Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way post 5kg back to Ireland

Options
  • 13-04-2010 4:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the cheapest way to post between 5 and 8 kg back to Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Does anyone know what the cheapest way to post between 5 and 8 kg back to Ireland?

You can send a 1 x 8kg box back via Aus Post for cheap enogh (see options below)

attachment.php?attachmentid=110640&stc=1&d=1271149965

I doubt the other carriers will offer you much more off but try Seven Seas www.sevenseasworldwide.com

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Air mail would be the best cheap option, obviously sea mail is cheaper, but god the time it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Mellor wrote: »
    Air mail would be the best cheap option, obviously sea mail is cheaper, but god the time it takes.

How long does sea mail take do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mismatch

2-3 months! Sea mail's only really viable if you're going travelling for a few months before you go home, and want to send some of your stuff home first to lighten the load.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Mismatch wrote: »
    2-3 months! Sea mail's only really viable if you're going travelling for a few months before you go home, and want to send some of your stuff home first to lighten the load.

Thanks its only crap anyway sh?t the girlfriend wont throw out i would gladly dump it all!! Prob send my sea so!! save a few bob for beer!! Two nights left in oz going booze it right up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

How long does sea mail take do you know?

I went to Auspost with a 3kg package, they asked if I wanted airmail, I said no, they gave me the price for seamail and I went with that

and they stuck on a airmail sticker - yay

this happened a few times, but a 5kg would be pricey

Advertisement