Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving test nerves

• 13-04-2010 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi all I have my driving test friday second time sitting it, I feel sick everytime I think about it my instructor says i can get if I keep the concentration and get the reverse around the corner (it's 50-50!!)

anybody got any calm me down tips or funny stories :)

Thanks FC :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Rescue Remedy - I used it - was so nervous I drank the bottle oops :rolleyes:

My car broke down the night before mine so I borrowed a friends peugeot - a car I hate cause I crashed one a year to the day before :(

I had a pre test right before mine and just about knocked this doddery auld one over but didnt :) Couldnt do my 3 point turn and couldnt park for sh1t, my instructor told me I wouldnt pass and that he would see me in a few weeks for more lessons.

Went in - palms soaked and freaking out - myself and the tester dude came out - I opened the bonnet and he started asking questions, I kinda pointed randomly (correctly too) at things and we got into the car - every time I changed gear I touched his leg (big man and small cars dont go together) He then went on to talk to me, I had been told not to talk to him so I ignored him for a while then started chatting away.

When he told me I passed I started crying :rolleyes:

Youll be grand op, its only a driving test remember - its not the end of the world :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

fairycakes wrote: »
    Hi all I have my driving test friday second time sitting it, I feel sick everytime I think about it my instructor says i can get if I keep the concentration and get the reverse around the corner (it's 50-50!!)

anybody got any calm me down tips or funny stories :)

Thanks FC :)

Is your test with the RSA or SGS?

I did the test about a year after I started driving, and failed. I didn't really give a crap then though, because it was before the L-driver law came in and I carried on driving as normal. But as soon as the law came in I whipped off the L plates (bold I know) and booked myself another test. The second time around was with the SGS, I liked them because they weren't as sterile. They even had sweeties on their desk for us :pac:

I wasn't really nervous or anything, because Id been driving a while then and I am confident with my driving. I just had to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's just while being tested, and it worked 0/

Best of luck on Friday btw, you'll have to tell us how you get on (:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭fairycakes

Thanks Guys I will get some of that Rescue Remedy and Abitar its
    with RSA I am confident enough but I was shocking nervous the last time
    my left leg was nearing bouncing off the clutch!!!

I will let you know how it goes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

moved from tLL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

SGS hasn't been around for a long time....afaik Abi :P

• Advertisement

Hi sorry why was it moved?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I think Barney Gumble got it spot on "Picture everyone in their underwear" Lol!:D

Na seriously just pretend the examiner is a passenger and any time you hear him marking the sheet just imagine he's doodling!!! Remember a Blue mark could very easily be a Green!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

SGS hasn't been around for a long time....afaik Abi :P

Oh they're still around, just not doing driving tests.
    Hi sorry why was it moved?!!

Because it's more on topic here. :)

Hi guys passed the test :) big relief!!

Cheers
    FC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Hi guys passed the test :) big relief!!
    Cheers
    FC

Congrats!! Time to get you're Pink license now!;)

Thanks guys yeah I was nervous but not half as much as the first time!! I think I just thought feick it I want to pass this test and neves not going stop me and I pretended your man beside me was jesus :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I pretended your man beside me was jesus :)

Haha it's the first time I've ever heard anybody say that!

Congrats, OP!

Advertisement