Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on what plants to buy for hanging baskets & window box...

Options
  • 13-04-2010 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi,

I'm looking for advise on the best plants to buy for hanging baskets, and also for a window box.

Also, would it be okay to do up the hanging baskets this week, or is it too early in the year?

I'm a complete beginner, so...what should I buy?
    I have the hanging baskets, but I need some liners, compost (I'm guessing potting compost?), and of course, some great plants/flowers. I am looking for ones that will look fab and will grow all around the hanging basket, and hang down etc.

For the window box I will need pretty plants/flowers that are quite hardy, as the window box is for a grave :(
    The chances are it wont be watered every day, so any advice on hardy plants would be great.

I don't want to just pop to the local garden centre without knowing what I'm looking for...as they will probably push me towards the more expensive stuff!

Advertisement