Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worms - can't identify them

• 13-04-2010 12:42pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We recently got a new pony for our kids, a lovely smart 7 y/o 12.2 hh.

One of the first things i got for him was a worm dose and i used the equimax all in one dose. The following day when i was muckin out his stable i noticed a few grub like worms in his dung. They were about 2cm long and the thickness of an earthworm. Brown-ish in colour. All were dead as far as i could see.

Any idea what type of worms these are and are they harmful? I didn't take any pics but they looked like the grub worms you'd find in your garden only slightly bigger. I tried explaining them to a vet and she said not to worry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

If they are dead then the wormer has done its job, you can get a kit to put some poo in and send it off to measure the worm burden just to check?

If in doubt about anything call the vet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

cheers for that borderfox. i tried explaining them to a vet and she said not to worry about them.

Noticed one in the dung again last night which is 4 days after dose. Took a pic of it this time to show vet and to see can i find antyhing about it on the internet.

Advertisement