Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will it ever be as cheap to build as it is now?

Options
  • 13-04-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Has it got as cheap as it will be to build as it ever will be?

If we can assume building costs have reduced significantly in the past few years?

Also, take material costs; say a brick; will the energy it costs to produce that brick in the future cost more due to oil availability becoming scarce? hence pushing up material costs?

I'd imagine the energy from oil / gas is ideal to produce such items as bricks and steel etc. other energy types (nuclear, wind, wave) would not be as intense?

Also with the availability of cheap credit to build having disappeared - have we reached near enough our maximum property stock in Ireland?

Is it time to go out and buy cheap property? doh no cheap credit!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Moving this from Economics. OP: I doubt you'd get much of a response from the Economics forum, contrary to popular belief economists do very little forecasting about land values!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

i doubt this qustion can be answered in any section alone as it take in energy costs raw materials, availability of money,labour issues.

But to answer a direct question. I doubt labour will ever be as cheap but materials will eventually go up

So no it will never be as cheap if materials go up and yes it will if min wage goes down.

Advertisement