Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splinter Cell Conviction DRM?

Options
  • 13-04-2010 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Splinter Cell Conviction will have the shifty Ubisoft DRM? I had the sudden realisation that I may not be playing it after all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It does unfortunately. Also, I think you've accidentally put an extra 'f' in that sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think you've accidentally put an extra 'f' in that sentence.

Yep, extra 'f', and missed a 't'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, my iPhone apparently doesn't like me swearing so changed it to an f. What a cant. Oh god damn it!

Thanks though. And I was lookin forward to this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You can add swears to your dictionary in settings.

Also, as a Splinter Cell fanboi, I am really looking forward to this but not the DRM.

Might go the whole buy it then crack it route.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I dont really mind it the DRM tbh. I've been playing through Assassins Creed 2 for the last few days, without any issues whatsoever. Granted, i'd be pissed if my broadband went down, but that only happens a few times a year (if even).

No interest in Splinter Cell though :P
    Might go the whole buy it then crack it route.
    You might be waiting a while for a crack. Their DRM has been surprisingly effective for their recent titles. Assassins Creed 2 was only recently cracked, and its a pretty complicated method.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Not buying it on principle. Shame, as stealth is my favorite genre. I'm glad Thief 4 is not Ubisoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Maximilian wrote: »
    Not buying it on principle. Shame, as stealth is my favorite genre. I'm glad Thief 4 is not Ubisoft.

C130s are stealthy now?

Or is it the shock factor for you when the little AI suddenly sees you fly directly at him screaming "THE BLOOD GOD DEMANDS IT!!!"

Was also going to get it but the DRM can feck off. I actually own all the others and tbh not expecting much from this one gamewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Real sickener about the new Splinter Cell, it seems that they've really nailed a kind of fast paced action orientated stealth. No way ill go near it. My dodgy wireless broadband drops out a few times a day. If I can buy it and an eventual crack gets around that, then Ill be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Is it illegal to get crack for games that have DRM enabled? Obviously this applies to games that you legally own to begin with.

I recently bought Fallout 3 (not sure if it reads from the disk at any stage) and FM10 and it's highly annoying having to change between the two disks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well I guess this is another Ubisoft title I wont be picking up due to the retarded DRM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Is it illegal to get crack for games that have DRM enabled? Obviously this applies to games that you legally own to begin with.
    It may or may not be illegal, but it's definitely not immoral. It's not like you're pirating sleep is death or VVVVVV or something where an individual sale might actually make some kind of difference to the developer-even if you consider cracking what you own to be piracy. I've been cracking my own games for years to save me the hassle of disks.

I personally have no issue with DRM if it can be non-invasive, but Ubisoft's approach seems a bit heavy handed for me. Something like this I'd just end up getting for the xbox anyhow.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

dreamers75 wrote: »
    C130s are stealthy now?

Or is it the shock factor for you when the little AI suddenly sees you fly directly at him screaming "THE BLOOD GOD DEMANDS IT!!!"

Was also going to get it but the DRM can feck off. I actually own all the others and tbh not expecting much from this one gamewise.

They're camouflaged. Obviously.

Advertisement