Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can anyone recommend a really nice place to eat in limerick city??

Options
  • 13-04-2010 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

any ideas where to take someone special for a special meal?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

any ideas where to take someone special for a special meal?

Liugi Malones - its amazing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Eh?!?
    Pembily wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Amazingly bland. The menu hasn't really changed there since the place opened.

OP if it is an intimate surrounding your looking for then I would highly recommend Azur just a few doors down from Luigi Malones. Very nice small French restaurant with snug surroundings and candle light dining. Brought the other half there last year for our 10th anniversary and we were both pretty happy with the meal, service and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Amazingly overated.

@OP

There are a few good reviews in this thread.

I was in Freddies Bistro recently and taught it was great.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

The Market Square for something really special and my new favourite The Cornstore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If you like deafeningly loud restaurants with zero atmosphere and full of hen parties, then yes, yes it is, its like a Supermacs for adults

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

krudler wrote: »
    If you like deafeningly loud restaurants with zero atmosphere and full of hen parties, then yes, yes it is, its like a Supermacs for adults

+1, don`t like the place. Food is average at best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭notonlybutalso

i have been to luigis and frankly id rather go to chicken hut. its nicer quicker and cheaper without the snobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

The menu is very hit and miss in Luigi's, but I think it's good if you know what to order. The chicken wings are very good, and so are the steaks. Some of the other dishes are a bit bland alright. They give very large portions across the board.
    It's mainly just normal people who go there. I saw someone once being pretty rude to a waiter. So I don't know why someone remarked about snobs. Maybe they are one of those people who go out in their pyjamas.

The Jasmine Palace is really good. They do Chinese food. Never had a bad meal there, the staff are friendly, and it's a very nice environment to eat in.

There are a few nice Indian restaurants around. The best one is probably Spice of India, which is upstairs on O'Connell St. The food there is great, and the whole menu seems to be really good. I've only eaten in the restaurant once, although we've gotten a lot of takeaways. The staff were very friendly, and it was a nice environment and very comfortable.

I wouldn't agree with Azur being a good choice. Didn't think the food there was anything special, and it was fairly expensive for what it was. It was ok though. There aren't many fish restaurants around Limerick, in any case.

I think Jasmine Palace is probably the best choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement