Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing

Options
  • 13-04-2010 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

hi all, the recent spell of great weather makes me wonder is there a chance of a few early mackerel anywhere. Anyone been for a throw yet? I know you could get some early white trout in places but I need to get the license etc sorted first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

the only place i ever caught mackeral was off the pier in rathmullen but that was late on in the summer, if you are interested in deep sea fishing or tope fishing there is the fishing festival on the bank holiday weekend in June? if you are interested in that i caould get you the contact details?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

hi all, the recent spell of great weather makes me wonder is there a chance of a few early mackerel anywhere. Anyone been for a throw yet? I know you could get some early white trout in places but I need to get the license etc sorted first
    NWA, you do not need a licence to fish for trout, coarse species or in the sea. However, if you intend to fish for salmon or seatrout you must have a State Salmon and Sea Trout Fishing Licence, see link here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

tell me this though, does the license issuing office recognize a difference between white trout and seatrout? I have done some more research and it transpires that mackerel might appear in the first 2 weeks of May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

White trout is a localised name for a sea trout (a sea run brown trout).

Advertisement