Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freediving in Ireland

• 13-04-2010 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Some of us are trying to get an association together for divers interested in freediving and spearfishing, drop me your details if you are interested.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Well up for this.PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bobbbyyyyyy

what the main area of dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Freediving

We will intially be meeting at the Portroe Dive Centre during the weekends, for diving and training, once we get the numbers up we can arrange a central point for people to meet up and get the association organized.

www.diveportroe.com
    what the main area of dublin

i will be 16 in may is that a ok age

i will be 16 in may is that a ok age

16 is the minimum age to begin AIDA training, I would have to check and see what other requirements are needed for your age, as you are under 18 I think you would also need a guardian or parent to consent and be with you. I can find that out for you.

• Advertisement

ok thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

For now I'd be on for some light snorkelling - not going deeper than five or six meters working up to seven or eight meters

I'm most of the gear I'd need or at least think I do - surfing wetsuit with hood, masks snorkel, dive fins (not free dive ones), 5 kg of lead on a belt only using 3 for now and ankle weights about 1kg, and a dive knife. Would I need anything else?

I'd be happy to join a club but at the moment time is short so I'd stick to snorkelling.

Initial AIDA * star training only requires what you have, this way if you dont like it then you havent spent alot on gear you wont use, if you like it then you can get the specific fins and suit. The first course will hopefully produce four one star or two star AIDA divers, if we can also get other freedivers from other agencies then great, as creating a club or association will mean getting the numbers. Feel free to drop me your details, name, email, contact number, and I can let you know when the next courses, meeting, is happening.

For now I'd be on for some light snorkelling - not going deeper than five or six meters working up to seven or eight meters

I'm most of the gear I'd need or at least think I do - surfing wetsuit with hood, masks snorkel, dive fins (not free dive ones), 5 kg of lead on a belt only using 3 for now and ankle weights about 1kg, and a dive knife. Would I need anything else?

I'd be happy to join a club but at the moment time is short so I'd stick to snorkelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭mugs1

I would be very interested

PM sent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

PM sent!

• Advertisement

Hi lads just a bump on this its under the extreme sports section as well.
    www.freediveireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Had a good afternoon snorkeling and freediving in Salthill in Galway today.

Had a look at your Facebook page. Was getting interested in the course in Sligo but then saw it was €120, seems a bit steep. Maybe some day if I get earning!

Hi Joe of course I would say its pretty good value but full weekend is E295 inc 2 nights self catering accomdodation the equivelent in the UK is 250 pounds plus your accomodation.
    I have eight spaces max and three people on for this one with a fourth maybe so hopefully it will fill. Then I will run alternate full weekends and one day courses. If you attend a one day and then book a weekend within the same year you will get a discount on the course and same if you sign up a friend ie you and a friend both get the discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

The facebook says "Course cost is E120.00"... and that's what I was referring to as pricey, not €295! :o

Advertisement