Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The West Wing: Complete Box Set - Seasons 1 - 7 (44 Discs) - €45.49 delivered [Play]

• 13-04-2010 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

12208778x.jpg
    Buy it @ Play
    * Includes previously unavailable enhanced content on two bonus discs!
    * Bonus Disc 1:
    * Series 1:
    * The Primaries
    * The Inauguration
    * Capital Beat
    * Sheet Music
    * Gag Order
    * The West Wing Suite
    * Off the Record
    * Series 2:
    * 'Constructing Two Cathedrals' featurette
    * Access Granted
    * Gag Order
    * Deleted scenes
    * Easter Egg (hidden feature
    * Series 3:
    * A Property Master's Story
    * The Chief of Stuff
    * Documentary
    * Deleted scenes
    * Bonus Disc 2:
    * Series 4:
    * Behind Every Good Man....Is the First Lady
    * The Letter of the Word
    * Outtakes
    * Easter Eggs (hidden features)
    * Series 5:
    * In POTUS We Trust, Gaza: Anatomy of an episode
    * Political Missteps from Slow News Day
    * Eppur Si Muove
    * Memorial Day
    * Easter Egg (hidden feature)
    * Series 6:
    * C.J. Gregg: From Press Secretary to Chief of Staff
    * Easter Egg: a conversation with John Spencer
    * Series 7:
    * Live from the Director's Chair: A multi-angle view from the truck as the director calls the live debate episode
    * Countdown to West Wing Live: a behind-the-scenes featurette
    diagram

1112960Large.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

F you basquille, F you. I'm broke because of you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

aaf wrote: »
    F you basquille, F you. I'm broke because of you;)

+1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Oooooooooh, so tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Heard so much about this, some say boring some say truly engaging, almost picked it up in HMV a while back and at 45euro I think I am going to have to!..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Best 45 you'll spend on a box set

Bar none

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

And to think I spent nearly 45 per season when I bought this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Have watched this series from start to finish at least 4 times. For me, it was the best tv show ever bar none. Great bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Me too! :(

Best 45 you'll spend on a box set

Bar none

Absolutely!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Ron DMC wrote: »

I can beat this. I bought Season 1 Part 1 in HMV for 40 old pounds, and paid the same for Part 2 about a month later. I have all the seasons on my shelf right now, but they're all different sizes and shapes and my OCD is compelling me to buy the box set.

Anything on here that's unique to the set, or - worse - anything I'm going to lose by getting rid of the original sets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Ludo wrote: »
    Have watched this series from start to finish at least 4 times. For me, it was the best tv show ever bar none. Great bargain.

+1.........any West Wing fans currently looking for a replacement for their WW fix would do well to invest in the House DVDs...............

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I was always under the impression that the post-Sorkin seasons sucked. Am I wrong?

I was always under the impression that the post-Sorkin seasons sucked. Am I wrong?

5 and 6 did get pretty bad in some places, but 7 was a great season. And West Wing having a bad season still beats most of the drek on TV these days hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Bought this about 2 years ago and still haven't watched it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Very good program, I still haven't finished the last season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

The first 4-5 eps of season 5 were pretty bad, but it improved after, the overall quality of the seasons may not have been as good as seasons 2-4, they are still excellent though, but there are some gems of episodes in there to make up for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I honestly think that Basq is single handily trying to break me, why is he posting so many great DVD/BluRay bargains? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Clareman wrote: »
    I honestly think that Basq is single handily trying to break me, why is he posting so many great DVD/BluRay bargains? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Single handled, he's responsible for my recession....I love it though! All I need is some of that 10cent Czech beer to wash this down with!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Once I've finished watching The West Wing, Lord of the Rings and Chuck, as well as finished playing with my new In hte Movies camera for the Xbox and come back from checking out PC World in Sligo, I shall be writing a carefully worded email to the government explaining how they should give him a job doing something

I think it's pretty obvious basquille already works for the govt trying to get us to spend our way of this recession. Although nobody told him that would only work if we were spending our money in Irish shops and not on Play, Amazon and theHut :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Brought this early last year and watched it all in 10 days. Loved it and have to say probably the best box set ever. Also managed to meet the cast in washington dc 7 years ago when they were filming the inaurgation of season 3. Class people and class tv show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mickb85

Currently £34.99 on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

mickb85 wrote: »
    Currently £34.99 on Amazon.

Was just coming on to say this. Feckin bought this yesterday on Play after seeing this post. Priced it on Amazon, The Hut & a few more before buying it from Play & it was way more - feckin typical.. Logged onto Play first thing & they'd already shipped it, so can't even cancel the order!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just arrived this morning. Wasn't expecting it for weeks with the volcano trouble.

My secret shame of being a TV Mod who has never seen a single episode of the West Wing will soon be a thing of the past. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    Just arrived this morning. Wasn't expecting it for weeks with the volcano trouble.

My secret shame of being a TV Mod who has never seen a single episode of the West Wing will soon be a thing of the past. :)
    I ordered off Amazon.. and they said they'd despatch it towards the end of this week.

I will admit that I've seen the first 5 seasons but never got around to finishing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Just ordered it myself...great deal at that price :) Thanks again Bargin Hunters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Enjoy it dude-I'm actually jealous!! Dont be suprised if you find yourself wishing Jeb was the real actual president of US! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Got mine too, gonna finish Mad Men Season 3 first though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

At checkout on Amazon after postage it's saying it's £38.30 which is about €45.85. so not much of a saving buying here than from Play.com

Update: that had £2 extra for shipping so I dropped that off and it was better.

Advertisement