Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recommend a course for two very different students please.

• 13-04-2010 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,
    I am looking for a recomendation for a digital photgraphy course for myself and my dad in dublin ( preferably on the south or west side)
    I have a canon 40D and he has a nikon d90
    I've had mine for a couple of years and am fairly familiar with the functions and can do the basics on photoshop (basic layers etc) but I never learned the basics of how to compose a good pic.
    Dad has only just got his digital, has no expierence of pc editing but is computer savvy and a quick learner.He had a slr for years and takes a great photo. He built a darkkroom years ago and did a lot of cool effects on his photos so he needs someone to explain how to do the same on the pc.
    We're both self starters so we just need someone to say you can do such and such and we are happy to go away and figure out how to do it, we just don't know what the potential of our cameras are.
    Can anyone recommend a course please?
    Although I admit our needs from a course are quite different, we'd compromise to do a class together.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Have a look at IOP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mahogony

thanks will do

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

You could also check out Camera Clubs which are local to you. Membership will cost a lot less than any course. You will be able to learn from the other members in a more informal & practical way than a course. There is a list of Irish Camera Clubs HERE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

Currently doing a course in marino college, would definately recommend it. its only one night a week for 2 hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Rathmines senior college run night courses in photo shop - basic stuff but found it very good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement