Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne v Cork City Foras Co-Op Friday 16th April

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Looking forward to tonight's first ever meeting between football club and franchise. :)

Hopefully a good game and a decent crowd.

There's only so many games against the likes of Mervue and Salthill you can put up with...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Get in !!!! Cummins you beauty !!!! C'mon City

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Lead only lasted 7 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

what was the final score? Dad has hijacked the TV

Finished one a piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

That referee should be shot.

In the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

2 definite penos for us, probably 3. Robbed. Were the better team aswell. The book should be proper thrown at Cork for setting those seats on fire. Hefty fine, pure dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CSF wrote: »
    . The book should be proper thrown at Cork for setting those seats on fire. Hefty fine, pure dirt.

Jedward/Crystal Swing duet at HT for their next game should be punishment enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

2 definite penos for us, probably 3. Robbed. Were the better team aswell. The book should be proper thrown at Cork for setting those seats on fire. Hefty fine, pure dirt.

Im City exile just back from game and even us City fans thanked the heavens when he did not give first peno he only man in ground who did not see it he was getting abuse from us but after that we layed off him just bit:D

Taught Draw was fair enough result, City were the better side until after they scored then be fair it was all Shels and ye prob should won it in end. In fairness our Goalie gave ye helping hand in many ways.

As for those seats well from what I saw it was not first seats to be put on fire jesus that end behind goal I say there about two decent seats left in whole section. Looks ****ty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Thats disappointing to hear.

Not like we have reserves of money around to pay stupid fines. Shels brings out the worst in us I guess.

Shels brings out the worst in us I guess.
    Nope, they're just scum. No excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

What a frustrating game of football! The ref was shocking, the linesman on our side was just as bad. A tug on Cummins shirt as he was going for goal, so blatant, in front of the linesman and nothing done about it, along with a few other moments! Other than that, I guess a draw seemed fair in the end.

Nults at fault for dropping the ball at the feet of the nearest shels player from what i could see. Think it may be worth giving Devine a chance, do not feel confident whenever Nults is in goals sadly.

As for the city fans, good to see we had decent support. Those who set off the flares were the same people who almost got themselves runover in Durrow on the way up, and chased by Gardai outside Fagans...will the CCC ever learn :rolleyes: Hope they plan on paying the fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just under 200 Cork fans there, 198 I think was the official number I got, wasi n the 90's anyway. Generally a sound bunch, but as for the "hoo hoo hooligans" , funny lads!:D

On the match, all I can say is I hope Derek Tomney never refs another match, ever!!! 3 defo penos not given, one a blantant hand ball, yet 10 mins later he gives a free to City for a bal hitting a Reds shoulder, WTF!!!

Any Cork fans on here who bought a progamme, cheers and thanks for the company.:D Was looking forward to a nice pint before I was asked to sell progammes down your end on my tod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Just under 200 Cork fans there, 198 I think was the official number I got, wasi n the 90's anyway.

twice as many as there were home fans is what i've been hearing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

why on earth would you bother setting seats on fire?!?!!? whats that going to accomplish, other than getting the fans a bad rep! disgraceful behavior.
    as fro the result, I was honestly expecting a win, I cant wait to see the highlights and see what this supposedly rubbish ref was like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sh1t game.

Even up until about 60 minutes left and then it was all Shels. How we weren't given at least one penalty I'll never know tbh.

Roar wrote: »
    twice as many as there were home fans is what i've been hearing! :D
    806 is a bigger number than 198.

806 is a bigger number than 198.

i see the concept of humour is lost on you.

it's a shame we didn't win last night. imagine the bitterness!

still though, 7 games played, only one defeat, not bad for a club that came into existence two weeks before the league started..

still though, 7 games played, only one defeat, not bad for a club that came into existence two weeks before the league started..
    Tomney was the only reason you got a point last night.

Tomney was the only reason you got a point last night.

ha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You weren't even there Roar :rolleyes::pac:

Decent result, I thought we'd lose.

Decent few pints after too, with your Communications Manager

Des wrote: »
    You weren't even there Roar :rolleyes::pac:

Decent result, I thought we'd lose.

Decent few pints after too, with your Communications Manager

the tea boy you mean?? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Minnowism :rolleyes:

bitterness.

its frightening how bitter they are.

it looks like there's barely enough fans there to hold the banner!!

big club, ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Haven't watched it yet as I'm at work, but highlights are available in high def @ http://vimeo.com/11025716

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ Minnowism :rolleyes:

Yeah, they were never likely to wind you up over it...

If the above is 'minnowism' what is the 'Kilcoyne our Hero' banners classed under?

bitterness.

big club, ha.

I recall Rovers outnumbering Cawk fans 3 to one in Bishopstown....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yeah, they were never likely to wind you up over it...

If the above is 'minnowism' what is the 'Kilcoyne our Hero' banners classed under?

Well, he was like! He almost single handldy rid the LOI of its greatest scourge ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Töpher wrote: »
    Haven't watched it yet as I'm at work, but highlights are available in high def @ http://vimeo.com/11025716

The pitch looks like it it was rotovated beforehand.

Shocking refereeing.:mad:

Check out min. 7.28. :eek:

Derek Tomney should not be allowed get the whistle for the rest of the season. its just not fair on players and supporters to put up with such a bad standard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

bitterness.

big club, ha.

115 years vs 2 months. 42 trophies vs 0 trophies. 1 incarnation vs exponential growth. Bye bye now

I recall Rovers outnumbering Cawk fans 3 to one in Bishopstown....

and?

gimmick wrote: »
    Well, he was like! He almost single handldy rid the LOI of its greatest scourge ;)

Unlike Coughlan, who with the full support of the Cawk football public, actually did manage to kill off the latest Cawk franchise and make you the laughing stock of Irish sport.

You won't win this one....

and?

... and it seems a bit churlish of a Cawk fan to pick on anyones support base considering they used to get less than 100 at games, back when they were competitive.....

Always have been a joke club, and just as stability and success threatned, along came Couglan.

Say what you like about Shels, their fans have a clue.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    115 years vs 2 months. 42 trophies vs 0 trophies. 1 incarnation vs exponential growth. Bye bye now

my god, do ye just wake up with a bitter taste in yer mouths or what like? it's frightening. it's like listening to a liverpool fan talk about how great they once were.

it's pretty much the same thing, every time a Shels fan posts it just descends into a history lesson. "remember all that stuff we won once? that was great".

it must hurt so very badly to have a club that's in existence 2 months to be bigger than ye now.

just gives an excuse for more bitterness I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Game's over so we'll leave it at that before somebody says something they regret during a week away from the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement