Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vancouver for the year - Places to stay, jobs!

Options
  • 13-04-2010 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi everybody!! Myself and my gf are heading to Vancouver in September for 12 months!! Has anybody been there or are there at the moment. My main question is for best regions to stay in? Also if you have any good job searching methods which you've tried and succeeded with!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

Hi mikey, I know it's been a while since you've posted this - but I thought I might give you some tips!
    I've just returned from three years in Vancouver. I really really loved it. I started off in Toronto but quickly moved over to the East coast. You aand your gf are just going to have a blast there. There are quite alot of Irish over there, so you'll have plenty of 'family' to meet. Vancouver is an amazing city to live in, they love the outdoors, great hiking, skiing and the amazing seawall which is gorgeous to stroll around.
    Anyway, if you have any questions let me know and I'll do my best to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

Oh sorry best areas to live in are:
    Kitsilano, West End, West Broadway, English Bay, downtown, Yaletown.
    North shore is really pretty but a bit awkward to get to..
    I had no problem finding a job, but to be honest, things have got alot more difficult in the last three years. What line of work are you and your girlfriend in? Maybe I could give you some ideas of areas to look in..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikeyj

Thanks a lot, good info there. I'm qualified in civil eng recently and she's qualified in construction management. Experience in our fields is lacking but to be honest the job isn't the main thing, anything at all will do for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Hey TheScriptFan,

That was a nice long stint in Vancouver! Mind if I ask what line of work you were in....and what made you come home?

Mikeyj, you might find some useful info/tips here: http://paddysaway.com/living-in-Vancouver.php

Advertisement