchise the Melbourne Rebels and fellow Heineken Cup finalists, Northampton Saints in Donnybrook ahead of the start of the RaboDirect PRO12 campaign...

The visit of the Australian side who boast a string of Wallaby internationals on their roster including the likes of Sam Cordingley, Stirling Mortlock, England’s Danny Cipriani as well as former Leinster second row Adam Byrnes will provide Leinster with a strong test before welcoming the Saints to Donnybrook a week later in what will be a replay of this year’s memorable Heineken Cup final. Commenting on the province’s pre-season plans, Leinster Coach Joe Schmidt said: “These two high-profile games, against top class opposition, will be very challenging which is ideal leading into the PRO12 campaign.
    “Melbourne are a new franchise with high ambitions who boast a strong array of young and experienced talent.
    “We know all about Northampton’s many qualities from their performances both in their domestic league and in Europe last year and both sides will provide us with a real test as we look to integrate some of our new signings into the panel ahead of the start of the PRO12.”
    Leinster are delighted to announce that news of record Season Ticket sales for the coming season (covering 17 matches in the RaboDirect PRO12 league, Heineken Cup and British & Irish Cup, but not the two pre-season friendlies) have already passed the 13,000 mark.
    Tickets for both friendlies will go on sale this Friday at 10am from www.leinsterrugby.ie and Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.
    Friday, 19th August: Leinster v Melbourne Rebels (Donnybrook, 7pm)
    Friday, 26th August: Leinster v Northampton Saints (Donnybrook, 7pm)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Will the Rebels not be a steaming pile of Manure without their internationals?

Makes a change from the usual. We'll have a b team out too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

TICKET PRICES:

Adult Stand: €20
    Child Stand: €10
    Adult Terrace: €10
    Child Terrace: €5

*Season Ticket Holders will be able to avail of a special offer for each game of four tickets for the price of three*

For those looking for prices earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

durkadurka wrote: »
    The visit of the Australian side who boast a string of Wallaby internationals on their roster including the likes of Sam Cordingley, Stirling Mortlock, England’s Danny Cipriani as well as former Leinster second row Adam Byrnes will provide Leinster with a strong test before welcoming the Saints to Donnybrook a week later in what will be a replay of this year’s memorable Heineken Cup final.

Christ, Adam Byrnes...

He's made 29 Super 15 appearances, according to his profile on the Rebels website; the next time anyone tries to argue that the players in the Super 15 are better than in the HC or even the ML, they're getting that stat thrown in their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭smurphy29

Christ, Adam Byrnes...

He's made 29 Super 15 appearances, according to his profile on the Rebels website; the next time anyone tries to argue that the players in the Super 15 are better than in the HC or even the ML, they're getting that stat thrown in their face.

I think that's over two or more seasons... the teams have played 16 matches so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Christ, Adam Byrnes...

That bad was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

smurphy29 wrote: »
    I think that's over two or more seasons... the teams have played 16 matches so far this season.

And if not for injury he wouldn't even be on the bench of the worst team in the competition. A totally brainless comment given that he couldn't even get a professional contract until Leinster signed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

TICKET PRICES:

Adult Stand: €20
    Child Stand: €10
    Adult Terrace: €10
    Child Terrace: €5

*Season Ticket Holders will be able to avail of a special offer for each game of four tickets for the price of three*

For those looking for prices earlier

For a friendly? Thats taking the mick

• Advertisement

The terrace is grand

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement