Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Term Illness / Benefit & Work

Options
  • 13-04-2010 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I hope this is ok with the mods if it is not please delete.
    I have posted in the State Benefits Forum about long term illness, social welfare and work. I would be very grateful of any suggestions or advice as to what to do. I have been told to either send in a P45 or go back on to full time sick after working part time for the past two and a half years under an exemption to the rules of Illness Benefit. I have a debilitating illness since 2006 and as a result of this I almost topped myself in the summer of 2007. With support from my wonderful wife and my family I came back from doing something awful. I then applied to go back to work part time, to help me mentally. I can only manage to work part time physically at the moment as I am still undergoing treatment and do hope to return to work full time if I can. Citizens Info said I would be better off if I did stop working and claim all the other benefits, allowences, medical card etc that are available to me. I cant do this for my sanity and my doctor is reluclant to give me a final cert as she says I still have some way to go in my treatment regeim. Any advice suggestions or experiences would be very much appreciated.
    Many thanks, Roy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Did you think about volunteering until you are back to yourself again? i am in a different boat to you in that I was made redundant but I do know the feeling that my head needs to be contributing or doing something constructive for my sanity.
    I signed up with a load of courses with Fás and I am also volunteering at a dog shelter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 billiejean123

I would like to try working and I've been out on Illness Benefit for 9 months now. If I apply for an exemption to work do the DOSP keep writing to see me and assess me? I've been assessed twice now in the 9 months.

Advertisement