Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne v Cork City Foras Co-Op Friday 16th April

• 13-04-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭

Figured there'd be a massive interest on here for this one. Games like this make the graveyard league look that little bit less glamorous. Will there be many Cork fans from here making the journey over? Would imagine the attendance will break our First Division attendance record.

Shelbourne remain unbeaten despite 3 below-par draws, whereas Cork have recovered from an easily explained below-par start to the season to put a few wins together and really put themselves in contention early on for a promotion spot. I'm predicting a draw. Either way this one would definitely be a good game for a neutral supporter or someone looking for a LOI team to support.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Doubt it will break out First Division record attendence tbh, that was up near 2,000 for the games against Dundalk and that famous one against Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd predict us hitting around that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good intersest in Cork for this match, so I expect a fairly good travelling support for City - nothing new there. Strange to hear Shels record First div attendance is so low, afterall ye have been down there so long at this stage I would expect better!. I seem to remember over 4000 for City's first game this year!! On the game itself I think it will be a good game with City winning 2-1 , we really are finding the net in recent games. Happy days!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Good intersest in Cork for this match, so I expect a fairly good travelling support for City - nothing new there. Strange to hear Shels record First div attendance is so low, afterall ye have been down there so long at this stage I would expect better!. I seem to remember over 4000 for City's first game this year!! On the game itself I think it will be a good game with City winning 2-1 , we really are finding the net in recent games. Happy days!

We're competing with Bohs, Rovers and Pats for attendence, all three Premier Teams. Cork have no other team near them apart from Cobh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'd imagine there'll be a good few from down here going up. I reckon we'll nick it 1-0 too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all at Cork City For A Scoop on their first visit to Tolka Park.

I'd like to, but I won't.

Last time we played a team from the second city I abused Peanut Kearney up and down the pitch, now I don't know who the hell any of them are.

I reckon we'll be lucky to get three points, and I actually think we'll lose.

Anyone fancy a few pints before/after the match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Des wrote: »

Last time we played a team from the second city I abused Peanut Kearney up and down the pitch, now I don't know who the hell any of them are.

I'm sure ye'll know Dave Rogers and Greg.;)

Ha, I forgot about them two.

Has Rogers kissed the crest yet?

I've a lot of time for Greg however.

Any of your kits go missing down there, look Rogers way.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

How do i get my hands on one of them free tickets shells are giving out for the match ?

• Advertisement

How do i get my hands on one of them free tickets shells are giving out for the match ?

Nobody gets in free to Tolka since Ollie stepped down, except FAI officials and sponsors of the League or Shelbourne. Kinda ironic question Stu, but sure I'm well aware you were just WUMMING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all at Cork City For A Scoop on their first visit to Tolka Park.

Clever clever :)
    Anyone fancy a few pints before/after the match?

Shame, I had my eye on this one, and am even in Dub this weekend, but due to Stupid Whitney Stupid Houston I cannot make it :mad:

Ive not looked at a league table yet, so have no idea where anyone is or how anyone is doing, so I am going to predict this to be 7 all. I will look at the league table after the first series of games ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Nobody gets in free to Tolka since Ollie stepped down, except FAI officials and sponsors of the League or Shelbourne. Kinda ironic question Stu, but sure I'm well aware you were just WUMMING.

This is kind of like how the Rovers v B*hs rivalrly panned out. They were an irrelevant minor irritant that became enough of an irritiant that we started to react.

You sure about that Gav ? I read that someone got 50 free tickets for your next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Really looking forward to this.

You sure about that Gav ? I read that someone got 50 free tickets for your next game.

Give us a link to where you read it ye!? Your wumming is shocking Stu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

I won't be there but I'm looking forward to seeing photos, no doubt the Shels fans have been busy with their crayons and colouring books in anticipation of our visit.

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    I won't be there but I'm looking forward to seeing photos, no doubt the Shels fans have been busy with their crayons and colouring books in anticipation of our visit.

Are the Bebo Burberry Shams still at your matches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Are the Bebo Burberry Shams still at your matches?
    They were banned, but I think they're after copping on now. Our fans were some of the only fans in the country to acknowledge that there was a "schooligan" problem in the league.

50 sounds about right for players freebies, sponsors and FAI hangers on.

If you are implying Shels are handing out free tickets to get any old backsides on seats, I think you will find only one Dublin club feels the need to do that.

• Advertisement

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    They were banned, but I think they're after copping on now. Our fans were some of the only fans in the country to acknowledge that there was a "schooligan" problem in the league.

Thats gas, because I remember Cawk fans pontificating that they were all angels and all trouble was caused by the away fans.

But we digress. Who would have thought 5 years ago that both clubs would be slugging it out in the 1st after both being fcuked out..... ;)

Sort it out and get promoted the pair of you.

I think you will find only one Dublin club feels the need to do that.

Which "Dublin" club would that be then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

These threads are always good for a laugh, well done all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Gutted to be missing this.

