Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Online and the second SOS meeting Glasshouse Thurs Night

Options
  • 13-04-2010 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

OK, Firstly I am asking as many of you who can arrange your week so as to make the Glasshouse meeting on Thurs night to please do so and attend. I especially would like to ask those Sligo Boardsies who hold knowledgeable opinions on IT, Broadband etc to attend, you know who you are:). I feel it is very important that especially those who work within the sector or are heavy users of the net should attend.

I believe this because it is almost sure that Sligo will be the first Town/place in Ireland with a free wi-fi broadband service and it is very likely this will be operational within months.

I have no association with any provider or really have no vested interest in any organisation associated with this concept.

The contract for this service has not been awarded to Fastcom although IMO they will be the ones awarded the contract. If this service is activated then there will be national/international media coverage of Sligo.

There are a number of other ideas being acted on and which will be applied within weeks. One of these should result in hundreds of hanging flower baskets throughout Sligo. The Fair Dealers org is looking to cut through the historical sh1te and get some results. Please support, contribute, query or just attend and listen on Thursday night. We all know how Sligo is suffering and how many of us have lost jobs etc, we also know just how badly our town has been administered by the various powers over the years. It is now time to try and change things. This meeting is part of that, please attend,

Amen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

do we have a time for when this starts or a link please, might be interested in going along

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Sorry, I should have said, it is at 8pm and thanks for your interest, please come along.

Advertisement