Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lights not working but fuse not tripped?

Options
  • 13-04-2010 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I changed a light switch yesterday and now the lights in another room are not working even though there are no tripped fuses. Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kavsmdf

Light bulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

I'm not that bad - checked the bulbs - there is also a fan in one room which is on ther same switch as one of the lights and this isn't working either - I think the two lights and the fan are all on the same circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kavsmdf

Well maybe the new switch could have some issues? If you're really stuch, put the old switch back on, and see if it works then. Probably something very simple like a loose wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I'm guessing all your switches on that circuit are looped together and either have a loose connection at your switch or have wired it wrong. What cables do you have at the switch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

crank_1975 wrote: »
    I changed a light switch yesterday and now the lights in another room are not working even though there are no tripped fuses. Any ideas anyone?

Probably mixed up switch wires that loop onto next rooms, try switching on the light you replaced the switch for and see do the lights in other rooms work then. If not then maybe you did`t connect back in all wires that were in the original switch, or did`t connect them properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Sounds like the loop at the back of the switch hasn't been maintained with the new switch.

Advertisement