Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student nights out in Sligo

Options
  • 13-04-2010 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi, Tried the Sligo IT forum but got no replies.

Heading across to Sligo Wednesday, Thursday night. 3 students.

Just wondering which bars / clubs have the best (or cheapest!) nights on those nights?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Hey Paulanthony,

Not a student there anymore but I dont think things have changed to much since I left there.
    The main pubs
    The Brewery - This located right beside the college, cheap booze and a bit of craic for starting the night off.
    The Leitrim - This is the main student spot. Located on the mall, 15mins walk away from the college. Any student will be able to give ya directions. Seriously cheap drink, blaring loud music, huge pub. Expect to get at least one drink spilled over ya if your not careful:)
    O Neills - This is located next door to The Leitrim, usually a bit quiter and is a good spot.
    Shenanigans - This is a serious pub. Located just around the corner from the Leitrim/O Neills. It was renovated two years ago and is huge now. Drink may be more expensive here tho.

The clubs
    Toffs - located jst across the river from Shenanigans. This is a good nightclub and is really busy with students now I think.
    Velvet Room - This club has just recently started opening on student nights. It is a really good nightclub but id say its expensive. Just opposite Toffs.
    The Clarence- This is the alternative club. Located just 5 mins away from the other 2. I think they do good drink offers and have decent music.

Enjoy the nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

The Clarence is the spot these days for student nights out, weds night theres a beach party and Thursday is 2 euro night. (2 euro entrance, and some drinks 2 euro).

Music in the Clarence is also the best by a long shot.

Advertisement