Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

tyre pressure for 93 fiat ducato?

• 13-04-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

what tyre pressure should have in my fiat ducato 1993 camper van ?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The pressure rating should be on the door sill, or use the rating on the tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jadatis

You can calculate it with spreadsheet I made with use of the same formula, the car-and tyre-manufacturers in Europe use
    http://cid-a526e0eee092e6dc.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/pressurecalculationwithtemp.xls
    If there are questions , ask them here.
    Mind that the front axle seldomly gets overloaded, the rear-axle almost always. So calculate with a load-percentage Front 95% to 100% and rear-axle 85% to 90% using the Gross Axle weight Ratings ( GAWR).
    You only have to collect some data of your tyres and car.

Afterward you can see what the inside-tyre-temperature does to the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

what???????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jadatis

You can yust calculate it.
    But if you have the same Fiat Ducato 14 as I had as camper,
    With Gross axle weight ratings Front 1550 kg and rear 1700kg
    and tyres 185/75 R 14 with load index 102/100 wich means 850 kg max load per tyre for single load. the advice of the factory would be
    4 bar front and 4.5 bar rear( in case "at 450kpa"on tire side wall). My advice for rear would be higher say 10% more for rear. But if the load realy goes over the GAWR rear you may not drive faster then 100 km/h with 5% overload and 80km/h with 10% overload.
    But ask me more then "What?????" , give me details

Greatings
    Peter from Holland

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

thanks i think!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement