Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

i thought he was coaching skerries and playing for belvo?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

durkadurka wrote: »
    i thought he was coaching skerries and playing for belvo?

Well he definitely played for Skerries!

Probably dual-registered or something, I don't understand how that system works

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Word is that Willis has been offered a short term contract during the WC.
    Would love to see him get a shot again, always thought he had a bit of potential, however, surely Cooney has to be #1 if Boss goes to the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Horgan is out until some time around Autumn with a knee injury, according to RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I don't think Kidney will bring both Boss and Reddan (although my SHs for the WC would be Boss, Reddan and Murray). In that case I would have 1. Boss 2. Cooney 3. AN Other (Willis if the rumours are to be believed).

Cooney has to be trusted above whoever is signed on a short term contract. It would be a real kick in the nuts if he wasn't given a proper shot. Great player as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Might see McGrath get some time, Fitzgerald played for Leinster the season after the 06 senior cup win and from what was seen of McGrath, he could be very good. I'm not sure if he's up to professional level yet, but I though McGrath was just as impressive this year if not more than Fitzgerald was in 06.

RMD wrote: »
    Might see McGrath get some time, Fitzgerald played for Leinster the season after the 06 senior cup win and from what was seen of McGrath, he could be very good. I'm not sure if he's up to professional level yet, but I though McGrath was just as impressive this year if not more than Fitzgerald was in 06.

SH is a different kettle of fish to wing though.
    I agree though I'd like to see McGrath to see a bit of what all the fuss is about. Never seen him play, is he really that promising?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

wixfjord wrote: »
    I agree though I'd like to see McGrath to see a bit of what all the fuss is about. Never seen him play, is he really that promising?

True. It'd be good to see him get a couple of B&I cup appearances though. Still would hate to see too much expectation weigh him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Best SH I've seen at schools level by a long way, O'Donoughe was a good player back in 06 but McGrath completely outclassed him this year in comparison I think. Pretty built for a SH. Captained the U18s to their European championship this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0425/1224295408170.html

this will go some way to answering your question

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

roycon wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0425/1224295408170.html

this will go some way to answering your question

that just says he is a good kicker.

also england had a jubb and sisi playing for them :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Anyone pick up the Heiniken Cup 2011 DVD yet? Think it was released yesterday? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 coylerwhaa

clsmooth wrote: »
    Anyone pick up the Heiniken Cup 2011 DVD yet? Think it was released yesterday? Any good?
    It got slated on Leinsterfans, crappy hIghlights of group games, quarters & semi. Full final on disc 2 & then poor interviews, generally low quality effort, apparently.
    Probably still get it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

coylerwhaa wrote: »
    It got slated on Leinsterfans, crappy hIghlights of group games, quarters & semi. Full final on disc 2 & then poor interviews, generally low quality effort, apparently.
    Probably still get it though

Sounds like a replica of the 2009 version which could be picked up within a year for a fiver. Hold your nerve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

clsmooth wrote: »

I have it.

The first disc i.e. highlights of group and QF and SF are terrible. Just the tries basically and often not even showing adequate build up to the tries. No turning point moments like Healy's charge down the wing against Tolouse etc..

Disc 2 is the final with a small amount of build up from sky.

I'm sending mine out to a friend in Melbourne. The plan was to replace my copy but seeing as i have the final on my tv box in full i'll be in very little hurry to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kennedmc

For fook sake - how hard is it to a do a simple highlights package?

5 - 10 mins each for the group games, 15 - 20 mins for qtr and semi final and 30 - 40 mins fo the final Thats all I want! (Would be nice to have a bonus DVD of the full final). Anyone else agree?

I remember buying the Ireland grand Slam DVD which was complete rubbish. Fancy angles of the tries for the games (that's all) and then the Wales match in full - sh!te.

I though the Leinster one in 09 was good from what I remember. Maybe the same muppets that did the Ireland one are now doing the Leinster one

2009 DVD was pure ****e aswell. The book was far better.
    Do LR have anything to do with the making of this?

A good highlights package, peppered with interviews with players and some behind the scenes stuff, as well as a second DVD of the final with post game celebrations would be brilliant, pity this seems to be poor.

Can't understand why they rush it and make it ****e! The company who made the programme for RTE post GS (think they make one for the GAA every year too) would be perfect, but the ideal would be a sort of toned down "America's Game" (the NFL doc) for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

+1

The 09 book was fantastic, I still flick through it every now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

was thinking about getting it but wanted to wait and see if it was just the same crap as the last dvd.

Them eejits could learn a few tricks from the boys at rugby dump when it comes to highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

A good highlights package, peppered with interviews with players and some behind the scenes stuff, as well as a second DVD of the final with post game celebrations would be brilliant, pity this seems to be poor.

Can't understand why they rush it and make it ****e! The company who made the programme for RTE post GS (think they make one for the GAA every year too) would be perfect, but the ideal would be a sort of toned down "America's Game" (the NFL doc) for the season.

Why can't companies look at the NFL videos.

Id love a "Americas Game" styled DVD for the Heinekin Cup

• Advertisement

Give it a month or so you'll get it for a tenner in supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I posted my copy to Melbourne today.

A replacement wont be soon or for much expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

ajeffares wrote: »
    +1

The 09 book was fantastic, I still flick through it every now and again.

got a copy, thought it was very ordinary.

it was stocking filler fodder if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

That would be a much higher budget job, it involves one of the best production companies around and a very good director, more filming players in a studio, with a top quality crew as well as a lot of post production on offline and online editing (colour grades, sound mixes etc). As much as we'd all love it, I think they'll always take the easy way out and just make a DVD of footage that is there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

So, get the DVD or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

So, get the DVD or not?

There's probably more on youtube if the above reports are anything to go by!

Jamie heaslip doing q and a on twitter until 10.30 this morn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Heaslip and Kearney on Miriam's couch....you know, if you're into that sort of thing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Heaslip reeks of future captain. Extremely comfortable in front of the camera in comparison to Kearney who is quite nervous. Very polished with the media in a manner similar to BOD.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement