Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half Price Haagen Dazs

• 13-04-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey ,

was just in my local Tesco and I saw them with signs saying Haagen Daz now Half Price. I asked the girl and she said its on from tomorrow.

":):pac:Yum Yum"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

mmmmn.
    Is it all Tesco's? Where is your local one?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bkeano

its all stores she said only €2.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

They had plenty in stock at that price in Jervis center Tesco....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hbxutd

Dunnes had this last weekend lads, that new nutty caramel one is dangerous (for the waist) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭stek

they are 2 for 1 in superquinn also..works out the same price..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

mmm im gonna get some cookie dough :D

heres a tip for people who like milk shakes.. Put in afew scoops of cookie dough and milk into a blender(a banana too if you like) and blend it all together. It's lovely, i made one last week! nyom nyom nyom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

OMG. i will gain loads of weight again, thx, :D, heard from radio as well this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Be warned! It's not on all varities - I just picked up 2 x Summer Berries and Cream expecting to pay Eur2.49 each but when I checked my till receipt at home I was charged Eur6.32 each! This despite the fact that they had a huge poster outside the store and at the ice-cream section advertising the promotion. I'm sure it probably says "selected varities only" somewhere on the poster in size 1 font, but I didn't see it.

NOT IMPRESSED TESCO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

mmm im gonna get some cookie dough :D

heres a tip for people who like milk shakes.. Put in afew scoops of cookie dough and milk into a blender(a banana too if you like) and blend it all together. It's lovely, i made one last week! nyom nyom nyom :D
    isnt cookie dough ben and jerrys !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

isnt cookie dough ben and jerrys !!!!

sorry i meant cookies and cream :D im sure it works just as good though nyom nyom nyom:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Be warned! It's not on all varities - I just picked up 2 x Summer Berries and Cream expecting to pay Eur2.49 each but when I checked my till receipt at home I was charged Eur6.32 each! This despite the fact that they had a huge poster outside the store and at the ice-cream section advertising the promotion. I'm sure it probably says "selected varities only" somewhere on the poster in size 1 font, but I didn't see it.

NOT IMPRESSED TESCO!

typical tesco tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

NOT IMPRESSED TESCO!

Go back in with the receipt and complain!

I intend to but am waiting for the "selected lines only" reply! I'll keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cormicar

NOT IMPRESSED TESCO!

The exact same thing happened to me. I bought 2 x summer berries and realised I paid over €12 for 2 average size tubs of icecream. Really p!ssed off to say the least.....

Rang them as I couldn't be bothered going back and explained - got Miss Personality & Customer Service Person of the Year (not) who told me that "it's not on all flavours". I explained that while that was perfectly acceptable perhaps in the interest of avoiding confusion it should be more clearly marked. What did she say by way of retort?

"Ah sure dat happinz all de time" as if confusion was something unavoidable.

I then asked her if I brought my receipt could I be refunded when next in-store and she said "ah, yeah, bring dem back if ya want".

Realising I'd get more joy talking to a wall, I asked was there a manager around who could talk to me? She said he was on his break. Fair enough, but did she ask could she take a number and she'd have him call me back? Not a chance.

I only wish I was making this up!

Tesco - every little hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cormicar

Rang them as I couldn't be bothered going back and explained - got Miss Personality & Customer Service Person of the Year (not) who told me that "it's not on all flavours". I explained that while that was perfectly acceptable perhaps in the interest of avoiding confusion it should be more clearly marked. What did she say by way of retort?

"Ah sure dat happinz all de time" as if confusion was something unavoidable.

I then asked her if I brought my receipt could I be refunded when next in-store and she said "ah, yeah, bring dem back if ya want".

Realising I'd get more joy talking to a wall, I asked was there a manager around who could talk to me? She said he was on his break. Fair enough, but did she ask could she take a number and she'd have him call me back? Not a chance.

I only wish I was making this up!

Tesco - every little hurts.

I know - €12 is a lot of money these days and I had contemplated ringing them but then realised it would cause more hassle than it was worth. The thing is that the summer berries did not have a specific price beside them when I bought them which may/may not have been done on purpose.

i'd say done more out of stupidity/ignorance than on purpose. You're right though, already it has been more hassle than it was worth! Part of me WANTS to go back and complain, but the rest of me is like "f*ck it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I was in the Galway Tesco yesterday and it was clear on all the flavors which were half price. I picked up Chocolate Choc chip and Strawberry Cheese Cake mmmmm Fantastic :)
    Thanks OP

I can confirm its on all varieties !!! I have just checked!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

bkeano wrote: »
    I can confirm its on all varieties !!! I have just checked!!

Lies. Went to Tescos clare hall earlier, AFAIR they have Strawberry Cheesecake, Cookies & Cream, Vanilla, Prailene & Nuts,Belgian Chocolate, & Choc Chip on offer, theres 2 or 3 more flavors thats not included.

• Advertisement

On tesco.ie Summer Berries & Cream is coming up at Eur6.32, while most other varieties are Eur2.49.

Hi

If you look close enough you will see thatSummer Berries is a smoothie not Reg Ice Cream thats why its not included! I was asking member of staff earlier in my local tesco! I had a look at all the labels and all the other flavours are 2.49 . I bought 3 Cookie Dough and 2 Cheesecake

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

i'd say done more out of stupidity/ignorance than on purpose.
    I think the stupidity was not realising you were charged full price, do people not check their receipts while in tesco due to its rep for overcharging, Was in rathmines today Summer Berries was clearly marked at 6.32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i got 9 tubs
    including 2 summer berries at 2.50ish
    yum
    7 to go
    haha

theavenger wrote: »
    I think the stupidity was not realising you were charged full price, do people not check their receipts while in tesco due to its rep for overcharging, Was in rathmines today Summer Berries was clearly marked at 6.32

Yes, I'm stupid for not realising that I was overcharged for 2 items on a Eur200+ grocery bill and for not stopping to check a 2 foot long receipt whilst in the store, despite being really tired after a long day's work.

Thank you for your helpful and constructive comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

Thank you for your helpful and constructive comment.

Here's my helpful comment, Why not bring it back and challenge there no quibbles policy, so you will have them for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Anyone know how long this offer is running for?

I wanna stock up on some more ice-creamy goodness before it's over! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Got Summer Berries & Cream for €2.36 in Greystones Tesco at around 5.00pm today, but there was only one more tub of it left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Picked up Strawberrys & Cream earlier.. yummy!

• Advertisement

Offer Runs until 4th May

Advertisement