Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakins In Eden Gate

Options
  • 13-04-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

There is a spate of Breakins in Eden Gate in the last month/six weeks -disturbed and saw a guy in the Church View/Church Avenue area last night. Gardai were called but they had a good look around but no luck. My wife and youngest were up at the time it could have been a lot worse.

Keep an eye out for these reprobates the only way to stop them is them doing some time for their crime.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

When you say disturbed the guy do you mean he was attempting to break into a house when you saw him? We saw the Gardai looking around and climbing along the fences between church view & church avenue and wondered if they were looking for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

I saw him attempting to jemmy open another door on Church Ave when I called the Gardai. My wife was up at the time and when he tried to force open our back door the blinds on the inside moved.

The Gardai were there in 10/15 mins and searched most of the gardens they said they heard someone but as far as I know they didnt manage to flush him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Ciaranpm wrote: »
    I saw him attempting to jemmy open another door on Church Ave when I called the Gardai. My wife was up at the time and when he tried to force open our back door the blinds on the inside moved.

The Gardai were there in 10/15 mins and searched most of the gardens they said they heard someone but as far as I know they didnt manage to flush him out.

Did you get a good description of the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Fella in a hurry shuffled through the court that night with a knapsack on his back wearing a hoody. went over the stream to Burnaby Lawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Did you get a good description of the guy

I wish I did but it was very dark.

I have two young children and my wife was in the room at the I am not sure what I would have done if he did get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

I'm glad they didn't manage to break in. It must have been awful to hear them at your door. My husband called the gardai in greystones yesterday to confirm that it was them in our back garden on Monday night. They confirmed that it was but would not give any further information apart from telling him there was nothing to be alarmed about!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Moobui wrote: »
    I'm glad they didn't manage to break in. It must have been awful to hear them at your door. My husband called the gardai in greystones yesterday to confirm that it was them in our back garden on Monday night. They confirmed that it was but would not give any further information apart from telling him there was nothing to be alarmed about!!

You think the Greystones Gards might get off their fat a***s and walk the beat instead of looking for people with open cans of beer on the main street. I was stopped 5 times the other night looking for drink drivers, which is obviously a good thing but with all these break ins, ive never even seen a copper in Charlesland.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Found a big screw driver at the side of the road the other night, looked like it had been placed there. Seemed unusal. Took it home in case someone was planning on using it later. Saw a guard out walking the other night. He was left off at the tennis club. Think he was a yellow packer.

Advertisement