Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kathyrn Thomas in for Tubbs.

• 13-04-2010 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

I listened to Kathyrn Thomas in for Tubs yesterday with a certain amount of foreboding.

Her first guest was Anita Notaro ex RTE who proceeded to fill the first section of the programme with the 'I' word I I I I I I I I ...that's all I heard from her for a full half hour.That's all I ever hear from that woman, talk about self centered!!!

Hopefully Kat won't flood the prog. with the people she wants to give a plug to and the little favours she wants to repay.

The Flutt. will listen with interest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Had half an ear on the show today, made no impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I heard her filling in a few weeks ago. At first I thought it was Evelyn O'Rourke, dont know why, I think she just sounds a bit like her. Thought she did a good job. Makes you wonder why we are paying a fortune to Tubridy for an hour fluff piece every day and two hours of mediocre TV presenting.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Plowman wrote: »

But he doesn't have morons on discussing the cut of jeans for an hour.

painful, very very painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ntlbell wrote: »
    But he doesn't have morons on discussing the cut of jeans for an hour.painful, very very painful.

I've heard worse conversations when Tubridy is on it. Brings in Paddy Cullivan (Clint Velour), Amanda Brunker, Joe O'Shea, Fiona Looney... and other RTE hang ons... to discuss whether women should breastfeed children and the like. Rest of the time he fawns all over his guests.

Like I said already, it's very difficult to justify paying Tubridy a million euros for this hour of daily filler and the LLS. Give the job to Kathryn, she seems like a nice girl worthy of a shot, and what is hardly a flagship program for RTE (not like Kenny or liveline).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Shes so annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

She gets right on my wick nyway. Can't listen to her at all - can't watch her on TV either...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

She's not running perfect but I've been wondering if was her lack of experience in such a roll, in such a programme and on such a medium. Still listening in with some interest in her progress.

But begobs her voice was just the tonic when, with shock and horror, I heard Hector over in G. Ryan's seat. I only stopped short of sticking crossants in my ears while fiddling dial away from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

He's still writing it Plowman. He mentioned it a few days ago. He was saying that he enjoys doing his work in the local library (I guess that where your local library is would have quite a bearing on this:pac:).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Tubridy irks the living daylights out of me.

He has some interesting discussions but his stoppy-starty way of talking drives me bonkers. The problem is for someone in the sthicks like me there is little other choice for morning radio as G.R and R.D are on a par or worse in annoying me.

She seemed to be a breath of fresh air or maybe it was the change that was nice

Advertisement