Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Quiz in Galway

• 13-04-2010 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm holding a table quiz in Galway for charity, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for prizes and things?

I've never done anything like this before so I don't know which businesses are and aren't helpful with this kind of thing, (I am hoping to get support from local businesses, vouchers for Easons etc etc).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tallman

Bottles of wine or spirits are the usual. Most organisers get local businesses to sponsor these, but that might be hard these days. So many organisations are looking for this type of sponsorship. Also, it's coming to the end of table quiz season. With the good weather, most people are staying outdoors, so it might be better to put it back to Sept for eg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Local restaurants are normally good at giving vouchers as long as you mention them on the night. Target local businesses as they are normally more accomodating with these events and are quite eager to get some good publicity out of it. For when to hold it, the summer months are normally not that great but it depends if you have committed numbers going to it or if you are relying on walk-ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

when is the quiz ?
    The_Edd wrote: »
    I'm holding a table quiz in Galway for charity, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for prizes and things?

I've never done anything like this before so I don't know which businesses are and aren't helpful with this kind of thing, (I am hoping to get support from local businesses, vouchers for Easons etc etc).

Advertisement