Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Bolton Wanderers FC 8pm Tuesday 13th April

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

what are we playing at

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Please please please please score Bolton!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Really can't see Bolton scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Sssshhh!!!!
    Jinx and all that;)
    Can't see Bolton scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Can't see Bolton scoring :)

Diarrhea time

No chance Bolton scoring imo

wtf joe

ah bugger, didn't expect chelsea to drop points here anyway.

THANK **** FOR THAT!!!! GET THE **** IN LADS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

All over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Chelsea deserved the win in the end. Could be a very significant result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Good enough for Mourinho :D

Chelsea very close to the title now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

3 points in the bag only 6 more to get now IMO , i'll take 1-0 all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

PUCK YEAHHH!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Job done. 4 points clear :D

Bolton can feel hard done by with the pens

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Delighted , type of game we could of folded in !!! But we didnt , 4 clear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

We will need to up our game to get a result of Spurs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Bolton can feel hard done by

How, 37% possesion and they didn't test Cech once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Looks tighter than it was, Lamps deflection off the post and Joe Coles (Opps I did it again) in front of goal x 2 made it look harder. Onwards to Anfield to wrap up the title :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I get basically no fantasy football points and Chelsea still win. Shíte game.

Lukker- wrote: »
    How, 37% possesion and they didn't test Cech once?

hard done by with two pen decisions

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Looking at the peno incident , I wud like to see the camera angle that the linesman had, looking from behind its 50/50 and have seen them given,

but what matters is this :D

110712.jpg

• Advertisement

Looking at the peno incident , I wud like to see the camera angle that the linesman had, looking from behind its 50/50 and have seen them given,

but what matters is this :D

110712.jpg

Once you remeber that the next time a decision goes against you ;)

Im supporting Chelsea long enough to see plenty of decisions go against us

Seriously were you wathcing the chelsea bolton game it was by no means clear cut, i dont think it hit his arm at all, he stooped down into the ball and it hit his shoulder....

Seriously were you wathcing the chelsea bolton game it was by no means clear cut, i dont think it hit his arm at all, he stooped down into the ball and it hit his shoulder....

First one was clear cut

First one was clear cut

You quoted a picture of the assistant referee slpping his chest shoulder like a silverback, so i assumed you were taking about the picture you quoted, ie the second incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

are you using that image as proof it was a handball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

As a United fan, as much as it pisses me off, I accept that some of the very questionable decisions that have gone chelsea's way this season, whether its penalties given or not given, are just part and parcel of football and sometimes it goes for you, sometimes it doesnt ..

I just know that this will all be forgotten the next time chelsea or Man U get decisions that favour united and we will be back to the whole "united own refs" crap . . Its football, there are no conspiracy's . .

When a league is as close as it is, I think its usually luck that separates evenly matched teams. More often then not, united get that bit of luck (nothing cynical in it), this year its chelsea's turn. Good luck to them, United certainly don't deserve to win the league . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Killinator

Watched the match on ESPN and heard very little but how good Bolton were, they didnt have a single shot on target and never even once troubled Cech!
    The penos, the 1st was stone wall, Drogba thought he was playing volleyball but in fairness to the ref the only person who complained was Wilshire, not even the commentators realised until the second half,
    The 2nd, personally JT was very lucky and probably expected to hear the whistle blow,
    THen the 3rd...for Chelsea when one of the Bolton players patted down a ball to control it late on, barely got a mention,
    Chelsea were the better team and deserved the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Chelsea lucky tonite but were the far better team , the possession stats and attemps on goal tell the full story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Drumpot wrote: »
    As a United fan, as much as it pisses me off, I accept that some of the very questionable decisions that have gone chelsea's way this season, whether its penalties given or not given, are just part and parcel of football and sometimes it goes for you, sometimes it doesnt ..

I just know that this will all be forgotten the next time chelsea or Man U get decisions that favour united and we will be back to the whole "united own refs" crap . . Its football, there are no conspiracy's . .

When a league is as close as it is, I think its usually luck that separates evenly matched teams. More often then not, united get that bit of luck (nothing cynical in it), this year its chelsea's turn. Good luck to them, United certainly don't deserve to win the league . .

It's been United's turn this year too. They've had plenty of lucky decisions. Maybe it evens out, maybe it doesn't, but you're right, they don't deserve the title, though Rooney probably does for keeping them in the race single handedly for this long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

3 points are all that mattered last night IMO, I expected a big score line and to beat Bolton comfortably, but at the end of the day its all worth the same points.

Drogba incident was a handball, JT wasnt, not at all, but saying that JT made it very hard for himself, he could have very easily given away a penalty if he had got it wrong.

Arsenal need to win tonight to keep touch.

Advertisement