There is always a big game feel when the 2 sides meet.

Should be a good crowd up for this + the exiles.

Prediction 2-1 Shels

There is always a big game feel when the 2 sides meet.

How do you know?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

How do you know?:confused:

Try to imagine that Cork City Foras Co-op is supported by the same people that supported Cork City FC.

Does that make it easier for you?

50 sounds about right for players freebies, sponsors and FAI hangers on.

If you are implying Shels are handing out free tickets to get any old backsides on seats, I think you will find only one Dublin club feels the need to do that.

Shelbourne Football Club are going to observe a minutes silence in respect for Toyosi at their next home game,this Friday April 16th sothey have given up to 50 free match tickets for anyone who would like to attend.

Not my words but taken from somewhere else.

You are absolutely despicable. Absolutely despicable act to bring something like that into this type of discussion.

You reprobate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Thats a shocking thing to say!
    Have you no respect?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Shelbourne Football Club are going to observe a minutes silence in respect for Toyosi at their next home game,this Friday April 16th sothey have given up to 50 free match tickets for anyone who would like to attend.

WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Im a Cork girl exiled in Dublin, if Im staying up this wknd I will try my hardest to get to the match. but if my grant comes, I will probably be going home (to the real capital :D LOL)

Up the rebels. City win 2-1!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

FFS, pineapple stu - either cut out your constant bullshit or you will taking a holiday from the forum.

That's twice you've made shit of a thread by trying to use the death of a young man to push your agenda.

Kindly grow up.

You are absolutely despicable. Absolutely despicable act to bring something like that into this type of discussion.

You reprobate.

Why? it shows that shells gives out free tickets doesnt it when the shells head on here deny they ever do. Shells heads would be quick enough to mention it if it had been Fingal so give it a rest.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    FFS, pineapple stu - either cut out your constant bullshit or you will taking a holiday from the forum.

That's twice you've made shit of a thread by trying to use the death of a young man to push your agenda.

Kindly grow up.

Ive said nothing of a young mans death XAVI. Just mentioned that shels gives out free tickets when shels heads on here deny that they do. No big deal.
    I resent the constant bull**** comment. I post less crap than a lot on here do.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Thats a shocking thing to say!
    Have you no respect?

what , that shells had out free ticket ? personally its a cute move by shels to get more support .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ive said nothing of a young mans death XAVI. Just mentioned that shels gives out free tickets when shels heads on here deny that they do. No big deal.

Yes it is a big deal when you derail threads.

Btw, it's a rule that you don't question a mod decision on thread.
    I resent the constant bull**** comment. I post less crap than a lot on here do.

Saying you post less crap than others is not a valid defence.
    what , that shells had out free ticket ? personally its a cute move by shels to get more support .

FFS are you really implying that Shels are using his death to get more fans in the door by having a minute's silence and giving a few free tickets to his mates so they can attend?

Answer very carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

PS has been on a wind-up (at all clubs) since he started posting here to be honest.
    This is kind of like how the Rovers v B*hs rivalrly panned out. They were an irrelevant minor irritant that became enough of an irritiant that we started to react.

Fingal will have to survive for a rivalry to develop. :D

Not being provocative here, but in the last few years of the club's life, I always thought that the Cork traveling support always seemed lower (at our games) than you would expect for a club with their home gates. Good to hear that this has changed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Can we please get back to talking about the soccer!!! Dont encourage people going off topic by responding!!!!

Cork are on track to get promotion I think. We go 2nd if we win and the teams above us loose.

Come on Cork.

Its standard at any club when a fan/member/player dies to give his family and friends tickets to be there for the minutes silence.

You are a seriously deranged individual to try and score points with that.

stovelid wrote: »
    PS has been on a wind-up (at all clubs) since he started posting here to be honest.

He's been on a wind up since before he started posting on the Soccer Forum by picking that name.

Fake Pineapple Stu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

So you think that Shels are taking advantage of the death of an underage player at their club in order to get more people to attend games?
    That is a sick way of looking at things.:confused:

He's been on a wind up since before he started posting on the Soccer Forum by picking that name.

Fake Pineapple Stu

I know its a different site, but are there rules about such blatant theft of someone elses handle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Looking forward to this, making the trip up for it. Seems we'll have a decent crowd between the 2 or 3 buses going, those using other transport and exiles.

Think it could end up being a draw, but would hope to keep to our winning ways :)

We've a good few first teamers out for the match.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

I will be going to this in my search for a team to replace Kildare County in my affections. Looking forward to a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We've a good few first teamers out for the match.:mad:

We're **** anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Gav, we only have one first teamer doubtful :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

RustySpoon wrote: »
    in my search for a team to replace Kildare County in my affections.

Tallaght is your closest call in Dublin so. :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    Gav, we only have one first teamer doubtful :confused:

Quiggo, O'Brien and Giller.

stovelid wrote: »
    Tallaght is your closest call in Dublin Wicklow so. :pac:

Fixed!;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement